Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

shyduck posted:

There's an election in 2018. If the VA elections are any sort of indication, I can see them trying to do it to save face.

I forgotthat this was a major slap in the face to republicans. They lost a how many seat lead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

MAGA crowd is getting smaller. That’s how the spiral of silence works.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Proud Christian Mom posted:

um yeah the MAGA crowds will murder the first GOP Rep to suggest this. theyre stuck with him.

Not if they paint Trump as a GOP traitor.

"Trump sold the party out to Pelosi and the DemocRATS! #ImpeachTheBeast"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Soulex posted:

I forgotthat this was a major slap in the face to republicans. They lost a how many seat lead?
Not sure off hand but it was their biggest swing in well over 100 years.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope someone is archiving the web activities of today's College Republicans so their MAGA/Alt-right poo poo comes out when they run for office some day. Taking an entire generation of those fucks out of circulation *ORGASM

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Soulex posted:

they went from a 66-34 super majority to 51-49. in one election.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/936637518044434432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Soulex posted:

Yeah as someone who followed that race really close, at best, Dems thought they might pick up 7 or 8 seats.

They picked up 15.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattOswaltVA/status/936639021626793984

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ever notice how your major offenders when it comes to 9/11 brain brokedness aren't from New York? They had their minds destroyed by something they saw in tv at a much higher rate than people who actually loving witnessed it first hand.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

MAGA crowd is getting smaller. That’s how the spiral of silence works.

I really haven't seen this happening at all. Everyone I know that supported Trump at the beginning still supports Trump, still thinks everything but Fox and Trump is fake news, and relishes the thought of liberal tears.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Ever notice how your major offenders when it comes to 9/11 brain brokedness aren't from New York? They had their minds destroyed by something they saw in tv at a much higher rate than people who actually loving witnessed it first hand.
It's the same reasoning as to why there seems to be much more racism and xenophobia in small town America. You're so removed from dealing with people of different backgrounds that you're just relying on what Fox News or AM radio tells you.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

GoGoGadget posted:

I really haven't seen this happening at all. Everyone I know that supported Trump at the beginning still supports Trump, still thinks everything but Fox and Trump is fake news, and relishes the thought of liberal tears.

Pretty much exactly this

I've only seen a small swing of general opinion a few times. But the majority are still red hats

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oik6dXm-0l0&t=14s

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

Don't forget that literally anything else that seems incriminating on Trump's part is part of the Deep State conspiracy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah I'm not sure either if the MAGA crowd has gotten smaller, or we're just better at tuning it out.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah as someone who followed that race really close, at best, Dems thought they might pick up 7 or 8 seats.

They picked up 15.

IIRC, 3 of the seats Republicans won in that election are headed for recounts. One was won by 12 votes or something ridiculous.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Anecdotally I know plenty of conservatives who were never red hat types but voted “lesser of two evils” for trump. They still say “but Hillary” when bad news breaks.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shyduck posted:

Yeah I'm not sure either if the MAGA crowd has gotten smaller, or we're just better at tuning it out.

Most normal Republicans have pretty much written Trump off as a loss, other than his ability to sign their legislation. They may publicly try to defend him, privately they'll admit that he's a useless turd.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I'm guessing 50/50 Muller gets axed by Monday

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

MA-Horus posted:

You asked for a miracle, I give you the FBI.

Admittedly I read this in Grueber's voice.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

shyduck posted:

It's the same reasoning as to why there seems to be much more racism and xenophobia in small town America. You're so removed from dealing with people of different backgrounds that you're just relying on what Fox News or AM radio tells you.
So, Cave Allegory. But instead of shadows cast on a wall and strange noises it's their stupid church, talk radio, Fox News, and Infowars.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All I Want For Christmas Is The Real Piss Tape

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Smiling Jack posted:

Trump can't directly fire Mueller, he'd have to force Rosenstein to do it. At most, Trump can invoke a Saturday Night Massacre to try make it happen, though doing that I would imagine would make this whole thing ramp up to ludicrous speed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want to eat this irony with a spoon for dessert

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Handsome Ralph posted:

Trump can't directly fire Mueller, he'd have to force Rosenstein to do it. At most, Trump can invoke a Saturday Night Massacre to try make it happen, though doing that I would imagine would make this whole thing ramp up to ludicrous speed.

Yes but worst timeline

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/936688444046266368

Balla, Shot Calla, 20” blades on the Impala

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Respected. Lol the entire world treats America like an alcoholic abused spouse right now. They're very worried about us and not sure what we're doing to ourselves.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

The dreaded Vote Of Confidence

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

THANK GOD FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP #MAGA

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe he thinks someone else is Rex and actually hates the real Rex.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/TrumpsAlert/status/936676279801147392

Junior trying to find anyway everyone in that rotten organization doesn't go down.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I call the final shots

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

Respected. Lol the entire world treats America like an alcoholic abused spouse right now. They're very worried about us and not sure what we're doing to ourselves.
The only countries (Russia, Philippines, Israel) that like Trump more than Obama aren't feeling what I'd categorize as respect

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Hahahaha... It's Always Sunny in DC

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Smiling Jack posted:

If Donnie or his lawyers have any balls at all, they'll wait until congress goes home, pardon Kush et al for any crimes that may have been committed, state that they consider the Mueller investigation to have run its course, and start firing AGs until they get one that will yank Mueller's authority. Congress is too wrapped up in putting a bow on their own poo poo sandwich platter, and by the time they get back they can just shrug and do what they do best: not take action. Or, gently caress, do it now while they're busy with tax cuts and trying to dodge a government shutdown.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Dead man walking.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So Rex has like...72 hours at best right?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

As soon as Trump expresses support for you, you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've seen plenty evidence of people withdrawing their support of him within my own social circles. People confined to their own echo chamber aren't going to change until something empryical happens (ie, Donnie supporting a pedophile and them finally putting 2+2 together and realizing 'hey man, how can you be for loving a kid?' or 'how does allowing for elephant trophies in accordance with your christian values?' or at least shakes the foundation of the republican party with die hard republican people (like my loving grandma).

Until something happens to them personally, those people aren't going to change. They are so far removed from reality/society that they could watch the world up to their doorsteps and think that it would not affect them.

• Locked thread