Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Seems about right for Pearson, that company is a shitshow from top to bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I love Jon Bois. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I0cUTXwr-k

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Trigger warning for Lions fans: Joey Harrington comes up

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MausoleumExtremist posted:

Germans: Only great pain is the liberator of the spirit.
Germans: Listen closely or you end up sending them to the oncologist when they wanted to see an ontologist.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I see some potential for a "Dr. Heidegger, private practice" sketch with people sitting in the waiting room for their appointment with the doctor.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Actually a well done graph. It's the implications of the content that's horrendous.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah, for some reason I wanted the y axis inverted but I think that's a reasonable people can disagree thing.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

pangstrom posted:

Yeah, for some reason I wanted the y axis inverted but I think that's a reasonable people can disagree thing.

You’re not the only one who tried to read it that way, but I agree it’s not an unreasonable choice to do it the other way

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

You don't need a chart to know that Trump tweets are fuckin' dense.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Germans: Listen closely or you end up sending them to the oncologist when they wanted to see an ontologist.

This happened to me a few weeks ago when I booked an appointment with a neurologist and a urologist in the same week. I had to keep double-checking the confirmation voicemails to ensure that I was shaving the correct end.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

CellBlock posted:

You don't need a chart to know that Trump tweets are fuckin' dense.

Did you not notice the intent of the chart?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Whoa I just heard the wooshing sound like 4 threads away and I came in here to see what happened.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I really hope he steps up the all night tweeting, sleep deprivation will surly increase his capabilities as a leader and diplomat.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Outrail posted:

I really hope he steps up the all night tweeting, sleep deprivation will surly increase his capabilities as a leader and diplomat.

Well it can’t hurt.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Man Mueller's really starting to worry the bastard, he's not sleeping

Between that and him breaking the Oval Office toilet I think Trump is losing it and we're still on year one

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Somfin posted:

Man Mueller's really starting to worry the bastard, he's not sleeping

Between that and him breaking the Oval Office toilet I think Trump is losing it and we're still on year one

I wonder if those night tweets are because of the Asia trip, actually

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Not charts or graphs exactly, but these are cute:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/neuroskeptic/2017/10/15/parade-of-scientific-mice/

e. I just found a genuinely bad chart, though!

SerialKilldeer has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Dec 2, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"... and the rest" :lol:

to say nothing of it scientific usefulness.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Saint Freak posted:

Whoa I just heard the wooshing sound like 4 threads away and I came in here to see what happened.

oh poo poo, dense has two meanings. Sorry yall, English is my second language :p

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
I’m the shark staring longingly at the fish branch, wishing he could be included in it so he could eat all those snotty fuckers

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I’m the shark staring longingly at the fish branch, wishing he could be included in it so he could eat all those snotty fuckers

wait, why is it in other and not fish?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

SaltyJesus posted:

For the same reason birds now derive from amphibians and mollusks from arachnids?

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

SaltyJesus posted:

Sharks and rays are quite different from "normal" fishes. For example they don't have bones.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sharks are weird but that tree is weirder

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Powaqoatse posted:

oh poo poo, dense has two meanings. Sorry yall, English is my second language :p

Welcome to English! Nothing makes sense.

(Actually, you did pretty well, that's the kind of mistake a native could easily make.)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SaltyJesus posted:

"Fish" isn't really a taxonomically distinct group anyway, it's like taking a group as diverse as terrestrial animals and just lumping them all together because they happen to live in the water.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Regy Rusty posted:

"Fish" isn't really a taxonomically distinct group anyway, it's like taking a group as diverse as terrestrial animals and just lumping them all together because they happen to live in the water.

Crabs are fish

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Can't decide if a little spiral shell scuttling towards your lettuce on eight legs would be cute or the creepiest creature in the universe.

e: I guess it wouldn't be all that different from a hermit crab.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

ikanreed posted:

Crabs are fish

Crabs, hippos, small boats...

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"So uh, what should we do with sharks and sponges and stuff"

"Eh, just stick 'em in the middle somewhere".

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

ikanreed posted:

Crabs are fish

Evolutionarily, humans are fish.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Goon Danton posted:

Crabs, hippos, small boats...

...small pastries...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

RichardA posted:

Sharks and rays are quite different from "normal" fishes. For example they don't have bones.

They're still vertebrates and they have bones of a sort- cartilaginous skeletons. Sharks are no weirder from "normal" fishes than say the jawless fish, like Hagfish and Lampreys.

There are tons of weird fish that still get to be called "fish." Regy Rusty is correct; "fish" isn't a proper taxonomic group. It's a loose, polyphyletic, descriptive term. Sharks are totally fish.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Organisms aren't grouped together by scientists according to characteristics anyway. Haven't been for decades, maybe even a century now?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The distribution of Finnish presidential candidates is pretty amusing.

The results are based on same questions that are used for other elections and in parliamentary elections etc. the candidates are generally ~evenly distributed.

(The president has very little executive power compared to the PM and Niinistö is all but guaranteed to win the 2nd term)

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I love the party abbreviations. "valitsijayhdistys" vs. "r".

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Goon Danton posted:

I love the party abbreviations. "valitsijayhdistys" vs. "r".

I don't know the correct English term but he's not officially any party's candidate but instead collected 20 thousand+ names that are needed as an alternative way to become a candidate.

It was kind of "I'm above party politics" publicity stunt.

e. "Independent" isn't a literal translation, but works well enough.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Dec 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Kennel posted:

I don't know the correct English term but he's not officially any party's candidate but instead collected 20 thousand+ names that are needed as an alternative way to become a candidate.

It was kind of "I'm above party politics" publicity stunt.

e. "Independent" isn't a literal translation, but works well enough.

Write-in candidate?