Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

It's good that Flynn has flipped and all, but this is kind of a shame.

That kid could use a good prosecution.

after this is over odds are near 100% he'll run afoul of some law or another in short order. If this is the price paid for mike and the giant bitch's departure I'm okay with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What's the story behind his kid?

Flynn Jr. was working directly with his dad on all his Turkey related poo poo and was a part of the plot to kidnap Gulen and smuggle him to Turkey so Erdogan could execute him.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
As in literal vermin, not metaphorically speaking!

http://www.newsweek.com/white-house-has-roach-mice-infestation-showing-trump-might-be-right-about-it-727758

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

FizFashizzle posted:

No. This is past that.

Yeah, if Flynn can finger Trump and Pence, Hello President Ryan

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Flynn Jr. was working directly with his dad on all his Turkey related poo poo and was a part of the plot to kidnap Gulen and smuggle him to Turkey so Erdogan could execute him.

He was also big into promoting Pizzagate as I recall.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
President Ryan signing Tax Cuts he designed into law is going to be a hell of a trip next month

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I mean, I want Vermin in the White House

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/gaywonk/status/936643372709830656

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ty Cobb looking good at 130 years old

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
"im not owned! im not owned!!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and hire Ty Cobb

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Ty Cobb looking good at 130 years old

Trump having a man named Ty Cobb as one of his main lawyers during this whole thing has been something I constantly smirk about.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This sounds like a big deal, but I admit I am a simple minded man who gets amazed by a lot

-Donald Trump

I juat double-checked and I have two bottles of beer with corks in so I have something to pop when Fat Idiot is charged.

I'll save the other for New Years.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
If trump goes down do white rednecks riot?

I just want to see a few applebees burn down.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Chromatic posted:

If trump goes down do white rednecks riot?

I just want to see a few applebees burn down.

motherfucker applebees is giving out basically free booze you take that the gently caress back

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Between Tennessee and Flynn, today is a good day for schadenfreude

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m at el gymo squatting and my lower back is so pumped and cramped up I want to cry fellas

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m at el gymo squatting and my lower back is so pumped and cramped up I want to cry fellas

Same, except that was yesterday

My trainer is an rear end in a top hat sometimes (but in a good way, no way would I have had the discipline to do all of this poo poo on my own)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hey I don't pay attention to college ball, could someone also explain what the bruhaha was with Schiano?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hey I don't pay attention to college ball, could someone also explain what the bruhaha was with Schiano?

Tennessee was gonna hire Schiano, someone leaked it out to the press ahead of time, the entire Tennessee fanbase said "what the gently caress are you morons doing he covered up for Sandusky" and Tennessee freaked out and cancelled the hiring

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

motherfucker applebees is giving out basically free booze you take that the gently caress back

Oh

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:hellyeah:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

So, in addition to being a grade A rear end in a top hat, and an absolute failure as a HC in the NFL, he was also a very mediocre coach in college. He was at Rutgers for a decade while they were in the Big East and only won 10 games once and only finished a season ranked once. So he is just a mediocre rear end coach, who isn't inspiring, has no connections to the university, and is an rear end in a top hat

Oh, and when he was at Penn State, he knew about Sandusky raping kids but didn't say anything.

Turns out that the fan base wasn't happy with that coaching pick, after they had spent a month expecting Gruden to descend from heaven ESPN and return them to glory

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blake farehntold settled a sexual harassment claim which is the least surprising thing in the world.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

To futher Alaois some national writers are fed by Schinao's agent, and feel obligated to defend him because "Tennesee fans are making a big deal out of hearsay!" Oh and also so the agent will keep giving them scoops of course.

Which, to be fair, Tennessee fans were. They also didn't want to hire a mediocre at best coach who's been an rear end in a top hat at every single place he's been to the point where he alienated everyone, so...

Jimmy Haslam is the guy who wanted Schiano at UT, John Currie is his lapdog and is about to get fired. Because Philip Fulmer has been undermining him every step of the way. So much has happened in that search since Sunday. And absolutely everyone involved is some varying degree of scum.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Hey guys just a reminder that Colorado is the best state in America and fort Collins is the best town in that state

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

To futher Alaois some national writers are fed by Schinao's agent, and feel obligated to defend him because "Tennesee fans are making a big deal out of hearsay!" Oh and also so the agent will keep giving them scoops of course.

Which, to be fair, Tennessee fans were. They also didn't want to hire a mediocre at best coach who's been an rear end in a top hat at every single place he's been to the point where he alienated everyone, so...

Jimmy Haslam is the guy who wanted Schiano at UT, John Currie is his lapdog and is about to get fired. Because Philip Fulmer has been undermining him every step of the way. So much has happened in that search since Sunday. And absolutely everyone involved is some varying degree of scum.

Yeah, I saw the defenders of hiring him being: It's hearsay and Clay Travis is pushing this, and he's awful, and all I can think is... and? two things can be awful.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm like 10 in bc i didnt want to judge early. The writing isnt like super high quality, but the character has always been "what if Batman was allowed to slaughter everyone?" It's perfectly true to the spirit of Frank Castle. Shane from TWD is like, perfect casting

The hand to hand scene with that director dude he kills is perfect. Homeboy is well trained, even against a clearly over skilled dude like Castle he’d still put some hurt on him, so i automatically like movies that add that, versus an unstoppable dude who is never even touched

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

God damnit Democrats, how are you so bad at this?

https://twitter.com/SenateDems/status/936285550323159042

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Punisher was kinda slow but it was never bad and the last few episodes were great. I read the TV Ivy thread and apparently I'm the only one who thinks Madani and Stein and her Orville Redenbacher-esque boss were kinda weak. Like she was really stiff and unemotional throughout and it never felt like her and Stein had the kind of buddy cop relationship I think the show was trying to push for.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bye Jared

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/936662130375450625?s=17

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok so the deal with Flynn is, as expected: he gets a plea deal and probably immunity from any additional charges. He's pleading guilty to lying to the FBI which is bad but is gonna carry way less of a sentence then the piles of other charges he could have been hit with.

So far what we've heard is that in exchange he's willing to testify that Trump told him to "contact the russians." That, on it's own, is not proof of a crime: it was never illegal for Trump or members of his campaign to simply speak to Russians, or even members of the Russian government. What is illegal is "collusion" - soliciting or accepting support from the Russians. This is illegal because a candidate is presumed to be exchanging help during a campaign from a foreign power, for favoritism towards that power once elected.

This is why that one meeting is such a big deal: even if the Russians did not ever have dirt on Clinton, the fact several members of Trump's campaign met that lady with the hope and understanding that they were going to receive dirt on Hillary is evidence that they intended to accept material assistance from the Russian government or its representatives or agents.

So, one thing that Flynn could in theory testify to is that Trump himself told them to take that meeting specifically to try and get dirt on Hillary. If he testified that, that would be proof of intentional collusion by Trump. Even though as it turned out, the Russian lady just wanted to talk about orphans and dangled the Hillary dirt thing as bait.

As an aside, that is a classic Russian intelligence move. It's intended to identify who is going to be a "useful idiot" - figure out and profile people of significance who will bite when you offer them something small, not super illegal, just sort of marginally illegal maybe, and still have plausible deniability ("oh it was just a misunderstanding we were never actually offering illegally obtained emails" blah blah). The fact various Trump campaign members bit is proof not just that they had no problem and were in fact eager to collude with the Russians: it's also proof that they are loving idiots who have zero understanding of how the Russians operate, or that if they'd actually gotten Clinton dirt in that meeting they'd have been compromised and the Russians would then have leverage over them ("give us this information we want or we'll leak this proof that you committed a crime").

Alright. So what beyond that public statement by Flynn that he's going to testify that Trump ordered him to "contact russians" is going on? Well, Mueller's MO is to proceed very deliberately and carefully but he always tries to get the biggest fish he can. He would love to bring charges against everyone in the administration if he can substantiate them with lots of hard evidence. However, we all need to keep in mind that he cannot charge the sitting president (or vice president) with crimes: that is unequivocally the role of the House of Representatives. All he can do is build an ironclad case of crimes (most likely collusion and obstruction of justice related to that collusion) and then present them in a report.

And the House of Representatives is fully capable of attacking Mueller and waffling on everything if the Republicans feel that's in their best interests. They will not bring charges unless it's clear that failing to do so costs them more than doing so: e.g., they will fail to be reelected en masse if they refuse, while if they proceed they are at less risk of getting primaried and/or beaten.

This is my understanding and take. The Flynn flipping thing is a big deal, but also totally expected, and absolutely does not mean that the President is going to jail, or even is going to lose his job, for sure.

e. Oh and yeah Kushner is not protected and could totally be charged and prosecuted. Of course the President could pardon him of any Federal crimes, but pardoning someone before they testify in order to prevent them from testifying against you is probably Obstruction of Justice; at some point the President could face impeachment over using his pardon power to try to hide his own "high crimes and misdemeanors." Just remember that "high crimes and misdemeanors" really just means whatever Congress wants it to mean.

And, Trump is going to go absolutely apeshit if Kushner is charged. I really have no idea what he'll do.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 1, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is getting slammed in the reviews. I loved the first game but apparently this one is creepy as poo poo, tedious/unfun to play and the plot is really lovely.

It's also anime as gently caress which is another :chloe: for me.

Glad I waited for the reviews.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I....have seen nothing but good reviews.

Also every game in that series is anime as gently caress.

It's an anime series.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

On the bright side, the press conference the GOP senators hold after passing the tax bill ought to be wonderfully awkward

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Jimbo Fisher to A&M is official

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21631488/jimbo-fisher-leaving-florida-state-accept-coaching-job-texas-am

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Donnie's been leaving buckets of chicken lying around.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I....have seen nothing but good reviews.

Also every game in that series is anime as gently caress.

It's an anime series.

https://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronicles-2-the-kotaku-review-1820903229

quote:

Inelegant and tedious, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the anti-Nintendo game. In a year full of triumphs for the spunky Switch, this massive role-playing game is a disappointment.

As the game goes on, cracks start to show. Xenoblade 2 will barrage you with combat tutorials full of proper nouns, telling you how to perform Driver Combos, Elemental Combos, and Fusion Combos, among many of the game’s other confusingly named mechanics. Most of the tutorials are explained poorly, and if you don’t immediately grasp what they’re trying to tell you, you’re screwed, because there’s no way to revisit them. Learning how the battle system actually works requires lots of experimentation or, more likely, a good online YouTube tutorial. You have to select the right attacks at the right time in the right order, and if you get them correct, you can do a lot of extra damage to enemies. It’s chaotic and messy, sometimes satisfying, but often repetitive, because every battle takes way too long.

Xenoblade 2, in contrast, is a mess. It constantly introduces new ideas, never stopping to let you breathe or sort through the chaos. Combat is a blur of nouns, colors, and bad camera angles. It may be a Switch exclusive, but it’s the antithesis of Nintendo’s classic design principles.

The moment-to-moment dialogue never gets better, though. And it’s hard to take emotional cutscenes seriously when the camera spends so much time leering at the game’s various scantily clad women.

Xenoblade 2 consistently displays a frustrating lack of respect for the player’s time. Everything takes significantly longer than it needs to, in part because the game contains such an overwhelming number of features. It can take dozens of minutes to navigate the clunky menus, sort through all of the characters’ upgrades, and manage a collection of Pokémon-like Blades. The mini-map is vague and often feels like it’s withholding information. There are no larger maps to be found, so you’ll have to rely upon UI markers to figure out where you need to go.

The best complicated RPGs, like Baldur’s Gate or Final Fantasy Tactics, work because they are constantly letting players make interesting decisions. Xenoblade 2 is similarly dense and complex, but most of the decisions it asks you to make simply aren’t interesting. That’s both because it’s so bad at explaining itself and because the choices themselves just aren’t very good.

The deeper the game goes, the more tedious it becomes. There are core crystals out in the wild, each one corresponding to a new Blade that you can summon, but when you go to the menu and choose to “bond” a core crystal with a character, you’ll have to sit through a long animation, only half of which can be skipped. I found myself hoarding dozens of those crystals, hesitant to crack them open because the process just took too long. (Plus, in a move reminiscent of vanilla Destiny, Xenoblade 2’s “rare” core crystals will often drop common-tier Blades.)

Some of the problems I’ve outlined are substantial; others are trivial. Taken together, they make for an RPG that frustrates far more often than it delights.

The scantily clad anime women is really uncomfortable too. I don't wanna feel like Roy Moore while I play a video game. I'd link the images from the reviews but they gross me out and make me feel like a pervert.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/GenFlynn/status/434517886124949504

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

It's a big deal if Flynn can tie the orders to, essentially, commit some treason to Trump or Pence, which does not look out of the realm of possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

axeil posted:

https://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronicles-2-the-kotaku-review-1820903229

The scantily clad anime women is really uncomfortable too. I don't wanna feel like Roy Moore while I play a video game. I'd link the images from the reviews but they gross me out and make me feel like a pervert.

Didn't stop you from playing the first one.

Also don't listen to Kotaku. That same guy hated the first one too.

• Locked thread