Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Joest Mazda released their lineups, Tom Long and Joel Miller are out, Oli Jarvis and Harry Tincknell are in, with Pigot and Rene Rast the third drivers for the enduros.

The rumor on pairings is Bomarito and Tincknell in the #55 with Pigot as the 3rd, and Oli Jarvis and Tristan Nunez in the #70 with Rast. Stout to say the least.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/145988-imsa-mazda-adds-firepower-with-revised-dpi-roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mazda not loving around at all, apparently.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CactusWeasle posted:

I'm so glad I avoided all racing sites to catch that race today. I dont think ive ever seen a title decider like that. Goddamn

Oh yeah and gently caress Whincup

I can't remember the year, but the one where Rick Kelly won by punting Craig Lowndes off the track was a lovely decision as well.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Didn't Rick also not win a single race that season?

I was, and still am, pissed off about that result. Still hate Kelly for it, and it was like 10 years ago.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Cygni posted:

Joest Mazda released their lineups, Tom Long and Joel Miller are out, Oli Jarvis and Harry Tincknell are in, with Pigot and Rene Rast the third drivers for the enduros.

The rumor on pairings is Bomarito and Tincknell in the #55 with Pigot as the 3rd, and Oli Jarvis and Tristan Nunez in the #70 with Rast. Stout to say the least.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/145988-imsa-mazda-adds-firepower-with-revised-dpi-roster

Going to be interesting to see how Harry Tincknell manages to balance full-time drives in both IMSA and the WEC next year.

I think we should see next year's liveries for the RT24P Evo at the LA Auto Show in the next few days, too.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

freeranger posted:

I was, and still am, pissed off about that result. Still hate Kelly for it, and it was like 10 years ago.
I think that was the case. It was a pure Senna/Schumacher move.

I hated Kelly before that, and he still sounds like a teen boy hitting puberty.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
gently caress yes rene rast

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://www.foxsports.com.au/motors...77ee9fad1c488f0

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

freeranger posted:

He won one race, and no events (that was back when Supercars still did event winners).

That was also the year Skaife won like 8 races and finished 17th in the standings. V8 Supercars has pretty much always had really bad points systems in terms of overrating consistency/punishing DNFs way too much.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
After some rumors that he might be even out of a ride, Ogier is back with M-Sport next year in WRC.

Guessing that either Red Bull are bankrolling his seat again, or the rumors that M-Sport got Ogier to lure Ford back into the series as a proper factory team might actually happen.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Performance Tech went with an Oreca instead of the Dallara (so we wont get to have every chassis in IMSA, BOO). But another full time Proto:

http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2017/11/29/imsa-pc-champs-performance-tech-step-up-to-p-with-oreca/

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

After some rumors that he might be even out of a ride, Ogier is back with M-Sport next year in WRC.

Guessing that either Red Bull are bankrolling his seat again, or the rumors that M-Sport got Ogier to lure Ford back into the series as a proper factory team might actually happen.

Yeah I'm glad. It seemed insane that Ogier had his seat confirmed so late. He's gonna win again next season for sure.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There was some note about "With the backing of Ford Performance" so I think some sweetening of the pot has happened.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Gonna struggle at Sebring with that headlight choice

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seeing "Joest" on a non-Audi/Porsche is weird as hell.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Such a good looking car

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah I'm glad. It seemed insane that Ogier had his seat confirmed so late. He's gonna win again next season for sure.

Yeah, the main problem for Ogier is that the order of the day in WRC is cost-cutting (the Toyota entry, as good as it is, is basically run out of a shed in Tommi Makinen's back yard) and not a lot of people could afford Ogier's asking price after VW pulled out.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Xisticide posted:

Gonna struggle at Sebring with that headlight choice

It sounds like both the 55 and 70 are going to be Soul Red Crystal this year but I hope that's incorrect and they keep the Machine Grey paint scheme on the 70. They're both factory Mazda colors, gorgeous in person, and it's nice to be able to easily tell them apart.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I want one in 1993 throwback livery again

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I want one in 1993 throwback livery again

This. I want them to use this at least once.

“Oh but that’s for the US only” Is it?

I love the old look, and I know the orange and green RENOWN look is also iconic. And I do love the new soul red/silver looks they have now, it’s on the way to being as iconic. But if you can have a throwback, I’d love to see these as well.

Proposal: similar to NASCAR, establish one IMSA round as “throwback weekend.” I’d say Laguna Seca would be good for that.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Simon Trummer (of the ByKolles driver crew) signed for the second banana boat:

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146031-jdc-miller-signs-trummer-to-second-prototype-entry

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: wrong thread

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Yeah, well you signed Castroneves, Montoya, Rene Rast, Oli Jarvis, Alonso, Norris, Rosenqvist, Di Resta etc? Well, WERE gonna add Romain Dumas and Loic Duval!

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146037-core-adds-le-mans-winners-dumas-duval-for-rolex-24

This is gettin silly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cygni posted:

Yeah, well you signed Castroneves, Montoya, Rene Rast, Oli Jarvis, Alonso, Norris, Rosenqvist, Di Resta etc? Well, WERE gonna add Romain Dumas and Loic Duval!

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146037-core-adds-le-mans-winners-dumas-duval-for-rolex-24

This is gettin silly.

:stare:

And this is why I say the Daytona 24h is still an international race.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
JCDCR/Jota have a car with Stroll, Rosenqvist, Frijns, and Juncadella, too.

If you build it, they will come :stare:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

This is gettin silly.

Hah, the driver quotes here are excellent.

And yeah my goodness this race is shaping the hell up.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

OhsH posted:

gently caress yes rene rast

:same:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In incredible, thrilling news Thed Bjork won WTCC at what I'm sure was a great race in Losail.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
My favourite part was Mullers press conference where he mentioned all the norbi fans sending death threats and how they're gonna gently caress his wife and kill his daughter lol Christ

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Thunderhill 25hr is this weekend. Streaming live and they're going to have a bit of production behind it this year.

https://nasaspeed.news/race-coverage/25-hours-of-thunderhill/follow-all-the-racing-action-live-from-the-2017-nasa-25-hours-of-thunderhill/

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

In incredible, thrilling news Thed Bjork won WTCC at what I'm sure was a great race in Losail.

Bad track bad series. Sub WRC level at this point.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

My favourite part was Mullers press conference where he mentioned all the norbi fans sending death threats and how they're gonna gently caress his wife and kill his daughter lol Christ

Imagine getting worked up over WTCC.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

New IMSA rules:

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/146064-pruett-inside-imsa-s-key-rule-changes-for-2018

The only one i dont like is the static qualifying one. Seems counter to the idea of qualifying that you cant even make any adjustments to your cars. For rubbered up places like Sebring, might as well do 1 flyer and park the thing for the rest of the session.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Wirth1000 posted:

This is just shocking.

Shocking that people care about the loving WTCC.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love that the WTCC has Macau and the actual Nurburgring on the calendar and it's still somehow the most boring racing series on the planet.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cygni posted:

New IMSA rules:

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/146064-pruett-inside-imsa-s-key-rule-changes-for-2018

The only one i dont like is the static qualifying one. Seems counter to the idea of qualifying that you cant even make any adjustments to your cars. For rubbered up places like Sebring, might as well do 1 flyer and park the thing for the rest of the session.

They're trying to make it so you do your tuning in Free Practice and only do qualifying during qualifying.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I love that the WTCC has Macau and the actual Nurburgring on the calendar and it's still somehow the most boring racing series on the planet.

The cars are horrible, the drivers are all 50+ years old, there is literally no pizzazz or anything. WTCC is so god drat terrible.

The Macau race loving sucked... at MACAU!!!

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Formula E in Hong Kong trying its best to be Macau

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Formula E is so god drat embarassing. For the love of god enough with the lovely rear end street circuits. At least make them into a real street track and not these horribly poo poo garbage not suitable for even a stray dog to run around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
There's a Studebaker on track at Thunderhill

• Locked thread