Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waltzing Along posted:

Does the Mario Party game support local play? I mean, if we got a cart, could my gf and I play on separate devices? Would the two of us be able to connect with others online?

You can. It supports download play for pretty much every aspect of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Alxprit posted:

Glad that "facts" established only in the mid 90s and then completely forgotten about in all other years are still being brought up as solid evidence

lol

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ok I'm going after the first piece of the Beanstar in Superstar Saga. Is this whole section like this? Because it's very bad.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Ok I'm going after the first piece of the Beanstar in Superstar Saga. Is this whole section like this? Because it's very bad.

Like, which part? It’s five times as long as the other ones, but yeah no, one of the other ones is just exploring the overworld for stuff marked in your map, one’s a minigame, and another’s just a minigame and a boss fight.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah, just traipsing through a lot of areas I've already been to is kind of annoying.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases Nov 23, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

3DS
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $19.99 / £19.99 / €24.99 (Nov 21 NA / Nov 23 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Experience the popular Ace Attorney series as a rookie lawyer in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney now on the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™! Step into the shoes of a young and passionate Apollo Justice in his early law career as he takes on his first case. With the help of Trucy Wright, a talented magician who is also his assistant, and his level-headed mentor, Kristoph Gavin, the team will seek to reveal the truth in criminal trials.

New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star - $ ? / £34.99 / €39.99 (Dec 25 NA / Nov 24 EU)
Retail / Digital - [NA] [EU]
As a boutique manager, you'll style customers' clothes, make-up, nails, and hair in this fully outfitted game with 20,000+ fashion items to earn. Share your ideas online with other players and take the fashion world by storm!

River City: Rival Showdown - $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99 (Nov 21)
Retail (NA Only) / Digital - [NA] [EU]
Mystery is afoot once again for Kunio and his River City pals! One night, Kunio is attacked by two mysterious individuals. On top of that, Riki's girlfriend has disappeared and it's up to Kunio to find out the truth! Kunio has just three days to unravel the mystery, and he'll need your help to take down all who stand in his way!

New 3DS
Breakout Defense 2 - $6.99
Digital - [NA]
Breakout Defense is a breakout game where you will face off against the computer opponent through 20 exciting levels. Do your best to defend your own blocks while at the same time aiming to destroy the blocks of the computer opponent.

Physical Contact: Picture Place - $4.58 / 3.29 / €3.73 (Nov 23 NA / Oct 12 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Puzzle game called Number Place (a.k.a. Sudoku) is difficult, but feeling of achievement when solved is very high. This game was improved to look good, easy to play, as it was, with the basic rules intact. That name is Picture Place. It is a game series where two people can play against each other. So, ingenuity has been devised so that you can enjoy this game with two people.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/934124230022533120

There's a pretty good deal using a general coupon code.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I have no reason to buy it, but I want to get that Link edition 2DS. I haven't touched my other 2DS since I started working from home (would keep it in my work bag for the commute or taking a short break) and haven't gone on vacation in awhile (I take that over my MM N3DSXL in case it gets lost/stolen/damaged). However, since I am a fan of Zelda edition handhelds/consoles... I just want to waste $80 on it. Was hoping one of the kids in my extended family wanted a handheld so I can give them my like new 2DS and have some justification for getting the Link edition.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My copy of River City arrived. But I still gotta call Amazon because they didn't get me the Prime discount.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So I was under the impression that my 3ds would play old DS carts, but I'm having a hell of a time getting it to recognize any. Best I can do is pop in a 3ds cart, quit out, start a DS cart, and then it crashes after a couple minutes. What's up with that?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Fix posted:

So I was under the impression that my 3ds would play old DS carts, but I'm having a hell of a time getting it to recognize any. Best I can do is pop in a 3ds cart, quit out, start a DS cart, and then it crashes after a couple minutes. What's up with that?

Something sounds broken. It should just read them unless they're fake.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The 3DS is how I discovered my copy of Kirby Mass Attack is fake as hell

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm gonna be pissed if my carts are fake.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
New Style Savvy Boutique Styling Star came out in PAL-land at the end of last week, did anyone pick it up? I forgot all about it.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
I think there was an issue with the stock for a few retailers as Amazon straight up said that it wouldn't arrive till mid December!

I need my style fix!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Fix posted:

I'm gonna be pissed if my carts are fake.
Did you buy them on eBay, or some other reseller? The 3DS reads DS carts just fine, even out-of-region ones. Only 3DS (and DSi) carts are region locked.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Best Buy has:

DQVIII for $15.99 with GCU

Codename Steam for $2.39 with GCU You can actually get it for $1.39 if you opt for in store pick up (lol)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

irlZaphod posted:

Did you buy them on eBay, or some other reseller? The 3DS reads DS carts just fine, even out-of-region ones. Only 3DS (and DSi) carts are region locked.

It's been years, but mostly through gamestop and whatnot.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Here's a quick guide on how to spot counterfeit DS games.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/25041/quick-and-easy-ways-to-spot-a-bootleg-nintendo-ds-game

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone else think we are going to get another Zelda this year? Last one was 2013. (triforce doesn't count and it was 2015)

Going backwards:
2001 x2

So, it's been 5 years. It seems they are due for another one.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone else think we are going to get another Zelda this year? Last one was 2013. (triforce doesn't count and it was 2015)

Going backwards:
2001 x2

I'd guess no since they're mostly phasing the 3DS out now tbh.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zore posted:

I'd guess no since they're mostly phasing the 3DS out now tbh.

Also they're still pushing BotW as their big Switch title.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Waltzing Along posted:

Going backwards:
2001 x2

The Switch is their new handheld, so why bother.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The switch cannot fit into my pocket, it is not a proper handheld.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The Shortest Path posted:

Get bigger pants

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I got my vita in one front pocket, my 3ds in my other front pocket, and my switch fits snugly in a back pocket

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The next Zelda will be the phone one they hinted at. I’m excited for it if it can reach the quality of Mario Run.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If it can be held and played in hands then it is a proper handheld.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

I got my vita in one front pocket, my 3ds in my other front pocket, and my switch fits snugly in a back pocket

Alanis Morissette got weird

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I bet Nintendo will release a small handheld only “Switch” after the 3DS is truly dead.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Switchboy Pocket.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Also in 2018 we will get a remake of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link on the Nintendo 3DS. You read it here first.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Nintendo Switchblade.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

I got my vita in one front pocket, my 3ds in my other front pocket, and my switch fits snugly in a fanny pack

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I bet Nintendo will release a small handheld only “Switch” after the 3DS is truly dead.

If Nintendo could release a smaller Switch for a cheaper/same price, then they'd have just made it more powerful at the current size.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If Nintendo could release a smaller Switch for a cheaper/same price, then they'd have just made it more powerful at the current size.

I’m talking a few years from now when they can conceivably do that. We’ll probably get a New Switch Pro X as well.

Is River City: Rival Showdown wordy as the intro is the whole game?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 30, 2017

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

The Shortest Path posted:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Get bigger pants

:hai:

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Jnco is apparently making a comeback

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Hmm I want to sell my new3ds XL running Luma. What's my best bet, find a way to wipe it to stock (if possible at all), update it to the latest cfw, or try selling it as is with all files intact?

I'm not really sure how one goes about posting homebrew'd consoles up for sale, or if that even is a thing outside of very specific internet corners...

I sure could use the $100 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It's pretty easy to revert to stock, just follow this: https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw