Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jinder was most overpushed and that's what the award is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

everything about the bray wyatt gimmick except maybe the accent and the gear should be scrapped

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

oatgan posted:

everything about the bray wyatt gimmick except maybe the accent and the gear should be scrapped

I'll fight for the lantern.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/936305103597985794

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

I like his music.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

keevo posted:

I honestly think Finn should be most overrated this year.

Hmm yes, the perennial midcarder who never held a belt in 2017 (and was injured for half the voting period) is definitely more overrated than former world champ Bray Wyatt, former world champ Jinder Mahal, and Survivor Series captain Shane McMahon.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is the award for wrestlers who the company considers more valuable than they are, wrestlers who other readers/listeners themselves think are better than they are, or who all fans in general think are better than they are?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eli Drake would be my vote for most overrated if anyone cared about TNA one way or the other, and for the fact that I think he's overrated by Dave specifically.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Sexy Star on the basis that she shouldn't have been pushed anywhere to begin with and is still being pushed in places after she shot on Rosemary

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder who is getting most underrated? Hopefully not Cesaro, Harper probably has it locked up

It's Gran Metalik but he's so underpushed that most of the voting bloc might've forgotten about him... and no one watches 205 live

HPJoker fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 1, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

HPJoker posted:

Sexy Star on the basis that she shouldn't have been pushed anywhere to begin with and is still being pushed in places after she shot on Rosemary

It's Gran Metalik but he's so underpushed that most of the voting bloc might've forgotten about him... and no one watches 205 live

Sexy Star should've won most overpushed last year but definitely given this years fiasco

And thank you for reminding me Gran Metalik exists because that is the correct answer that I had to be reminded that on the WWE roster is one of the best luchadores in the entire world and forgetting he exists isn't difficult

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Yeah I feel like the most viable contenders (in wwe) for underrated/underpushed are in either 205 or NXT. Finn's been in bad feuds sure but everyone seems reasonably well slotted on the main roster apart from the aforementioned overpushed people.

e: I feel like they could probably be doing more with Apollo Crews

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's what the award has always been, it literally can't be "most overrated by the fans" since how the hell would they vote for that.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

It's what the award has always been, it literally can't be "most overrated by the fans" since how the hell would they vote for that.

It feels like Cody would win that award this year

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Show Dave that indie wrestling matters and vote Cody for Best Box Office Draw.

Forgot to mention it earlier but Dave 100% not saying Conor does cocaine was a fun part of WOR.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Show Dave that indie wrestling matters and vote Cody for Best Box Office Draw.

Forgot to mention it earlier but Dave 100% not saying Conor does cocaine was a fun part of WOR.

Outside of Conor who'd be next in line for Draw of the Year though? WWE house show attendance is dropping and Mania is sold on name alone. Okada or Naito I guess cause they've grown New Japan business, and maybe someone from CMLL.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Outside of Conor who'd be next in line for Draw of the Year though? WWE house show attendance is dropping and Mania is sold on name alone. Okada or Naito I guess cause they've grown New Japan business, and maybe someone from CMLL.

Micro Man sold out Arena Mexico in his first match.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

MassRafTer posted:

Just as easy to quantify as ‘most over-pushed’. Cody and the Bucks are the easy answer there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

Just as easy to quantify as ‘most over-pushed’. Cody and the Bucks are the easy answer there.

If you are a fan and are voting for who the fans think is the most overrated in a fan voted award it is impossible for the winner to be the person the fans are overrating the most.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Dave really should just change the official wording to over/under pushed to clarify the situation and avoid these arguments every single year tho

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Thauros posted:

Dave really should just change the official wording to over/under pushed to clarify the situation and avoid these arguments every single year tho

If Dave cared he would have changed the name over 30 years ago when Hulk Hogan: Most Charismatic Wrestler In The World, was also Most Overrated.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Today:

Jimmy Jacobs is on Talk Is Jericho
Dolph Ziggler is on Edge & Christain's podcast

Both newsworthy podcasts.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rovert posted:

Today:

Jimmy Jacobs is on Talk Is Jericho
Dolph Ziggler is on Edge & Christain's podcast

Both newsworthy podcasts.

Great, Ziggler is finally announcing his retirement, I can't wait

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Great, Ziggler is finally announcing his retirement, I can't wait

according to the title of the reddit post on dolph's video its him whining about not being pushed which is lmao as gently caress

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If Dave cared he would have changed the name over 30 years ago when Hulk Hogan: Most Charismatic Wrestler In The World, was also Most Overrated.

he's talked about it before and has some dumb reason why he won't change the name that i don't remember. maybe the reason is just because it's always been called most overrated so why change it now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Russo true believers are currently having their mind blown over Meltzer on Twitter telling them This Is Your Life wasn't the highest ever Raw rating. Some refuse to believe Meltzer.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/936781672468512769

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/936783328513896448

oatgan fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 2, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Russo true believers are currently having their mind blown over Meltzer on Twitter telling them This Is Your Life wasn't the highest ever Raw rating. Some refuse to believe Meltzer.

If I recall correctly, it was an Undertaker/Austin match, right?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there's also a brisco and patterson vs the mean street posse match that did an enormous rating, higher than this is your life

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This Is Your Life loving sucked and I have no clue why people still romanticize it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hmm. IMO the only thing to do is immediately eject Sting from the HOF.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

This Is Your Life loving sucked and I have no clue why people still romanticize it

I think the Rock's reactions are gold but the greater bulk of the segment is pretty lame, mostly carried by said reactions plus Mankind being so endearing as a character.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hmm. IMO the only thing to do is immediately eject Sting from the HOF.

I think you meant to call him Stink

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

I think you meant to call him Stink

Wronk :colbert:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
lol at Dave’s organizational skills

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
the four horsemen reunion was the best segment out of both companies in that late 90s anyways

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jerusalem posted:

I think the Rock's reactions are gold but the greater bulk of the segment is pretty lame, mostly carried by said reactions plus Mankind being so endearing as a character.

I thought the only reason it really endured is because The Rock and Mankind are so good at what they do. You could give that same segment to two others and it wouldn't work anywhere near as well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Pat Laprade interview with Dave and Bryan on the latest Observer Radio is a really fun listen - Laprade keeps them both on track when they start derailing into some well worn arguments/debates and his bit about Montreal Screwjob Truthers is hilarious.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DrVenkman posted:

I thought the only reason it really endured is because The Rock and Mankind are so good at what they do. You could give that same segment to two others and it wouldn't work anywhere near as well.

Case in point, when they gave that same segment to two others

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Can't believe the Russians got to Dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A loving great clip by the king of the beefers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjEWaHQgwmw