Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

Battlefield 1 is rapidly approaching my "might as well" price, is it any good? I really liked BF3/4 and BC2, and it seems like the level of weapon technology would make it more like BC2 in general.

I bought the Goty version or whatever it's called for $40 and thought it was really good. Really fun campaign, stunning graphics, brutal shooting. I really liked the MP for about 20 hours and never played it again though. Which is weird because I probably put 400 hours each into BC2 and BF4, maybe more. Not sure if it was the game or that I just don't have the energy to put into Battlefield that I used to.Either way I felt like I got moneys worth. it's nothing like BC2 though.

My biggest complaint about BF1 is that it felt borderline impossible to have any fun playing solo. If I was playing with a full squad of goons it was a blast but it's just pure misery playing alone with pubs. I felt like in BC2/3/4 I could just go off and do my own thing if I didn't have anyone play with but in BF1 I just felt like cannon fodder.

Edit: It'a also the campiest shooter I have ever played in my life. The amount of snipers and dickwads hiding out in towers is super egregious.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

BF1 is ok but there's really no reason to play it when there's Titanfall 2 :awesome:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eh. I wouldn't say that at all. Apples and oranges. I heavily prefer TF2, but Battlefield 1 does what it does well. There's no comparison to be made because they have nothing in common aside from shooting guns in first person.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

TF2 is great but BF1 scratches a different itch. BF1 has that feeling on a 64 player server of pushing to points and dying horribly and TF2 gives you that superhuman feel while wallrunning, shooting someone and then dropping a titan on top of another. TF2 has a higher chance of being enjoyable alone while in BF1 winning a conquest or operations map by a hair feels loving awesome.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Devolver is at it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXQ0chPzJ_k

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This looks fuckin ace.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Huh. Gives me some weird Secret of Evermore vibes.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This looks amazing to be honest.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Well, just finished Persona 5, timer says 150 hours. Hell of a ride; so many moments I wish I could've taken screenshots of! (but mostly just the giant penis chariot :getin:)

The last year has been legendary for JRPGs.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Resogun is only 3.70 on PSN Germany. I want to get it but don't have enough credit. Is there a safe way to add 5€? I don't want to add 20 or more and I don't want to link my credit card details to my console either.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hopper posted:

Resogun is only 3.70 on PSN Germany. I want to get it but don't have enough credit. Is there a safe way to add 5€? I don't want to add 20 or more and I don't want to link my credit card details to my console either.

Lowest available for US is $10, but amazon germany has 5 euro psn cards.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hopper posted:

Either delete your card after purchase, use PayPal or buy credit through Amazon.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Hopper posted:

I got this game for free via PS+. It's not that great, if that helps.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Lowest available for US is $10, but amazon germany has 5 euro psn cards.

Mind blown. Never saw below 20 in retail.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As someone who grew playing Final Fight and Streets of Rage games, is Mother Russia Bleeds worth 3.99€?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Well, just finished Persona 5, timer says 150 hours. Hell of a ride; so many moments I wish I could've taken screenshots of! (but mostly just the giant penis chariot :getin:)

The last year has been legendary for JRPGs.

you should look into other smt games if you liked the chariot because mara's been a mainstay in the series from day one

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also the “just the tip” thing has been in the series since at least 3.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Fuzz posted:

I got this game for free via PS+. It's not that great, if that helps.

Don't listen to this goon, resogun is great and the DLC is worth grabbing too if it's on sale, adds some really cool modes.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How poo poo is the ps+ worms game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not worms armageddon so pretty poo poo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Well piss

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also the “just the tip” thing has been in the series since at least 3.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My sunset orange dualshock just arrived and it looks lovely! :D

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Guillermus posted:

As someone who grew playing Final Fight and Streets of Rage games, is Mother Russia Bleeds worth 3.99€?

Yes. I appreciate a good beat-em-up and I was very happy with it. I felt the last boss was a little bit outside the genre (felt more like from a platformer or Contra) but that was my only major complaint.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

It amazes me that this got an American release.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
HZD Question: I'm lvl 11, Very Hard and the game is now telling me to clear out two lvl 15 'tainted zones'. I know "push to Meridian then go questing" was accepted goon knowledge but am I supposed to grind sidequests here or can I just got clear the zones? I don't want to get trapped in a "Checkpoint before a boss I am hopelessly underleveled for" situation

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bust Rodd posted:

HZD Question: I'm lvl 11, Very Hard and the game is now telling me to clear out two lvl 15 'tainted zones'. I know "push to Meridian then go questing" was accepted goon knowledge but am I supposed to grind sidequests here or can I just got clear the zones? I don't want to get trapped in a "Checkpoint before a boss I am hopelessly underleveled for" situation

All you have to do right now to progress is clear two corrupted zones. The "recommended level" requirements aren't strict like in other RPGs, rather they're more a statement of that quest's relative difficulty level. In general, main story missions in Horizon are way easier than all side content.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bust Rodd posted:

There should be enough stuff to do in the Embrace to get you to 15 easily. "Push to Meridian" only really applies once Meridian is accessible.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Digirat posted:

You don't have to be even close to perfect to stay in low chaos, it transitions to high chaos at about 20% of total guards killed and mission targets count for more so doing nonlethal objectives also helps. You can also escape very easily so just because you get seen doesn't mean you have to kill everyone. It is definitely a lot more fun if you don't reload all the time.

Dishonored 2 makes going for low chaos so much better, since it no longer feels like playing half of a game due to all the new nonlethal options and the new powers all having value for stealth and/or low chaos. So if you get seen you don't have to run away or use tranq bolts. In dishonored 1, windblast has no stealth value, possession has no combat value, and neither rat swarm nor adrenaline have nonlethal value

My problem is I try to use all the nonlethal options first and then wind up killing everybody anyway so I don't even get to enjoy the fun murdery stuff.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bust Rodd posted:

This is just my opinion, but you should just do whatever you want once you get the Carja bows. Meridian is where things open up, but it's not as much of a line in the sand as people make it out to be.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I didn't find meridian to be that important unless you want to continue with the main quest lines tbh. you can buy the equipment elsewhere and there are a ton of sidequests outside of that city. the big side thing it's good for is the vendors that trade things for collectibles

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The most important thing about Meridian is that all the purple tier weapons and outfits are available there and they have special traders for stuff like desert glass and machine parts. It also kicks off the two main storylines that have to be completed before the game can end, as well as the lengthy Hunter's Lodge plot. My first time through Horizon I just did everything I wanted on the road to Meridian, but it's not 100% essential that you rush to it or anything if you're enjoying everything along the way.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Its easy to get stuck in nora lands forever if you feel like you need to be a completionist but I think pushing people towards Meridian isn't the right move either. Basically do whatever you want, you won't get locked out of anything if you skip a sidequest but if if the game feels like a slog, you're sidequesting too much. Take a break from that and run the story missions for a bit.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

B-line to every Cauldron. Do poo poo on the way.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I did all but one cauldron after I'd basically beaten the entire game

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Played wrong.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hacking the robots was almost never useful to me

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

VideoGames posted:

My sunset orange dualshock just arrived and it looks lovely! :D

This is the one I want to replace the starting-to-fail black one that came with my Pro, but no word on a US release yet.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

There's a pretty cool free dynamic Rez Infinite theme up on PSN at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Yes. I appreciate a good beat-em-up and I was very happy with it. I felt the last boss was a little bit outside the genre (felt more like from a platformer or Contra) but that was my only major complaint.

Just beat it (I actually bought it 5 mins after posting). Is quite nice and replayed the last level for the good ending. That boss is more of a puzzle fight than a beat 'em up one but hey, is cool. This game makes up for a nice couch co-op game too.

I'd like to see more games like this on PS4. Double Dragon Neon is PS3 only and quite fun and the Streets of Rage trilogy would be nice too. PS4 lacks games of this genre.