Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Due to a distraction by video games, I fell behind.

Allow me to sum up my thoughts:

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Me during and at the end of the episode:

At least I don't have to wait long for next ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

:f5:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's up by the way on Crunchy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Koiwai is the best bro.

e: holy poo poo JUST KISS ALREADY

iospace fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 1, 2017

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

super duper cute

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Kanbe's brain breaking in the parking lot was great.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Very cute :kimchi:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GAHHH I can't take it!

I am way too emotionally invested in this romance.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Moriko's different interpretation of the convenience store clerk's teasing made me sad

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

hiddenriverninja posted:

Moriko's different interpretation of the convenience store clerk's teasing made me sad

Cognitive fusion is a bitch.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh you adorable dorks. :kimchi:

hiddenriverninja posted:

Convenience store lady made me angry. Mind your own bloody business! :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

She probably just got as excited as everyone else about seeing them together.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I can't believe there's only one episode left. :negative:

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I feel a bit weird about thinking "Oh, thank god Morimori-chan is such a broken and awkward person, lest she instantly get creeped out and get a restraining order against Sakurai", and yet that's what this show makes me do.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I have to admit the present cultural moment gives me some pretty conflicted feelings on some big parts of the show.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

chumbler posted:

Yeah I have to admit the present cultural moment gives me some pretty conflicted feelings on some big parts of the show.

Why?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think it's much of a stretch to say a lot of what Koiwai does and probably some of what Sakurai does would qualify as harassment, and Moriko is a total doormat. But then if nobody ever pushed Moriko even a little bit she'd just stay in her room all day except for beer runs (which is why she is very easy to identify with, aside from the part where there are people interested in her.)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kytrarewn posted:

I feel a bit weird about thinking "Oh, thank god Morimori-chan is such a broken and awkward person, lest she instantly get creeped out and get a restraining order against Sakurai", and yet that's what this show makes me do.

It depends. I like how both men would have backed off if Mori was uninterested or just wanted to be friends. There's a fine line b/t I like this person, I want to know them better vs I stalk women on my weekends. I've had avg men who seemed stable who then get extremely bitter within a few days b/c they FELT like they were being ignored the escalate it.

Also, I completely understand why Mori would rather play male PC in MMOs.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Alder posted:

It depends. I like how both men would have backed off if Mori was uninterested or just wanted to be friends. There's a fine line b/t I like this person, I want to know them better vs I stalk women on my weekends. I've had avg men who seemed stable who then get extremely bitter within a few days b/c they FELT like they were being ignored the escalate it.

Also, I completely understand why Mori would rather play male PC in MMOs.

I'm not implying that Sakurai or Koiwai is a bad person. I'm just saying that it would be extremely easy for their actions to be misunderstood, looking at them from Moriko's perspective, and that if Moriko were less... humble(?), there's a pretty good chance that she'd run, not walk, away from both of them.

If she had any female friends with whom she had discussed the situation, similarly, this story could not happen.

So, yeah, I'm happy for her that she's found someone that WE know is a good person (because we've heard his internal monologue), but it still indicates a level of vulnerability and credulity on her part that I feel a bit uncomfortable celebrating.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Sakurai is in a weird situation because the show puts him in various positions that would be damning evidence IRL, but in this show we know are totally coincidental. Allowing for this incredible set of coincidences I think he behaves fine. I think.

Koiwai still bothers me and IRL his behaviour would be pretty bad but oh well.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kytrarewn posted:

I'm not implying that Sakurai or Koiwai is a bad person. I'm just saying that it would be extremely easy for their actions to be misunderstood, looking at them from Moriko's perspective, and that if Moriko were less... humble(?), there's a pretty good chance that she'd run, not walk, away from both of them.

If she had any female friends with whom she had discussed the situation, similarly, this story could not happen.

So, yeah, I'm happy for her that she's found someone that WE know is a good person (because we've heard his internal monologue), but it still indicates a level of vulnerability and credulity on her part that I feel a bit uncomfortable celebrating.

Sorry, I understand what you mean now. Yes, I would probably tell Mori to run away from both of them if she ever asked me about this situation.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Oh god, the way Morioka misinterpreted the convenience store manager's remark hits way too close to home. I can just feel the question Morioka has inside about Sakurai: "Why are you being nice to me?" because she can't see herself as being attractive to anyone else, or even likeable enough to really be their friend instead of an acquaintance. I just want to give her a hug. :smith:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Me at the start of the episode: Please tell me that's your own shower.

Me at the end: GODDAMNIT I KNEW IT

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

HenryEx posted:

Do other people shower after getting caught in the rain? I usually just dry off with a towel...

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

There Bias Two posted:

Do other people shower after getting caught in the rain? I usually just dry off with a towel...

Given the choice if I get soaked in a cold rain I like to take a warm bath or shower and crawl into bed. Also it looked like it's late winter in the show so it could have been within a few degrees of freezing.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

It's the only countermeasure the Japanese have against the rain which is deadly to their weird constitutions. Just a mere ten seconds of direct exposure to rain can render them helplessly bedridden with heavy fever for a day but they can be relied upon to make a full recovery the very next day. It usually involves drinking some kind of "medicine".

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Cute anime girls have died to this, take no chances

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Fangz posted:

Koiwai still bothers me and IRL his behaviour would be pretty bad but oh well.
Eh I think he's alright. A bit of a dick but he probably means well.

I like this show though, it's cute. However, it's completely loving unrealistic that a man approaching his 30's get blackout drunk and wake up feeling and looking dandy.

tag yourself

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 2, 2017

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

HenryEx posted:

You see the Sakurai sign on the wall outside briefly at the start

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Sweatshirt Feeling is the name of my new album and let me tell you it is not very good.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
everyone in this thread is gonna die alone

anyway, I was expecting koiwai to just talk to her like an adult but instead he did the most cliched thing imaginable, as much as I want to see these two end up together that gets on my nerves a bit.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Oh god, the way Morioka misinterpreted the convenience store manager's remark hits way too close to home. I can just feel the question Morioka has inside about Sakurai: "Why are you being nice to me?" because she can't see herself as being attractive to anyone else, or even likeable enough to really be their friend instead of an acquaintance. I just want to give her a hug. :smith:

yeah that part got to me too. :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Foxhound posted:

tag yourself

Never before have I been so called out by a show.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

im ready

Also, I like how most of the cast handle relationships in a mature manner in a way vs endless misunderstandings forever. Basically, people who are near 30s shouldn't act like teens...but anime.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Is there a lot to this story that has been cut? They briefly introduced Lillac's player and then never show her again.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

Is there a lot to this story that has been cut? They briefly introduced Lillac's player and then never show her again.

Yes, but the other problem is that the story is unfinished. Lilac's arc was just getting started, when the manga stopped getting updates.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

anyway, I was expecting koiwai to just talk to her like an adult but instead he did the most cliched thing imaginable, as much as I want to see these two end up together that gets on my nerves a bit.

yeah that part got to me too. :(

Koiwai’s entire objective from the very beginning has been to get these two together in the funniest (to him) way possible. Of course he’ll always go for the dumb prank over the honest conversation.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Tamba posted:

Yes, but the other problem is that the story is unfinished. Lilac's arc was just getting started, when the manga stopped getting updates.

Yeah this is likely just going to end with our main couple getting together and ignore the other stuff from the manga.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah this is likely just going to end with our main couple getting together and ignore the other stuff from the manga.

If it's a decent resolution, I'm fine with that.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

gmq posted:

I can't believe there's only one episode left.

Very good post/avatar synergy.

I just hope this ends in a way that isn't unresolved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Foxhound posted:

Eh I think he's alright. A bit of a dick but he probably means well.

I like this show though, it's cute. However, it's completely loving unrealistic that a man approaching his 30's get blackout drunk and wake up feeling and looking dandy.

tag yourself

I don't think he was blackout drunk.

also im failure.

• Locked thread