Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Every time Trump calls her Pocahontas I think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXPQLXjC_KA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fulchrum posted:

So, if Alice joins the #MeToo movement, she'll shrink, which will allow the man under her to escape through the escape door.

I can't get any other possible interpretation out of this. WHy would you associate a movement that's supposed to be about empowering women with something in fiction well known for shrinking a woman? Did Toles confuse the potion for the cake that makes Alice grow, and not bother looking it up?

It looks like she drank the potion, which made her larger, and able to pin the man's coattails underneath her shoe so that he can't get away from her.
By joining #MeToo, she is now in a position of strength to force her assaulter to face the consequences of what was done.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

the_steve posted:

It looks like she drank the potion, which made her larger, and able to pin the man's coattails underneath her shoe so that he can't get away from her.
By joining #MeToo, she is now in a position of strength to force her assaulter to face the consequences of what was done.

Then why the hell is it the potion?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Because nobody remembers which thing alice ate made her bigger and which one made her smaller and no one gives a poo poo either.

If you asked me I'd have said it was pills both ways because of the Jefferson Airplane song

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I know oversized newspapers are politoon staple, but this is taking it to an absurd level.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sandpuppy posted:

She doesn't look too happy about having to pass that sign.

I love cartoons like this because they unintentionally show how lovely the cartoonists are. Who cares what a woman thinks or who she feels represents her more what’s important is that she make babies and that’s why we must vote someone who she feels is against her best interests

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Faustian Bargain posted:

:effort:

edit: someone with a twitter send this to branco tia

And done.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
:drat:

Faustian Bargain posted:

:effort:

edit: someone with a twitter send this to branco tia
I don't get it.

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

MelvinBison posted:

I don't get it.
Wouldn't you vote for your dad?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Square Peg posted:

Wouldn't you vote for your dad?

What does that have to do with- :aaaaa:
:smith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I can’t wait to see how the usual suspects spin Flynn pleading guilty to lying to the FBI about Russia while clearly taking some sort of plea deal to flip on others

They're already pointing to the immigrant getting a not guilty verdict at the same time as proof that the entire justice system is corrupt because of OBAMA.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

frankenfreak posted:

I know oversized newspapers are politoon staple, but this is taking it to an absurd level.

You're not a serious news reader unless your newspaper is four times as large as you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Alice is consuming a drink that she didn't order without knowing exactly what is in it, I think "#metoo" is a pretty reasonable label.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Republicans posted:

Every time Trump calls her Pocahontas I think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXPQLXjC_KA

Biff is literally Trump in that movie. It caught me off guard when I watched it recently because I hadn't seen it since I was a kid and didn't even know who trump was back then.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May's comments on Donald Trump – Theresa May has issued a carefully worded rebuke of Donald Trump for retweeting material from the ‘hateful’ far-right group Britain First, but stressed the importance of the special relationship between the US and the UK"

Telegraph:

Donald Trump’s 'working visit' to UK dropped as tensions with Theresa May grow over president's far-Right retweets

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Jeremy Corbyn tells Morgan Stanley: 'You're right, we are a threat' :getin: After M&C Saatchi.

Mail:
Mac on... Donald Trump's state visit

‘A tweet from the Queen, Sir. Outlining plans for your state visit. You fly to Stansted Airport, have a cup of tea and biscuit with her butler then fly home again.’

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

An old, white man considers himself the sole arbiter of who is guilty or not. AGC.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'd love to continue my Twitter fight with The Idiot McCoy but there's really nothing you can do with so many loving "a thing happened" comics

"I'm Uncle Sam and Michael Ramirez is a great big poopy doody head!" PULITZER PLEASE.

I feel like a foreign born person fighting on the side that hates foreign born people is somehow short sighted.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

For being from two days in the future, this seem's unfortunately timed.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trazz posted:

An old, white man considers himself the sole arbiter of who is guilty or not. AGC.
I love that Ramirez wrote "we the jury" for a guy standing very clearly by himself, and saw nothing wrong with it.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

The jury ruled it was an accident. The gun went off accidentally and the bullet even ricocheted before hitting her. But you know, throw out all the brown people anyway.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Like the whole reason the case fell apart was because the right wanted to make an example of the guy instead of pursuing charges based on what he actually did. San Francisco didn't screw it up the prosecution did.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Clearly the baby's a girl fishing for a date with Moore.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

.Edward Penischin posted:

The jury ruled it was an accident. The gun went off accidentally and the bullet even ricocheted before hitting her. But you know, throw out all the brown people anyway.

Also, the prosecution overreached trying to go for the murder charge. They might have been able to get him for manslaughter or negligent homicide, but they tried to push the "scary murderous immigrant" angle and the jury saw through it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well the last thing to touch the bullet before it hit the girl was the sidewalk. ipso facto the city itself is culpable

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Wait I remember those PSAs that side-mouth slurring means he's having a stroke someone call an ambulance.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

When I think of successful campaign posters, I immediately think of the "Tony Blair with scary eyes" poster.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Purgatory Glory posted:

Clearly the baby's a girl fishing for a date with Moore.

I figure if you change her shirt to “pro-life” and switch the signs it all works a bit better.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

rodbeard posted:

Like the whole reason the case fell apart was because the right wanted to make an example of the guy instead of pursuing charges based on what he actually did. San Francisco didn't screw it up the prosecution did.

I love how it seems everytime an artist has a poo poo opinion about something that someone in here knows enough to call it out. :allears:

Ramirez just straight up has a boner for prosecution.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
I think too that the gun belonged to a ranger who lost it 4 days beforehand, and who sometime afterward was even promoted. That might be the angle.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Cover up? I thought dude was fired?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
can't wait to see ramirez criticize this tax bill. he really hates debt so it should be an easy target

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Technowolf posted:

Longform comic: Mattie Parrigon on the "Congressional Accountability Act".
Preview:

Please repost directly to the "terrible graphs" thread in PYF.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Cover up? I thought dude was fired?

The people running the network almost certainly knew for years and did nothing.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Finally, the Prickly City/Mary Worth crossover I've always wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but that portrait of Andrew Jackson wasn't there before Trump. He ordered it hung. Something to bring up next time some inbred MAGA idiot suggests on Facebook that maybe Trump is just a little tone deaf.

• Locked thread