Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

My Lovely Horse posted:

If you have a bathtub full of books, good on you, but get your rear end to IKEA.

They do usually have clean toilets there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
"A-Cup Day" may or may not have been used in a presentation about the importance of allowing ELLs unlimited self-expression today.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I wonder what Rihanna would say...

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

CaptainCrunch posted:

Looking forward to hearing about :

“You’re getting a spanking young man!”
“Sorry mama, gotta take it up with the Union Rep!”

"Time for bed kiddo."
"That's not in da Union contract."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

"Be nice and share your toys"
"Not with freakin scabs!"

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

MisterBibs posted:

I brought my Switch in to work today to let my kids play Super Mario Odyssey, because they've been good.

They've spent more time getting Kid Angry or Kid Upset over what clothes the previous kid put Mario in than the game.

My kids play blocky roads on the tablet occasionally, some Minecraft-looking side scrolled driving game. They've pretty much stopped driving and just compete to make the most nauseating/epilepsy-inducing paint schemes possible. They discovered they could make the individual blocks flash multiple colours.I gave up telling them to play it properly when I realised how old I sounded.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

MISS FLETA MISS FLETA MISS FLETA MISS FLETA um uh do you know Italy?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

MISS FLETA MISS FLETA MISS FLETA MISS FLETA um uh do you know Italy?

An old Italian man asked me the same thing once.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Phone call from my twin nephews, age 8: "Auntie Kiara, Father Christmas came to us in a dream and said that you would buy us new consoles this year. That is true, right?"

Sorry, little buddies, you are going to have to share the console your parents are buying you. But I will give you two games to share.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

BattyKiara posted:

Phone call from my twin nephews, age 8: "Auntie Kiara, Father Christmas came to us in a dream and said that you would buy us new consoles this year. That is true, right?"

Sorry, little buddies, you are going to have to share the console your parents are buying you. But I will give you two games to share.

give them a new controller to beat each other to death with when they start fighting over sharing

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

ladron posted:

give them a new controller to beat each other to death with when they start fighting over sharing

Very likely scenario, but luckily I don't even live in the same country, so I won't be the one breaking up the fights.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I work on the deli department in a supermarket, which is next to our salad bar. One night a customer asked if we had any more sweetcorn, so I went to grab a new tin since we have a shared chiller. His little girl seemed very excited about this and was talking about how they were going to be the first people to get the new sweetcorn, and she told her dad not to get too tense. It was the most :3: inducing thing.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

One of my students today told me that her younger sister refers to me as "the happy emoji" and that is honestly the nicest compliment.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I got a call on Sunday. My three year old nephew was like "I saw a triceratops. I saw a dinosaur. I saw a spinosaurus. I'm dinosaur crazy. There's Mommy. I saw indominus rex. I saw a raptor. I'm dinosaur crazy. They have eyes. I see Daddy."

After about ten minutes, I hear "After while crocodile" and he hangs up.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
At dinner tonight my cousin told us how her boyfriend's kid called her to say, 'guess what? Snowflake (her cat) is in my closet. He's gonna go to the North Pole and talk to Santa, guess why? He's gonna tell Santa how I ate eleven bites of my yogurt!'

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I had a paint roller rod in hand and did my best Gandalf impression to my three your old son.

As we're getting him ready for bed, he puts his magic markers together end to end, taps them on the ground and says as gruffly as he can, "Don't cross!"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Not mine, but a friend who teaches in Korea still. He taught his middle school students about storyboarding, IIRC.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Replace Superman with Stardust the Super Wizard and this doesn't even raise any eyebrows.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Fantomah would have just turned him into a dick.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
"After coming out her house, there were 3 people."

I'm dying

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I'm exaggerating a bit here, but that Superman script is more compelling than most of the recent DC movies. I would watch the poo poo out of Superman cutting off someone's dick.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Not mine, but a friend who teaches in Korea still. He taught his middle school students about storyboarding, IIRC.

Lol this owns

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

FELD1 posted:

I'm exaggerating a bit here, but that Superman script is more compelling than most of the recent DC movies. I would watch the poo poo out of Superman cutting off someone's dick.
Superman, by Lars von Trier.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FELD1 posted:

That’s weird. You are weird

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I was playing hockey with my 8yr old (as any good Canadian Father should) and he made up a joke:

8: What do hockey players like about magicians?
Me: I don't know...
8: Hat tricks!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

drat that's really good lol

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

My kiddo Nova has recently been calling me "Real person Dad" and telling is "Paw Patrol is for God" and won't let us watch it together.

As far as I know I've always been a real person but maybe she knows something I don't.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

TKIY posted:

I was playing hockey with my 8yr old (as any good Canadian Father should) and he made up a joke:

Hahahahaha

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

TKIY posted:

Your son is destined to be a comedian.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Taeke posted:

Your son is destined to be a comedian.

Let's not say things we can't take back :ohdear:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

My son after getting a Buzz Lightyear action figure:

"Go Buzz Lesbeen!"

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
My son has been telling the family that him and his sister are "toy rich" now.

kbdragon
Jun 23, 2012
3 yr old son on Christmas morning, opens an Etch-a-Sketch: “How turn on?”

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
"One time a missile came out and hit the German army. Some sharks came out. A few of their guys were killed."

Never forget.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Some quotes from the kids at the new years party:

- "if we make less noise, can we still wrestle?"

(after 2 separate hrs of shooting off bottle rockets & jumping jacks)
- "oh wow we have so many bombs, we can shoot for like 5 hours! yay!"
*10 secs*
- "lets go inside, also when is dessert?"

also all grownups got a nickname: "baldy", "silly", "glassy" (glasses), "chubby" (ehh alright this once), "browny" (:wth:... great opportunity for having that talk i guess)

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Powaqoatse posted:

"browny" (:wth:... great opportunity for having that talk i guess)

My son got some dollar store ninja toys for christmas and two of them are solid black plastic and two are solid red.

We were in a drive through being served by a black guy and my son was playing ninjas in the back and yelled "get down black man!"

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I was talking to my son tonight and he told me he was happy for the long weekend and I asked if he knew why it was a long weekend and he said "yeah, its martin luther king junior day." I asked him if he knew why mlk jr gets a day to honor him and he said "yeah, he stopped bad things from happening to brown people." "What kind of things?" I asked.

He goes "Brown people had to use old rusty stuff and white people had new stuff!"

I cannot wait until he moves out of South Carolina...

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I don’t know how old your son is, but I don’t think that’s just a South Carolina thing. I think that’s just how they teach the civil rights movement to younger kids who may not be ready to hear about the truly horrific stuff yet. I grew up in Massachusetts and I remember learning about separate water fountains and having to sit in the back of the bus years before I learned about lynchings and the KKK and poo poo.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

My friend studies degus, and recently did an exhibit about them at a children's museum:

quote:

Best exchange was:

Kid: What happens if the moms poop on the babies?
Me: The moms don't poop on the babies, they poop outside of the burrow.
Kid: But what if the moms "accidentally" poop on the babies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Trying to read a story to a kindergarten class when, out of nowhere:

GIRL: "Hey um...my daddy is from France? And he speaks French? And, um, his mommy is almost dead."

All I could think of in the moment was to say, "Oh, well, it happens." :stare: