Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Orange smoke billows from chimneys on the hill as the great pumpkin moves into power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Orange smoke billows from chimneys on the hill as the great pumpkin moves into power

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

While everything else around the situation has been quite frankly hilarious, at least Tennessee ended up dodging the Schiano bullet even with the fiasco that's followed. I remember being upset when my school looked at a coach that got fired from Notre Dame for basically not giving a gently caress and said "hmm yeah this is definitely the guy we want running our football team."

gently caress now I'm imagining somebody hiring Ty Willingham in 2017 and shivering in horror

The narrative from the mainstream media (I'm sorry I sound like some right wing rear end in a top hat right now) was that Notre Dame was racist because they didn't give Willingham 5 years when they had given Davie 5 years. So he came out of that situation smelling like a rose and none of the media picked up the behind the scenes poo poo about how Willingham wasn't really recruiting and was golfing a poo poo ton and all that. I imagine that they were afraid of coming off as racist by calling a black man lazy, which is understandable, but poor Washington had to suffer because Willingham had been painted as a poor victim and he had 3 halfway decent seasons in a decade of coaching, two of which were in the Pac 10 at Stanford.

I feel you man.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagrrggfbejaidhrhrhhshejqjahfhrbwjwj

Tbf he signed some ridiculously long extension with FSU last year

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

What is FSU owed for a buyout?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Having a personal trainer of the gender you are attracted always seems to ene in affairs

:goonsay:

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Having a personal trainer of the gender you are attracted always seems to ene in affairs

Weird, I have three trainers, they are all women. They are all friends with my wife as well.

They've all seen my butt crack too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

vols bitch

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

wernox posted:

Weird, I have three trainers, they are all women. They are all friends with my wife as well.

They've all seen my butt crack too.

You've probably had sex with them and didn't notice. Happens.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Manoueverable posted:

While everything else around the situation has been quite frankly hilarious, at least Tennessee ended up dodging the Schiano bullet even with the fiasco that's followed. I remember being upset when my school looked at a coach that got fired from Notre Dame for basically not giving a gently caress and said "hmm yeah this is definitely the guy we want running our football team."

Same, except I thought Charlie Weis was a good hire at the time.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
We all thought Fulmer was going to end up interim coach, but he was like nah I'm taking that AD spot instead. I wonder where in the hell is he planning to pull a coach from?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fast cars loose anus posted:

Jimbo replaced Bowden in 2010, Urban left Florida after 2010, and Randy Shannon was fired from Miami late in 2010

Since Bowden was there for so long you'd have to go back to the 70s to find anything else close

drat it, I remembered Jimbo and Urban, but blanked on Shannon

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

same

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

nate fisher posted:

We all thought Fulmer was going to end up interim coach, but he was like nah I'm taking that AD spot instead. I wonder where in the hell is he planning to pull a coach from?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nate fisher posted:

lane train

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

this coaching carousel, and this thread, are fantastic

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m going to be sad if Tennessee doesn’t hire Mike Leach.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like Jim Mora Jr. is a perfect Tennessee hire.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Randaconda posted:

lane train

With Fulmer there is a better chance of him hiring Johnny Majors than Kiffin. He doesn't like him.

Please don't give him any ideas.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Steam of the TN press conference if anyone else is crazy enough to watch.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

just waiting for a shoe to fly at davenport a la w bush

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I've heard Davenport doesn't give a poo poo about athletics and doesn't see the big deal with UT football. She is out of her element big time.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I've heard Davenport doesn't give a poo poo about athletics and doesn't see the big deal with UT football. She is out of her element big time.

Wonder if she may find herself out of a job, as well. It's a public university, and this has been a shitshow.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Randaconda posted:

Wonder if she may find herself out of a job, as well. It's a public university, and this has been a shitshow.

id say its pretty likely. heads will roll for this, and currie was just the first

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

What the giant loving stadium right in the middle of campus wasn't a hint that it might be a big deal here?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

fulmer throwing some low key shade at ol butch

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

:manning: maybe if you're gross

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Blue Raider posted:

id say its pretty likely. heads will roll for this, and currie was just the first

If wait to see where Fulmer takes it. If he’s smart, he’ll go right back to Leach or go get Les HC/Tee OC. Either one of those hires is flashy enough to engender more goodwill.

I really can’t stop thinking about Bobby Heenan at BATB when Hogan walked to the ring. BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON??? Is Fulmer confirmed against Haslam’s shithead decision making, or does money talk?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

maxallen posted:

What the giant loving stadium right in the middle of campus wasn't a hint that it might be a big deal here?

Or the financial docs showing over $100M in revenue?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Fulmer should call a press conference immediately announcing he's found his coach, then step back from the podium and forward again and start taking questions.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Still delighted that Kane is somehow plugged into the Les Miles camp and has had to be cited as a source of news.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
ESPN Insiders can now confirm the story first reported by The Devil’s Favorite Demon.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anything of note happening at the press conference? I cant watch it

Nm got it up

Holy poo poo 9 years to the day that Kiffin bailed

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 1, 2017

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In the midst of all of this UT fun, Bert’s buyout from Arkansas has been finalized.

$11.8 million

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nm got it up

its mainly fulmer being calm and davenport being straight up retarded.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nm got it up

Huh? Kiffin bailed in January 2010.

e: He got hired 9 years ago today.

The Illusive Man fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 1, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nm got it up

Not really, other than Fulmer confirming he's not going to coach. Davenport pretty much shut down any questioning about the actual coaching search, i.e. Leach.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Manoueverable posted:

gently caress now I'm imagining somebody hiring Ty Willingham in 2017 and shivering in horror

Don’t give Ray Anderson ideas. Herm Edwards is bad enough. :downs:

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

The only way this coaching search could go worse is if Jesse Mahelona was steering it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

MourningView posted:

Still delighted that Kane is somehow plugged into the Les Miles camp and has had to be cited as a source of news.

Hell, firings, and brimstone.

• Locked thread