Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bigass Moth posted:

Webex meeting with maybe a hundred people, supposedly all on mute.

Five minutes in *toilet flush*

https://twitter.com/bea_ker/status/700161865192615936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Speaking of urinals, can all of you that feel this weird need to spit in the urinal before you pee stop? This is the strangest mimicked behavior.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sickening posted:

Speaking of urinals, can all of you that feel this weird need to spit in the urinal before you pee stop? This is the strangest mimicked behavior.

:stare: ...no.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sickening posted:

If I don't spit on it, it won't recognize me as the alpha, and I'm not goign to piss in a urinal that doesn't recognize my dominance

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Sickening posted:

This is sickening.

Just.

Sickening.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Sickening posted:

Did you know some people make poopy in the bathrooms sometimes?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Super Soaker Party! posted:

This is sickening.

Just.

Sickening.

:boom:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

mewse posted:

If I don't spit on it, it won't recognize me as the alpha, and I'm not goign to piss in a urinal that doesn't recognize my dominance

Mate you're already pissing in its mouth what more do you want?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I did some OPS work on a dev server to help fix some errors in log rotation. A week later the client is reporting that there's some dev problems, getting an auth error. Everyone assumes my log rotation fixes (which was just changing the log4j.xml config to point do a different location) broke authentication?

I get a high priority ticket opened, and the PM sicks his developers on me. I finally LOOK AT THE TOMCAT LOGS and see a very obvious error:

"Attribute Name Defined Twice in file://.../.../servlet.config.xml authentication failure error"

I send that the dev. "oh yeah, we are working on that file. Looks like a typo in it. I fixed it and it's working. Thanks!"

Seriously, you lost a WEEK of dev time because I wasn't around all week to look at that?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sickening posted:

:wtc:

Edit: showed this to a couple co-workers, they also have no idea what the gently caress.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

:wtc:

Edit: showed this to a couple co-workers, they also have no idea what the gently caress.

Well wherever this started from it reached Texas a long time ago. It will eventually spread to wherever you are. Monkey see monkey do.

Tigren posted:

Did you know some people make poopy in the bathrooms sometimes?

And people expect people to poo poo in the bathroom. Its just bizzare for someone to be hocking up spit in this strange ritual before they pee. It just doesn't serve any purpose outside of just being a weirdo. I can only explain it as this weird, learned behavior.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 1, 2017

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I spit in the bathroom because I don't spit in meetings.

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.

Sickening posted:

Well wherever this started from it reached Texas a long time ago. It will eventually spread to wherever you are. Monkey see monkey do.

And people expect people to poo poo in the bathroom. Its just bizzare for someone to be hocking up spit in this strange ritual before they pee. It just doesn't serve any purpose outside of just being a weirdo. I can only explain it as this weird, learned behavior.

Am from Austin, can confirm more than a handful of people do this and It Is Weird

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

Sickening posted:

They do this because some people just have to live with an excess amount of phlegm or have allergies or whatever and standing at the urinal is a time to do it that is both convenient and socially acceptable.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

vibur posted:

They do this because some people just have to live with an excess amount of phlegm or have allergies or whatever and standing at the urinal is a time to do it that is both convenient and socially acceptable.
I've spit within 2 minutes of waking up every day of my adult life. What a life it has been.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Anyone else getting hosed by the centurylink 1-800 outage?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Centurylink? Down again? Surely not.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

devmd01 posted:

A number of our offices lost external calling, which was fun. I barely know you, yet I already hate you CenturyLink. Are they still down? We failed over to an alternate provider a while ago.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Sickening posted:

At least mimicked behavior is the worst of your bathroom worries? There are far worse.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

devmd01 posted:

Yeeeep we were!

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Speaking of, a common bathroom configuration is to have a child urinal then two adult urinals along the wall, in this configuration: xXX

We all know how this works, the first person to approach takes urinal 3. The second person then has to chose between standing directly next to another person or using the kids urinal, and eventually opts for #1. Why can't they just make the configuration XxX instead?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

My favorite urinal configuration is one giant long trough at roughly child urinal height.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Speaking of, a common bathroom configuration is to have a child urinal then two adult urinals along the wall, in this configuration: xXX

We all know how this works, the first person to approach takes urinal 3. The second person then has to chose between standing directly next to another person or using the kids urinal, and eventually opts for #1. Why can't they just make the configuration XxX instead?

Who fuckin' cares. Unzip and piss, preferably in the urinal.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Do you want a kid to go into a public bathroom and go between 2 strangers?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

pixaal posted:

Literally happens all the time.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

pixaal posted:

Who fuckin' cares. Unzip and piss (preferably in the urinal).

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Nothing like pissin' at a sports stadium

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Contracting dev company is quoting 4 hours to change a favicon and a copyright footer.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
Eat poo poo Azure, next time don't advertise the NV series as being available in a region then lock people out of them, if I have to tear down this project and rebuild it in another region I will tear your data centers apart with my bear hands

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hihifellow posted:

Eat poo poo Azure, next time don't advertise the NV series as being available in a region then lock people out of them, if I have to tear down this project and rebuild it in another region I will tear your data centers apart with my bear hands

Holy poo poo Microsoft, you best get your poo poo together. This guy has bear hands. Like, with six fingers and claws. That's scary as gently caress!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

hihifellow posted:

my bear hands

How the gently caress do you type with bear hands?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Oh come on guys I don't know why your giving him such a hard time it's not like you're grammar is perfect

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Carefully, and with a large stock of replacement keyboards

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

hihifellow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHambDDVhFQ

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Oh come on guys I don't know why your giving him such a hard time it's not like you're grammar is perfect

I am not grammar, perfect or not!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Because it's a fun joke.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Avenging_Mikon posted:

only on the hands on this guy

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Or HR lady uses that stupid Grammarly program and everyone makes fun of her terribly worded and hard to read emails

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I like the MS Word feature that basically says “hey dickhead, don’t use so many words here”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Christ he's a goon...