Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
They'll still vote for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

They'll still vote for him

My aunt and uncle are suit and tie establishment republicans that hated Trump in the primaries. When he won, he was their guy anyway. They were all aboard the MAGA train until Comey got fired. Now we're not allowed to discuss politics at gatherings :thunk:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

FAUXTON posted:

Maybe he thinks someone else is Rex and actually hates the real Rex.

There might be a guy wearing a T-rex suit in the white house who got trapped their on halloween. Trump thinks that said T-Rex is a valuable member of the team and won't let him leave.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

My aunt and uncle are suit and tie establishment republicans that hated Trump in the primaries. When he won, he was their guy anyway. They were all aboard the MAGA train until Comey got fired. Now we're not allowed to discuss politics at gatherings :thunk:

im gonna get massively buck wild at christmas

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My relatives who were dumb enough to vote for him (Probably) at least have the good sense to not go around drawing attention to their dumb poo poo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My dad and I never had the talk about banning politics at the table, we just figured it out independently since we're on opposite ends of the spectrum. Nobody brings it up and we have happy holidays.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My parents are ultra evangelical christians who all voted for Trump. I sent them christmas cards last year with the entirety of the 'grab them by the pussy' quote inside.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

That Works posted:

My parents are ultra evangelical christians who all voted for Trump. I sent them christmas cards last year with the entirety of the 'grab them by the pussy' quote inside.

I’m glad that if anything my in-laws are going to talk about anarchist cookbook recipes.

On my side, some relatives talk about how it’s “dark outside” when in a city with any black people.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

mlmp08 posted:

On my side, some relatives talk about how it’s “dark outside” when in a city with any black people.

My old supervisor was from Alabama, and referred to blacks as Canadians.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

That Works posted:

i really want to do this

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Syrian Lannister posted:

Ran into this in OK about a decade ago.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

Ran into this in OK about a decade ago.

:wtc:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I have an evangelical aunt and uncle that went full on for Trump. Same uncle also said it was "bananas" that I stayed in college full time instead of dropping out to get a full time job to support my mom while she was in rehab. Told my mom that college isn't for everyone (he wasn't making the trades argument, he's just a rich rear end in a top hat) and I'd be better off that way.

My mom is still confused as to why I didn't invite them to my wedding.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

You're not allowed to call a neighborhood "spooky" anymore unless you're from the real deep South.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Almost all the Trump supporters I know are Marines and cops and they want Daddy Trump to put the reporters in jail and finally let the cops do what needs to be done, and buddy up to the greatest coolest man on Earth Vladimir Putin, so that's probably why I have a darker view on the R base than most.

The rest of the republicans I know are educated coastal professionals who really wish they hitched their ride with Clintonian centrism when they had the chance. I'm sure some of them are closet Trump supporters but most of them are nonvoters now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That Works posted:

That owns.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

My relatives who were dumb enough to vote for him (Probably) at least have the good sense to not go around drawing attention to their dumb poo poo.

My grandparents both voted for Trump. Grandma is starting to dislike him, but grandpa is sticking with Trump no matter what.

He's still a big fan of O'Reiley, and he thinks sexual harassment is a scam.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

BigDave posted:

He's still a big fan of O'Reiley, and he thinks sexual harassment is a scam.

My fiance's dad is like this. "Ask yourself why they are saying all these things now, it's all about money! That's the only reason they're doing this!"

As a dude that grew up with a single mom, I know and saw enough of the dumb poo poo she went through working lovely jobs with even shittier people to say that argument is horse poo poo, and if they want to get paid for the bullshit they put up with, well they more than loving earned it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
like I said, they'll publicly deny him but unless a better option comes along, theyre still gonna pull that handle for him in 2020.

and i dont mean a better, left option, I mean they want Trump but for him to not tweet so much

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Apparently Roy Moore got mad at Kimmel over this. well worth the click if you didn't see it on the show.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Guys guys, it's all a huge misunderstanding.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/936720362561208320

Obama said it was ok!

:thunk:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

GoGoGadget posted:

Apparently Roy Moore got mad at Kimmel over this. well worth the click if you didn't see it on the show.

loving :lol:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Guys guys, it's all a huge misunderstanding.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/936720362561208320

Obama said it was ok!

:thunk:

Uh, Obama loving fired Flynn in 2014. Why and/or how the hell would he authorize such a conversation in 2016?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

OK, I laughed out loud at this.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Uh, Obama loving fired Flynn in 2014. Why and/or how the hell would he authorize such a conversation in 2016?

Fake news. Obviously Obama kept Flynn around so that he'd have a convenient scape goat to fire!

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Syrian Lannister posted:

I believe referring to black people as Canadians is a nationwide thing across the restaurant industry.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Glad we paid a person $150K to go away because they wouldn’t investigate Benghazi hard enough!

https://twitter.com/rvawonk/status/936724158590877696

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

psydude posted:

Most normal Republicans have pretty much written Trump off as a loss, other than his ability to sign their legislation. They may publicly try to defend him, privately they'll admit that he's a useless turd.

I'll still put money on most if not all of them voting straight ticket republican for the rest of their lives, even if Trump is the nominee again.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If I voted Republican before, but vote Democrat now, that means I was wrong the last time I voted, and I'm never wrong.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Syrian Lannister posted:

I remember this closet racism!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

A Bad Poster posted:

If I voted Republican before, but vote Democrat now, that means I was wrong the last time I voted, and I'm never wrong.

You mean like George Bush Sr. ?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

I've only ever voted straight D, but the first election I could vote in was 2008, and there hasn't been a Republican worth voting for since.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
All I want for Christmas is the piss tape.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

psydude posted:

I've only ever voted straight D, but the first election I could vote in was 2008, and there hasn't been a Republican worth voting for since.

Me too, but it's less that I'm voting for Democrats, I'm voting against Republicans. So I guess I'm the same problem but in the other direction. It's that there aren't very many lovely Dems where I vote, and there are a lot of lovely Republicans.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

What

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Gobbeldygook posted:

I believe referring to black people as Canadians is a nationwide thing across the restaurant industry.

Weird. In Florida, when you complain about “those loving Canadians only left me six percent” it’s because they’re actually (generally French-) Canadian.

I never knew that was a multi-purpose slur!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Correction to earlier: ABC hosed up.

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/936739579083751424

I was thinking there was the poo poo that Flynn pleaded out to in the transition, plus poo poo during the campaign. It's just poo poo during the transition, where the only potential broken law is the Logan Act, which is likely bullshit and nobody's ever been successfully prosecuted under it, since it's likely unconstitutional.

There's likely more somewhere else, but ABC hosed up. We're missing the good poo poo that Flynn is turning over.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I first discovered that poo poo in basic training, where some hill billies referred to black people as Canadians, or neighbors, it eventually ninjas.

Ring leader got jumped in the shower so that was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

psydude posted:

I voted for bob dole in 1996. I don't know why.

• Locked thread