Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
really glad that Santa Alter at least has a heal on her to help keep sustainability up for the last day mania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

Setting up your support list to get the most FP is the closest thing FGO has to PVP gameplay. That's why you'll see so many people people telling you you don't need Mona Lisa; if you don't have it that means more people will use theirs.

They'll deny it, of course.

i have every three star i care about at np5 so i am sitting on ~130k fp and its not worth my time to spend it

i guess you could very very slowly get CE xp but it seems pretty pointless to amass fp

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

UberJew posted:

i have every three star i care about at np5 so i am sitting on ~130k fp and its not worth my time to spend it

if you want Angra Mainyu, you will need hundreds of thousands of FP. if you want him at NP5 you are going to need millions. he's not that good, true, but he's difficult to attain and if you value Having Things, you will need more than your usual income of FP to attain him.

also, having huge stockpiles of FP is helpful for getting more of the low-level event currency booster CEs, especially if it's an event you don't plan to roll for a lot. Gudaguda's store being nearly impossible to clear without tons of apples or having a ton of the 5* CE on hand is going to be closer to the norm than the exception.

and long-term, it might actually be a mana prism profit

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gyra_Solune posted:

if you want Angra Mainyu, you will need hundreds of thousands of FP. if you want him at NP5 you are going to need millions. he's not that good, true, but he's difficult to attain and if you value Having Things, you will need more than your usual income of FP to attain him.

also, having huge stockpiles of FP is helpful for getting more of the low-level event currency booster CEs, especially if it's an event you don't plan to roll for a lot. Gudaguda's store being nearly impossible to clear without tons of apples or having a ton of the 5* CE on hand is going to be closer to the norm than the exception.

and long-term, it might actually be a mana prism profit

I believe in my connection with Angra. He'll come to me, even if I don't save for him.

Soon, he'll be my first Bond lvl.10 Servant on JP. He's NP4.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Nate RFB posted:

Santa Alter: 12
Other 4*: 12
Robin: 7
David: 7
Caesar: 7
Five 5* CEs (either a Present For My Master or a Holy Night Sign drop): 60

That's 105 for +13 assuming a Santa Alter w/ Holy Night Sign support.

You only need 4 ce. The 5th comes from a support.
Santa 12
Jack 16
Any 4star 12
Phantom 4
Any 3star 7

4 ces 48

99 cost
Bonus is 15 with a support Santa.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Finished leveling Cu, Altera, and Euryale. Working now on Jingke since she's the only Assassin that isn't Jack, and then onto Robin and David, and probably Caesar since he's also the only Saber.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I will never use Phantom, and my other bonus Servants aren't high enough level for me to feel comfortable putting him in the very back of my party. So for me at least, the cost for my party will be a tad higher.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
E: nm I'm dumb

Quetzadilla fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 30, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

mightygerm posted:

You only need 4 ce. The 5th comes from a support.
Santa 12
Jack 16
Any 4star 12
Phantom 4
Any 3star 7

4 ces 48

99 cost
Bonus is 15 with a support Santa.
I consider it prudent to assume the need for at least one more slot for another 5* CE, specifically Present For My Master, to give oneself even the smallest of increased chances of clearing out the important stuff in the shop. I also think that setup is going to have trouble clearing the 50AP anyway.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Imo bother with one, the art is nice.

Five seems unnecessary though.

base Mona Lisa CE is only +2% QP, Max Limit Break Mona Lisa however is +10%

Endorph posted:

oh no!!! how will i grind QP!?

Mona Lisa CE bonus stacks. So with a support and your own, you have +20%

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
Best case Scenario setup is:
Santa Alter, Jack, Nursery Rhyme, Martha, Marie, and support Santa Alter with 4 Holy Sign
which have a cost of 112, and give the base bonus of +17 with 100% stocking boost.

The second best case, with a cost of 104 is:
Santa Alter, Jack, Nursery Rhyme, Martha (or Marie), Phantom of the Opera, and Support Santa Alter with 4 Holy Sign
which gives the base bonus of +16 with 100% stocking boost.
(4+3+2+2+1+4 = 16)

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 30, 2017

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

It’s impossible to have 112 cost in NA. Also you don’t really need an extra gold star CE if you are planning on farming the events. Even just the apples from the boxes and clear rewards will almost clear the gold star shop even in 40ap.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's moot point anyway because it counts on getting Jack.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

This is the best I'm going to be able to manage since I lack any of the Golds on the banner unless I luck into Nursery when I throw a 10 roll or two at her.

I'm using Nobu and some random 5-star CEs as stand-ins for Santa Alter and the Stocking CE. Assuming another Santa Alter in the support slot, the bonus comes out to a modest +12. At least its a team that seems ready to take on the 50AP, especially since I've got enough embers stockpiled to get Santa Alter to somewhere in the 60s.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

mightygerm posted:

It’s impossible to have 112 cost in NA. Also you don’t really need an extra gold star CE if you are planning on farming the events. Even just the apples from the boxes and clear rewards will almost clear the gold star shop even in 40ap.

There's a reason I also listed the second best setup. And the Holy Night Sign CE I mentioned is about getting the stockings drop to efficiently run the lottery with apples over and over again. Mostly to acquire massive amounts of mana prisms.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

We only have about 4 days to run the lottery with Santa Alter, right? So it's really just going to be mostly focused around the end of the event.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Pretty much. The only things needed prior to that is to buy out the KFC buckets and Holy Night Sign CEs, and I guess roll the lottery every now and then. Might as well just live in the 40AP getting as many stars/stockings as possible. Maybe it won't be that hard to clear out a couple of boxes? Then switch gears completely once day 6 hits.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

MonsieurChoc posted:

So, how would you guys stat Caster Stephen King? While there's no way he's getting into FGO due to being still alive, he's totally getting into the Throne of Heroes alongside Dumas.

Maximum Overdrive should totally be a skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygWMy-QQNbw

Look at what cocaine does.

His attacks are just him throwing hardcopies of It, The Stand, and Under the Dome at the enemies. That would hurt.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh cool, got my first max bond CE as my last action of the evening before the Xmas event.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 1, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Mister George's Bond CE is pictures, that is perfect. :3:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Why do the max bond CE's all only add 100HP and ATK?

Also, grats and nice job.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

RanKizama posted:

Why do the max bond CE's all only add 100HP and ATK?

Also, grats and nice job.

Probably because they have unique and potentially powerfull effects. Nero has a party wide 15% arts buff, permanent. Altera's is flat 15% damage boost for all allies. Salter's gives a 30% chance to def down on each normal attack. Arash heals and purges debuffs for the party when he dies (to his NP). Basically they either have the generic +15 to stat for the party or something really neat that most regular CEs can't do.

And 3 hours till I can see whether I need to whale for this.

E: looks like Cused arm's boosts death chance by 20%, wonder how that interacts with King Hassan's 5% death chance on every attack. Also, the King becomes pretty much immune to debuffs with his on, so that's neat.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 1, 2017

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!
Indeed, welcome to the 'I've Played This Game Too Much' Club.

Always good to have such dedicated people on their Friend's List.

Now if only you MLB your Mona Lisa, then you'll really start rolling in those FPs (hint hint).

Since this has been brought up now, I'm curious if anyone else has max bond level with one of their Servants.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

On NA, my closest is Asterios with Bond lvl 8.

We're gonna kill the boss of Part 1 so hard you guys.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh huh, maintenance. I'm sure something i clicked through earlier mentioned that to me.

My highest bond is with Tamacat and that's still got 2.5 to go. Somewhat surprisingly, my second highest is Gil. I'm not sure if i've ever even looked at his conversations in my room. I guess i hold a grudge against him from watching /zero and /UBW :sweatdrop:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want Caster Gil and Kid Gil.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I want Caster Gil and Kid Gil.

Kid Gil is a good boy who deserves a few grails.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why did he grow up to be such an rear end in a top hat :(

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Why did he grow up to be such an rear end in a top hat :(

He became Triple H.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
My highest Bond Level is currently with Heracles, at 7.

MonsieurChoc posted:

We're gonna kill the boss of Part 1 so hard you guys.

Berserker won't lose to anyone, because he's the strongest man in the world! :black101:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Coming soon

https://twitter.com/redactedtext/status/936454225118208000q

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
I am bond level 9 with Cu in the Japanese version. so I'll get his CE soon.

Incidentally, does anyone have any guides that go into detail on game mechanics? I am currently getting stomped by the last boss for Camelot and need to figure out a strategy to take her down.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dante Logos posted:

I am bond level 9 with Cu in the Japanese version. so I'll get his CE soon.

Incidentally, does anyone have any guides that go into detail on game mechanics? I am currently getting stomped by the last boss for Camelot and need to figure out a strategy to take her down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY7RG2ibHb0

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
And there's season one complete. What a goddamn ride, from America to the end have some of the best writing in all of Fate.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Alright, the game is back up, and I got all my quartz ready for this. Let me just get my login ticket and the five from Da Vinci's shop.

Very first ticket, gold Assassin card... no way.

:stare:

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Spent 5 tickets and 60 quartz.

Came away with Jack, Nursery, a Fragment of 2030, 2 Presents for my Master, and one each of the other event CEs. Life is good.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've been switching between a lot of characters for class advantage so they're mostly at bond 5-6. I've had Herc and Kintoki permanently on any team aside from events so they're at 9 and 8 respectively.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

1 10 roll and 7 tickets got me Marie, Jack and some event CE. Some day my EX luck is going to run out, but today is not that day.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Haha, thats going well, my 5 tickets brought in 2 black keys and iron will training, my first 10 roll I got spooked by Carmilla. Emiya NP2 is nice at least. Nursery Rhyme summoned on the second tenner. Marie NP4 as well. Altera to NP3, what.

Right time to pick up some google play cards after work tomorrow. 5 tickets and 120 quartz definitely not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lightning Reindeer has pretty good text.

e: :rip: Little Darius, age 3.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 1, 2017