Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
The coaching search has cost Tennessee over $13 million (plus possible lawsuit from Sunday), and they still haven’t made a hire

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/1/16720564/tennessee-coach-search-john-currie-fired

Tennessee again is a household name, just for all the wrong reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The "Dilly Dilly" in the corner takes this from :aaa: to :aaaaa:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
https://twitter.com/jimmyhyams/status/936634063028408322

https://twitter.com/lane_kiffin/status/936616590975565824

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Five hours ago I was so loving stoked about Mile Leach being the coach

:smithicide:

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > The Football Funhouse > 2017 NCAA Coaching Chaos: Orange is the new Browns

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Are you a bad enough dude to coach the Tennessee Volunteers football team?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Word is that currie vanished completely last night trying to land Leech and save his job. The whole thing was off the reservation.

Currie is a haslam guy and Fulmer is very much not. There is a booster revolt currently in process and it may work.

As hosed up as this has all been, it needed to happen for any chance of restoring the program.

You can tell there are competing factions at war with all the media reports, counter reports, misses, etc. Sources on different sides of this thing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Craig K posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > The Football Funhouse > 2017 NCAA Coaching Chaos: Orange is the new Browns

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how does this keep getting more insane

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
That said didn’t I hear that Fulmer was behind the NC State guy? That is a bad sign.

I’ll give Currier credit if he went rogue to get Leach.

Edit: wtf

https://twitter.com/danharralson/status/936636414875328514

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 1, 2017

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Craig K posted:

:vince:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Someone tell Haslam he's a loving moron already

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Now that it's December, it really is the most wonderful time of the year :allears:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Someone tell Haslam he's a loving moron already

Federal prosecutors are literally on the case I'm told.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, while Tennessee is a tire fire that's reaching the stratosphere, let's check some of the other "HOLY poo poo WHAT :psyduck:" things that are slipping under the radar.

Namely Herm Edwards to ASU and all but certain Fisher to A&M.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I forgot other coaching vacancies even existed. Chip Kelly to UCLA seems like it occurred 3 years ago.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

all but certain Fisher to A&M.

We went over it a while back but I've forgotten. Who do we think FSU would target if they can't get Taggart?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

OBC

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

We went over it a while back but I've forgotten. Who do we think FSU would target if they can't get Taggart?

There was some scuttlebutt about taking Sumlin in what would have effectively been a swap, but that seems to have vanished.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Oklahoma State: Mike Gundy’s compensation is on the agenda for today’s board of regents meeting, according to the Tulsa World. Gundy signed a 5-year extension worth $22.25 million and an automatic rollover this past summer.

Montana: Bobby Hauck has formally been announced as the new head coach and will work under a 3-year contract taking him through the 2020 season. Hauck went 80-17 in his first stint leading the Montana program from 2003-2009.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Kinda incredible that Tennessee is such a shitshow that we're not all sitting around pointing and laughing at ASU.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sent from my iPad posted:

Kinda incredible that Tennessee is such a shitshow that we're not all sitting around pointing and laughing at ASU.

good year to be incompetent

No one will notice

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
I thought no one would ever gently caress up a coaching search as bad as Bill Martin did, but boy howdy! Thanks Tennessee!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Ehud posted:

good year to be incompetent

No one will notice

i don't know which is more of a shitshow: the wh or tennessee

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/utknoxvillenews/status/936625742678544384

Probably just to talk about the firing of Currie

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

nate fisher posted:

That said didn’t I hear that Fulmer was behind the NC State guy? That is a bad sign.

I’ll give Currier credit if he went rogue to get Leach.

Edit: wtf

https://twitter.com/danharralson/status/936636414875328514

Lol. Leaks on leaks from both sides trying to poison the well against the other. I hope all the talking heads that blamed Vol fans for being upset at their coaching choice feel mad loving stupid right now. The fans are clearly not the problem.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/_david_saunders/status/936639628018413570

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Uhhh doesn't this mean Tennessee needs to get a new AD before they can hire a new coach?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Ehud posted:

You need somebody really trashy who no one will touch right now

Art Briles?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

Uhhh doesn't this mean Tennessee needs to get a new AD before they can hire a new coach?

pretty much, yeah

You CAN try to hire a coach before an AD but it's a giant red flag to the coaching candidates

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Pakled posted:

Of course not

DJExile posted:

pretty much, yeah

You CAN try to hire a coach before an AD but it's a giant red flag to the coaching candidates

The red flag is flying high regardless

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lol. Leaks on leaks from both sides trying to poison the well against the other. I hope all the talking heads that blamed Vol fans for being upset at their coaching choice feel mad loving stupid right now. The fans are clearly not the problem.

Talking heads are incapable of shame, reflection.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
New rumor - Currie to Washington State as AD. He use to work at KSU under the current WSU president, and they are looking for an AD.

Pakled posted:

Nah. Fulmer will be the one doing the hiring.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 1, 2017

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/936645194602164225

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
loving hire me tennessee

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

loving hire me tennessee

:same:

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
Imagine a year where the poo poo going on at FSU is a barely-remembered b-story.

How long is Hugh Freeze show-caused for now? UT might as well take a flyer on him now.

Also
:five:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

dude you need a college degree first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Achernar posted:

How long is Hugh Freeze show-caused for now? UT might as well take a flyer on him now

it's more than 12 hours

• Locked thread