Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

a ferrari is a passonate woman

sometimes she loves you

sometimes she burns you

and sometimes she throws you away

:italy:FORZA FERRARI:italy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GramCracker posted:

On the contrary the Brits should pay people to design normal teeth for them

We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Britain has the best "cottage" automotive industry in the world, IMO.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
You could make this in Britain:

...and it would be legal as long as it has turn signals and headlights.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

You could make this in Britain:

...and it would be legal as long as it has turn signals and headlights.

Yeah, though to be fair all you can do on the streets is sit in traffic with it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The current McLaren livery is bad because of the design, not the color. The color is way better than papaya orange.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-SCL2-81736

If we had a secret santa I know what I'd send as a gift.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

The color is way better than papaya orange.

No it isn't.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I think my 2nd most anticipated reveal (besides Kubica as Williams #1) is the 2018 McLaren livery.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ah yes, McLaren's current shade of orange makes me nostalgic for the year 2002, when the Arrows team was tearing up the grid.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The current team has zero loving relation to the Bruce McLaren era and I don't get this huge nostalgia for a color that nobody in that organisation had anything to do with.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Papaya orange sucks dick.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bring back Marlboro red/white and not have the car look like a giant fag pack.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

The current team has zero loving relation to the Bruce McLaren era and I don't get this huge nostalgia for a color that nobody in that organisation had anything to do with.

The all black livery from last year was way better.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ugh, I thought you were going to exhibit a good opinion for once. The Marlboro livery is god awful. It aged very poorly and people only like it because of nostalgia.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

1500quidporsche posted:

Bring back Marlboro red/white and not have the car look like a giant fag pack.

Nobody make a joke about this, I will hunt you down.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

a ferrari is a passonate woman

sometimes she loves you

sometimes she burns you

and sometimes she throws you away

:italy:FORZA FERRARI:italy:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

Ugh, I thought you were going to exhibit a good opinion for once. The Marlboro livery is god awful. It aged very poorly and people only like it because of nostalgia.

The Marlboro logo has been in use for like 69 years and still looks like a masterpiece of design that hasn't needed to be updated once.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

NBC F1 coverage talk: Ford commercials are way better than Chevy commercials

I'm a real person and wow this chevy malibu might as well be an audi!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

There's actual ties between the current team and that color and it was their most successful livery and era.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Marlboro logo has been in use for like 69 years and still looks like a masterpiece of design that hasn't needed to be updated once.

Yeah, on a cigarette pack. It sucks as a race car livery.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

There's actual ties between the current team and that color and it was their most successful livery and era.

It looks bad and represents a company bankrolling a direct rival.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

I haven't seen an improvement on it. Even the West livery looked odd with the ugly silver oval on the sidepods.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I do agree that McLaren should not use a copy of it now though, for the same reason that the faux-JPS liveries rubbed me the wrong way. Create history by making a new classic livery.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I haven't seen an improvement on it. Even the West livery looked odd with the ugly silver oval on the sidepods.

Getting shot is worse than getting stabbed, doesn’t mean I’m gonna go out of my way to get stabbed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Whitey Ford posted:

it's disappointing that other cancerous industries haven't yet had their turn as title sponsors in F1

Williams Farmville Racing
Scuderia Ferrari Bejweled S.p.A.
McLaren Angry Birds Renault

Paddy Power Williams Racing
Scuderia Betfair Ferrari S.p.A.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

The current McLaren livery is bad because of the design, not the color. The color is way better than papaya orange.

Ehhh you're wrong about the orange

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm a real person and wow this chevy malibu might as well be an audi!

As someone who’s had the misfortune of renting a Malibu, I lol heartily at this part all the time.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

It's good.Basic but good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I do agree that McLaren should not use a copy of it now though, for the same reason that the faux-JPS liveries rubbed me the wrong way. Create history by making a new classic livery.

That would be my preference and if the black livery won anything it probably would've done that, but if they're obsessed with nostalgia I'd rather see a modern take on the Marlboro colors.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'd take an all black McLaren though as long it was black and not charcoal grey.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Going back to this, though: the current orange is the orange they use on their road cars, not the original (bad) papaya orange.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'd take an all black McLaren though as long it was black and not charcoal grey.

All black car with orange numbers, everyone wins.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

All black car with orange numbers, everyone wins.

:barf:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah gently caress off with the all black

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It sprays candy out of the exhaust and the engine note sounds like Monster Mash.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

It sprays candy out of the exhaust and the engine note sounds like Monster Mash.

Enough about your rear end in a top hat tho

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're not getting honda money anymore, they need a new source of revenue. Sell chunks of space on the livery 1 square inch at a time to anybody with $100.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

They're not getting honda money anymore, they need a new source of revenue. Sell chunks of space on the livery 1 square inch at a time to anybody with $100.

Don't do this, I need to eat

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Powershift posted:

Lol like the UPS Ferrari dickbutt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

• Locked thread