Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

An entirely see-through acrylic car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm the airbags.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wasn't one of the Marlboro sponsored teams white and yellow? That'd be some good livery colors.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If Kimoa is their title sponsor, it's gotta be the rainbow of their sunglasses.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

Wasn't one of the Marlboro sponsored teams white and yellow? That'd be some good livery colors.

They used a white and yellow car for Rosberg for Marlboro Lights in one race. It looked bad. Yellow and white is a bad color combo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I want KIMOA McLaren gear even though McLaren is going to suck hot farts again in 2018

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

I want KIMOA McLaren gear even though McLaren is going to suck hot farts again in 2018

Suck hot farts in the intakes to provide air for the Powerful Renault Engine

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

Suck hot farts in the intakes to provide air for the Powerful Renault Engine

Your meltdown is going to be loving glorious

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They used a white and yellow car for Rosberg for Marlboro Lights in one race. It looked bad. Yellow and white is a bad color combo.

Yeah I think it was Portugal '86.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yellow and white is a bad color combo.

:thunk:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M6JmB-afCw

Which McLaren driver has won the most for the team?

ALONSO: *looks around* "not us"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oh drat, I never realized they meant Nico Rosberg.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Marlboro Alfas ran a more orange-red which didn't look too bad.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The Marlboro barcode owns

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
White and yellow does look pretty bad. However, throw some black in....

M191B

M192. I've always loved the nose on this car. Bonus if you can guess which driver.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 1, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Human Grand Prix posted:

The Marlboro Alfas ran a more orange-red which didn't look too bad.

They did the same thing when they did "WE'RE TOTALLY NOT SPONSORING PENSKE, HONEST" at the tail end of tobacco's involvement in US motorsports:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Stop posting poo poo Indy Cars that aren't the Kool Green Dario Franchitti cars you shitlords.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Perhaps it is you who is the shitlord

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Yellow and white can work when outlined with black like that, or like on the old Renaults. Yellow and white with nothing separating them looks like rear end. see:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ericsson and Wehrlein's cars for next year have been revealed.

https://i.imgur.com/WOP509s.jpg

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Gigi Galli posted:

Paddy Power Williams Racing
Scuderia Betfair Ferrari S.p.A.
Those of you in The EU (including Britain) probably don't appreciate how weird it is as an American to see Euro TV channels where every single ad is a mobile phone gambling service. Is there nothing else generating money in the economy over there? Have you no shame? We discourage vices like that over here

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Those of you in The EU (including Britain) probably don't appreciate how weird it is as an American to see Euro TV channels where every single ad is a mobile phone gambling service. Is there nothing else generating money in the economy over there? Have you no shame? We discourage vices like that over here

To be fair it seems to be less damage to their economy and society than pharmaceutical drug advertising does to yours.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

We have different ways of gouging the poor. Turn on FOX and check out all those reverese mortgage commercials.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

At least you guys are spared the Canadian broadcast, nearly 100% Acura/infiniti commercials on repeat.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Apropos of nothing, I would like to wish this thread a happy World AIDS Day.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Oh poo poo it's DoctorGonzos birthday?!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I should also mention that a bunch of you foreign dudes should figure out how to pirate TSN from Canada for the next 8 days, because the Roar of the Rings is on and it's gonna be a straight up beat down brawl from start to finish. I'm betting it's going to be Homan on the women's side, and Gushue on the men's.

Going to be easily 10 times more exciting than F1 in Abu Dhabi

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

At least you guys are spared the Canadian broadcast, nearly 100% Acura/infiniti commercials on repeat.

You forgot the CIBC Penguin

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Powershift posted:

I should also mention that a bunch of you foreign dudes should figure out how to pirate TSN from Canada for the next 8 days, because the Roar of the Rings is on and it's gonna be a straight up beat down brawl from start to finish. I'm betting it's going to be Homan on the women's side, and Gushue on the men's.

This is true. If you haven't tuned in to see some attractive ladies sweeping and yelling "Hard! Hard!" then just lol at your life choices.

Also, an all-black F1 car sounds good in theory, but in practice is a visual black hole and not fun to look at.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Powershift posted:

For Americans, WatchESPN will be showing it. I'm excited.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

poty posted:

Congratulations to Felipe Massa in this very special day for him

I wondered what this post was about this morning.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sorry I ever doubted you poty

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Lots of bad opinions on the Marlboro livery itt

Norns posted:

Perhaps it is you who is the shitlord

F1 2018: Perhaps it is you who is the shitlord

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Powershift posted:

That’s not an exclusive list.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked Motorsport Magazine running an online article about "Classic Abu Dhabi Grands Prix" that was literally like three paragraphs long

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Powershift posted:

Ericsson and Wehrlein's cars for next year have been revealed.

https://i.imgur.com/WOP509s.jpg

Those aren't garbage trucks

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Those aren't garbage trucks

You're mistaken, they drove garbage trucks this year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sauber is going to be decent next season. Haas will be 10th and leave the sport in a couple years.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

I have a lot of data now...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IMO the best way to do it is the number of GP and WDC wins represented on the grid. IIRC in 1994 after Senna died there were like 10 GP victories represented on the entire grid or something ridiculous like that.

1994 Monaco GP, former winners:

Michael Schumacher (5 wins)
Gerhard Berger (8 wins)
Michele Alboreto (5 wins)
Damon Hill (3 wins)

so 21 GP wins represented on the entire grid. Not even two seasons worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

iospace posted:

They did the same thing when they did "WE'RE TOTALLY NOT SPONSORING PENSKE, HONEST" at the tail end of tobacco's involvement in US motorsports:

Indy Car - Penske + Awesome=

• Locked thread