Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Vol Navy is gonna be sporting a lot more jolly rogers down the Tennessee

https://twitter.com/trish432/status/936453087430094850

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

an adult beverage posted:

Holy poo poo I really hope Leach 2 Tenn isn't true. I need Tennessee in disarray. Get Jeff fisher or something stupid like that.

Naw it will be cool IMO, the conference is too boring.

Now Leach at LSU would maybe be a little too scary because LSU is just too talented on average to deal with them having a Big 12 offense.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I just checked; Wazzu and Texas Tech's five year recruiting rankings are 49 and 50, respectively.

Tennessee's is 15.

Leach is not a recruiter and doesn't care that much, but if he had a top 30 class, yikes.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/936455639127248897

[edit] Worth remembering that Feldman co-authored Leach's book.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I just checked; Wazzu and Texas Tech's five year recruiting rankings are 49 and 50, respectively.

Tennessee's is 15.

Leach is not a recruiter and doesn't care that much, but if he had a top 30 class, yikes.

leach with more athletes like crabtree sounds terrifying

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Tennessee's is 15.

Recruiting to Lubbock or the Palouse is probably very different than to Knoxville but I think the bigger factor is his system.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/tyypod/status/936445848875077633

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’m rubbing my thighs, my body is ready

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I’m rubbing my thighs, my body is ready

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm just going to say this -- Mike Leach's lolrandom monkeycheese gimmick gets really old really fast when you have to hear it every day

But he's a hell of a ball coach

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/936444423436734464

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Benne posted:

I'm just going to say this -- Mike Leach's lolrandom monkeycheese gimmick gets really old really fast when you have to hear it every day

It can't be any worse than coining the phrase "champions of life" or bringing a trash can with the team number on it onto the field.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

Benne posted:

As a texas tech alum actually it owns

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Congrats Tennessee. Enjoy not having a defense.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Congrats Tennessee. Enjoy not having a defense.

So business as usual then

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm assuming the overlap between comic book nerds and NCAA football fans is super low, but...

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/936448769062731776

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Tomahawknation/status/936456699120111616

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I kinda just want the SEC East not to be a complete dumpster fire and be competitive so wins feel way better.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Same. It’s always more fun when it’s a 3 team race to the finish instead of having one team lock it but by week 7

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

Holy poo poo I really hope Leach 2 Tenn isn't true. I need Tennessee in disarray. Get Jeff fisher or something stupid like that.

Yeah, it's gonna be disappointing for everyone else if Tennessee somehow ends up with a good and fun hire after all this.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

If true....

LEACH GOOD

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

nachos posted:

Why would leach leave wazzu for UT what the heck

have you ever been to Pullman

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

LeeMajors posted:

OH BOY THEY GONNA GO NUCLEAR IN KNOXVILLE WHEN THIS FALLS THROUGH TOO

https://twitter.com/newyscruggs/status/936440399211761665

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tenny doesnt deserve him, i want him to stay our cool rival

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 1, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I hope Leach lands there because then I'll have an SEC team to cheer for besides whoever is playing bama.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Knoxville apparently has FIVE Taco Bell locations, so I think Leach to Tennessee is a done deal.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope Leach lands there because then I'll have an SEC team to cheer for besides whoever is playing bama.

lol if you don't pull for Vanderbilt to upset the Gators every year

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't give enough of a drat about the gators outside of when they play FSU to root against them. I'm not a florida native so I have no natural hate against them.

I've disliked Bama since that last second field goal won the cotton bowl against tech in 06. I was at the game and it sparked my hate for bama that has grown significantly since moving to the deep south.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm a Pitt fan so I know that nothing matters and we all just live and die over and over to no discernable end.

That being said, I am fully in favor of Pirate King Mike Leach to the SEC, it'll be hilarious whether he goes 0-12, 12-0, or anything in between.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Benne posted:

This man has obviously never heard butch jones and his years of generic bullshit coach speak press conference

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Leach has been asked for dinner date recommendations for Lubbock and Pullman, which took him ~10 minutes per city to compare the decent places.

Can you imagine how long it will take for Knoxville if he's had a bit of time to understand it?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
At one point Knoxville had the most restaurants per capita of anywhere in the US!

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Give us Leach. Not to poopoo hiring him, but a friend and I were discussing Leach and he felt like Leach would probably top out as 3rd best in the East. I’m inclined to disagree with that take on the basis we get lined up with a solid DC.

Air Raid at Rocky Top Bitches

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Leach as HC, Tee as OC, Les as DC/head recruiter let’s go baby

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
gonna laugh my rear end off when leach's first game is a loss to an FCS school

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I can see a loss to ETSU after beating WVU. Steve Spurrier and Phil Fulmer are both involved with the football program at ETSU.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

NickRoweFillea posted:

Leach as HC, Tee as OC, Les as DC/head recruiter let’s go baby

Les' background was as an offensive line coach...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

gonna laugh my rear end off when leach's first game is a loss to an FCS school

The air raid is supposed to make it easy on QBs, but Tennessee's current quarterbacks would really test that theory.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Asproigerosis posted:

:siren::siren:GRUDEN GOING TO SIGN AT TENNESSEE:siren::siren:

jay gruden after he lets dallas embarrass him like this

Jay is the superior coaching Gruden, as far as I'm concerned. Didn't dude coach and QB an arena team at the same time? That's some AJ Foyt level poo poo right there.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this...

A reporter asked Mike Leach for advice on his upcoming wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Leach is an excellent coach and clinically insane so I want this to happen really badly.

• Locked thread