Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

axeil posted:

5-0/0-5 is real?

5-0 might be, but there's no way the Eagles go 0-5 to finish the season without multiple players landing on IR, including Wentz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
The Seahawks do not currently have the vocabulary for to describe how completely the Eagles will destroy them.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The Seahawks do not currently have the vocabulary for to describe how completely the Eagles will destroy them.

I was present in Seattle for their last game and I snapped like a bazillion blurry photos of Caleb Sturgis warming up. Man I would gnaw my right arm off to be back at CenturyLink for this.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Seriously. Seattle’s o-line doesn’t exist so our D-Line will eat them alive. But Russell won’t be able to escape, cause our D-Line’s speed also kills. They are used to having no run game and this game won’t be any different. But the leagues #1 secondary in the past 5 weeks (wtf) are gonna eat up Seattle’s less than adequate receiving core. Jimmy Graham will be their only hope.

Then, Wentz is gonna decimate the shambles of what’s left of Seattle’s secondary. There is no Legion of Boom. You gotta have more than 1 person to start a stable. It’s just Earl Thomas and rookies and Byron Maxwell’s carcass. Byron Maxwell will be experiencing PTSD all game long. Then the Eagles will pound the ball. Blount, Ajayi, Clement. We go over 200 rushing yards again.

We drop 40+ points.

Again.

There’s only room for one Bird. The Eagles are what Seattle used to be.

On Sunday, we show the whole world. There isn’t anybody who can stop us.

18-1.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07662YP11

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

you just know the Eagles are gonna get hosed by a bad call on Sunday night

It's a given whenever there's a prime time game in Seattle

I am curious to see how Carson Wentz will handle the noise in Seattle. If I had to guess I'd say magnificently.

I'm an Embiiliever

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 1, 2017

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

1. I said that stuff about Seattle not having an O-line and us having Cox, Currie and Graham last year

2. Isn't Bobby Wagner back?

3. But no really we'll kill them this year, I just doubt it will be a pretty win (even with Sherman out they're a rowdy rear end team with a liberal dad of a coach)

e:

NotWearingPants posted:

I am curious to see how Carson Wentz will handle the noise in Seattle. If I had to guess I'd say magnificently.

He really kind of fell apart and resorted to running a lot in the second half of his game at CenturyLink last year. Of course that was more on Nelson Aghalor than the crowd; I think that was also the game where Jordan Matthews had to go out early, too.

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 1, 2017

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

And the Rams are gonna lose even harder.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well at least I can enjoy the rest of this season in the comfort of not having any expectations of success whatsoever. The Kirk Cousins farewell tour will be a fun one.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I don't know. I cast my vote Cousins stays at an increasingly "who?" DC team forever

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

I don't know. I cast my vote Cousins stays at an increasingly "who?" DC team forever

I'm steadily convinced that Cousins has no desire whatsoever to be in Washington, and will continue to ride the Snyder gravy train so long as they keep franchising him. $34 million is well worth another year of dealing with this clusterfuck of a front office, but if he hits the open market I think he'll happily find another organization that isn't run by the NFL equivalent of the Trump administration.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm steadily convinced that Cousins has no desire whatsoever to be in Washington, and will continue to ride the Snyder gravy train so long as they keep franchising him. $34 million is well worth another year of dealing with this clusterfuck of a front office, but if he hits the open market I think he'll happily find another organization that isn't run by the NFL equivalent of the Trump administration.

then we get to mock washington for another 20 years and hammer the idiots fans on welp this is what you wanted. and I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Most fans want him to stay. I get it.

I also feel like if I asked them if they'd rather have Cousins or Matthew Stafford they'd laugh at the question.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Cousins was easily the best player on the field for the Redskins last night, I hope he gets paid somewhere. And even though gently caress the Cowboys watching Alfred Morris run train on his old team was fun.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hey 89 I wandered into the pressure cooking recipe thread to get some instant pot chili recipes and now I know you run a meal prep company, why haven’t you told TFF?? That’s cool stuff man

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The only thing I remember about the game last night besides lol FUMBLED AGAIN?! is Cousins making that sick throw on the run that would have made Aaron Rodgers proud.

Oh and 13 men on the field :lol:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Hey 89 I wandered into the pressure cooking recipe thread to get some instant pot chili recipes and now I know you run a meal prep company, why haven’t you told TFF?? That’s cool stuff man

If you wandered through the games thread, you'd see I play Rocket League. It's pretty cool stuff so I thought I'd mention it to TFF.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have no idea what that is but congrats friend

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Unfair to Trump.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Fletcher Cox stole my wife

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Thanks, dude! It's actually just a YouTube channel I started. And...have only made a few videos. I need to get back on it. In real life, I'm just a bartender (going back to college in a month for MIS).

But, hey. You always gotta have side hustles.

:vince: AND YOU GOTTA GET JACKED & THAT STARTS IN THE KITCHEN, SONNN. https://www.pearcemealprep.com :vince:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Unfair to Trump.

Probably true.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/936983113841987585

Alshon Jeffrey extended to 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I am down with this.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Happy with that, Alshon and Jernigan are 2 guys I wanted to keep in Philly for the long term.

With the breakthrough of Barnett I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade Curry away in the offseason.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

El Patron posted:

Happy with that, Alshon and Jernigan are 2 guys I wanted to keep in Philly for the long term.

With the breakthrough of Barnett I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade Curry away in the offseason.

Yeah, the team doesn't really have any big FAs this year that they need to resign. Here's the list along with their 2017 average contract value:

Darren Sproles - $4.5MM
Nigel Bradham - $3.5MM
Trey Burton - $2.75MM
Corey Graham - $1.6MM
LeGarrette Blount - $1.25MM
Caleb Sturgis - $900k
Dannell Elerbe - $900k
William Beatty - $900k
Najee Goode - $875k
Patrick Robinson - $775k
Kenjon Barner - $690k
Beau Allen - $570k

Of that the only guys you really want to keep are probably Barner, Allen and Goode. Sproles I'd like to keep but he's 34. Maybe Patrick Robinson since he's played so well but we've got an abundance of CBs now.

Eagles are currently $5MM under the cap, good for 21st in the league. Howie is a wizard.

edit: Bradham has also played well so he's someone I'd consider resigning too

axeil fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 2, 2017

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

El Patron posted:

Who would trade for Vinny Curry? The only reason the Eagles would want to trade him is his contract and nobody else is going to want that contract either.

I agree it seems unlikely that they will keep him on his current deal, but hopefully they can get him to take a pay cut. He's a very good player. He's just overpaid.

Maybe if they can't get him to take a sizeable pay cut they will just suck it up and cut him, but 6 million is a large dead money hit for a guy who you'd rather have on the team if he had a reasonable salary.

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

axeil posted:

Of that the only guys you really want to keep are probably Barner, Allen and Goode. Sproles I'd like to keep but he's 34. Maybe Patrick Robinson since he's played so well but we've got an abundance of CBs now.

Eagles are currently $5MM under the cap, good for 21st in the league. Howie is a wizard.

They may have an abundance of CBs but they don't necessarily have an abundance of nicklebacks. Assuming a best case scenario where Darby and Jones are your starters, your next guy is probably Rasul Douglas and he really doesn't fit the profile. I think Robinson will be an affordable priority.

Bradham should also be a priority. With Hick's injury history, you can't count on him being available for an entire season. Or you could, like Dallas does with Sean Lee, and then watch everything fall apart when he goes down.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I thought Jeffery was a stone cold lock 1 year only deal so he could improve his FA stock after being Bears'd. Wonder why now all the sudden he wants to stay in our poo poo city on our poo poo team.

Oh right CAUSE 18-1 IS REAL :tastykake:

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

Asproigerosis posted:

I thought Jeffery was a stone cold lock 1 year only deal so he could improve his FA stock after being Bears'd. Wonder why now all the sudden he wants to stay in our poo poo city on our poo poo team.

Oh right CAUSE 18-1 IS REAL :tastykake:

They gave him $52 million over 4 years with around half of it guaranteed. Would he really have been able to get much more than that as a FA?

And now he can "pull a hamstring" and take the rest of the season off.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

Yeah, the team doesn't really have any big FAs this year that they need to resign. Here's the list along with their 2017 average contract value:

Darren Sproles - $4.5MM
Nigel Bradham - $3.5MM
Trey Burton - $2.75MM
Corey Graham - $1.6MM
LeGarrette Blount - $1.25MM
Caleb Sturgis - $900k
Dannell Elerbe - $900k
William Beatty - $900k
Najee Goode - $875k
Patrick Robinson - $775k
Kenjon Barner - $690k
Beau Allen - $570k

Burton is really underrated but I guess if Celek is leaving he can't be Celek.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

axeil posted:

Did you look at the Eagles' projected cap space for 2018?

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

TheChirurgeon posted:

Did you look at the Eagles' projected cap space for 2018?

It really doesn't mean much. There are multiple players the Eagles can cut to free up a lot of room. Everyone was worried about the salary cap last year and Howie pulled off a stellar offseason anyway.

And by signing Jeffrey and Jernigan they don't really have any major holes you need to fill with FAs. OT is still an issue, but Vaitai has played respectably. And if there's a top OT available in free agency, the Eagles can clear space and get him.

Ham Stinkie fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 2, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Ham Stinkie posted:

It really doesn't mean much. There are multiple players the Eagles can cut to free up a lot of room. Everyone was worried about the salary cap last year and Howie pulled off a stellar offseason anyway.

And by signing Jeffrey and Jernigan they don't really have any major holes you need to fill with FAs.

It means more than "nothing."

The current cap space projections don't take into account Jeffery's contract yet and while I don't think the team is doomed or anything, there's going to be at least one cut fans aren't so happy with.

e: Even if they don't have any glaring 'holes' in the roster, they still need to pay their rookie class and field a full roster.

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017
One cut, Torrey Smith, would be enough to sign all draft picks with a little left over.

edit: Actually the Eagles don't have a 2nd nor a 3rd next year, so there would be more than a little left over.

Ham Stinkie fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 2, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Ham Stinkie posted:

One cut, Torrey Smith, would be enough to sign all draft picks with a little left over.

Sure, but then they're still over the cap before they make any other signings

The point isn't that the Eagles are somehow hosed--they're smart to put that saved $15M for Wentz to good use, but more that right now, they're projected to be over the 2018 cap even counting the 2017 rollover and are going to have to make cuts beyond just Torrey Smith to make the roster work

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ham Stinkie posted:

According to OverTheCap - they are projected to be 2.2M over for 2018 WITHOUT the Alshon signing.

Depending on Alshon’s first year cap hit, even cutting Smith/Celek/Curry wouldn’t give them enough room to sign their rookies AND the FAs they’re going to need to field a 53 man roster, I think.

There’s going to be some hard decisions to be made.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I wish Celek could still catch. Watching that giant doofus slip out into the flat for the slowest 11 yard gain ever was always a nice bonus

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

aBagorn posted:

According to OverTheCap - they are projected to be 2.2M over for 2018 WITHOUT the Alshon signing.

Depending on Alshon’s first year cap hit, even cutting Smith/Celek/Curry wouldn’t give them enough room to sign their rookies AND the FAs they’re going to need to field a 53 man roster, I think.

It's not *quite* as bad as it looks, but only because they'll roll over around $2M in cap space from this season, but they'll have to contend with the same thing Dallas had to this year--all of their free agents of any value are going to get overvalued by teams that can afford to overpay the guys coming off a 13+ win season

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

aBagorn posted:

Cutting Smith/Celek/Curry would be $14 million. Less 2.2 would be 11.8 million. Let's take off 3.8 million for draft picks and UDFAs and the Eagles would have 8 million to spend.

That should also cover their own lower priced FAs like Blount, Robinson, and Beau Allen.

Anyway, we could run numbers and scenarios forever, but I think history is a better guide and history has shown that year after year, despite all the hand wringing about the salary cap, the Eagles not only figure out a way to sign their players and stay under the cap, they are usually among the most active players in free agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ham Stinkie posted:

Cutting Smith/Celek/Curry would be $14 million. Less 2.2 would be 11.8 million. Let's take off 3.8 million for draft picks and UDFAs and the Eagles would have 8 million to spend.

And Alshon’s 2018 cap hit is going to be over 8 million IMO, which puts them over again.

e: but I do fall largely on your side. Howie will figure it out. I think Kendricks is potentially on the chopping block

• Locked thread