Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

discuss current events

tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Speaking of Amber Heard, apaprently Ol' Musky hit that for a year.

Shine on, you Bond villain motherfucker.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Events currently suck.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kill whitey.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Kill whitey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKN6JJYIWWY

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Something to break the Trump wild ride; Belgian prince doesn't want a paycut

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Reposting here for December

mlmp08 posted:

The president doesn’t seem to understand how court cases work.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/936551346299338752

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Events currently suck.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/144505633981468672 oops posted in old thread

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Speaking of the T-800, Robert Mueller.

https://twitter.com/eschor/status/936598600750194688

:dance:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

buckle up for a fun friday boys

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/936598442171871234

Unnnnnnfffffff

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Because all of these men getting called out for sexual misconduct is a product of liberals destroying our man-ciety, you see.

Man if that's the plea deal I can't wait to see what Flynn coughed up, Jesus

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

But but but Two Scoops said this would be over before the new year and he'd be totally exonerated!

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Man if that's the plea deal I can't wait to see what Flynn coughed up, Jesus

I mean, it's the same thing as the other guy. You plead guilty to lying to the FBI, get a wrist slap sentence, and spill the beans on everyone above you.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I look forward to reading the topic every day for the rest of this month.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

It's also fun because it makes people like this look pretty dumb,
https://twitter.com/Shakestweetz/status/936302242226982912

Me thinks, Manafort might be singing as well or at the very least, strongly considering it.

Also,

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/936604290420002816

NUTTED BUT SHE STILL SUCKIN'

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 1, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

oh my god

IT HAS BEGUN

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
God I want to be in that room.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Also, is it no small coincidence that the Flynn charge happened after Kushner interviewed with Mueller?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
I loving hope this is the start of the Mattering but I'm afraid to get my hopes up.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

cowboy elvis posted:

Also, is it no small coincidence that the Flynn charge happened after Kushner interviewed with Mueller?

The only reason for Mueller to agree to a plea deal would be to get dirt on a bigger fish. With Flynn, there's not exactly a large amount of bigger fish.

Theory:

Mueller interviews Kushner
Kushner lies
Mueller pushes Flynn plea deal through
Mueller charges Kushner, knowing before interviewing him what Flynn told him

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

I loving hope this is the start of the Mattering but I'm afraid to get my hopes up.

Come on, who hasn't hired a few senior administration officials that end up getting indicted? That's just the price we pay for having a political outsider come in and drain. the. swamp. #MAGA

Also, lock her up.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/MorganCarlston/status/936602567433506818

lmbo if true

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Vasudus posted:

The only reason for Mueller to agree to a plea deal would be to get dirt on a bigger fish. With Flynn, there's not exactly a large amount of bigger fish.

Theory:

Kushner lies

It's almost like Mueller's done this before or something :iiam:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

Theory:

Kushner lies

That’s what I’m thinking happened too. Mueller gave Kushner the chance to hang himself unknowingly.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc

this but mueller

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's almost like Mueller's done this before or something :iiam:

It's shocking that someone from the administration actually hired perhaps the single most qualified human being currently alive to investigate this. Like, I can imagine a series of John Wick style "...oh" phonecalls to all the BigLaws when this whole thing first kicked off.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/936604290420002816

https://twitter.com/dmataconis/status/936602972628422657

Wonderful, just wonderful

Edit: Should have refreshed for the first one

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here’s hoping the tax bill gets shot down today.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

That’s what I’m thinking happened too. Mueller gave Kushner the chance to hang himself unknowingly.

Yeah, that's typically how you cement those "lying to the FBI" charges. You get someone to flip, verify what they tell you is mostly true, you go ask someone they implicate questions about stuff you already know the answers to, and then no matter what other charge you can actually hang on them, at minimum you can stick them with lying to the FBI, even if you knew they were lying at the time and it had no impact on the outcome of the investigation.

TLDR: Don't loving talk to the FBI without an experienced attorney present.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Vasudus posted:

It's shocking that someone from the administration actually hired perhaps the single most qualified human being currently alive to investigate this. Like, I can imagine a series of John Wick style "...oh" phonecalls to all the BigLaws when this whole thing first kicked off.

I remember when Rosenstein announced it, and my immediate reaction was relief combined with a dose of, "There it is."

When I had to explain to people who aren't complete weirdos that know who former directors of the FBI are, I just said "Remember Game of Thrones? Pretend this guy just showed up again to lead the investigation."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

You asked for a miracle, I give you the FBI.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope Flynn still gets himself some prison time out of this, it doesn't have to be a lot. If he brings down Cheese Brain that would be great, but he's got some pretty brazen crimes on his hands as well.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

cowboy elvis posted:

God I want to be in that room.
I'm sure at least there will be a few new Downfall edits before the day ends.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cowboy elvis posted:

No doubt, Mueller was probably double checking the story and then trying to figure out what Kushner was lying about or if Kushner would roll when confronted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Someone posted this in the November thread, but I didn't want to keep chatting there.

cowboy elvis posted:

What’s the value in pursuing anyone lower than staffers like Popodalowhatever?

Low level staffers are where a lot of the work gets done. Yeah, Flynn personally did a lot of things, but for every Flynn there are a dozen Papadopolouses. Also I wouldn't want anyone involved with this at all ever working for the government again, and one way to make sure of that is to charge them even if they only end up with probation or something minor.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MA-Horus posted:

You asked for a miracle, I give you the FBI.

It's Christmas Theo, the season of miracles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Reading thread titles is for suckers.

Godholio posted:

The way I expect this country to die, if not in nuclear fire, is for the federal and state governments to lose control as lines of communication break down. The governments' inability to maintain the infrastructure will lead to lower tax revenue (due to ineffective collection efforts), and parts of the map just drop out of their control. Rural areas first, then gradually the lack of central control will creep towards the cities, at which point hundreds of thousands (millions in some cases) will flood out of them. Basically, Rome 2.0. Congrats guys, we did it.

I expect brain drain in the rural areas to largely lead to total economic collapse. We're already seeing bits and pieces of this - large foreign companies passing up on building plants in the south due to an uneducated workforce, doctors having to be bribed an incredible amount to service rural areas, employers unable to find qualified workers that don't have drug problems. It can be turned around still but it's sure as gently caress not even starting until 2020 at the absolute earliest, assuming that whatever democrat gets control of the executive even gives a poo poo AND can pass it through congress.

• Locked thread