Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

He probably isn't too thrilled about it.

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/936370853687721984

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is iron man a pet? :ohdear:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Synthbuttrange posted:

That's OK Batman, it happens to a lot of guys. Maybe you can just cuddle.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Proteus Jones posted:

Isn't that Old Lace from Runaways?

No ring.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I have two questions: is there a reaction panel of Catwoman, after the belt has done whatever it did? (Was it just a smoke bomb?)

Secondly, is this part of how they got together currently, or from a previous story? I'm amused at how awkward Bruce is, regardless.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

PicklePants posted:

Also.. how is Captain Devil America Dinosaur going to use that shield?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Synthbuttrange posted:

The suit's full of squirrels.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

prefect posted:

The suit's full of squirrels.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The original explanation.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Not the context in which I ever expected to see this post.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

There's also Black Widow's cat from the Edmonson/Noto run.

But not Ms. Lion or Hairball. :(:

I know that despite it being not quite canon they've been integrating things from Nextwave (Aaron's personality, for example), did Devil Dinosaur ever show up after Nextwave?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Metalshark posted:

I have two questions: is there a reaction panel of Catwoman, after the belt has done whatever it did? (Was it just a smoke bomb?)

Secondly, is this part of how they got together currently, or from a previous story? I'm amused at how awkward Bruce is, regardless.

It takes place early in Batman's career. She keeps breaking into the manor to get Batman to chase her. She runs after the smoke bomb.

Get Batman Annual #2. It just came out this week. You may cry a little.

EDIT: Devil Dinosaur question: Not Nextwave Devil, but there was a story in Avenging Spider-Man where he teams up with Devil Dino in the Savage Land to fight some scientist and his Demon Dinosaur. In the end it turns out the two mated, and Devil Dinosaur laid eggs, creating a batch of baby Devil Dinos. Gorgeous artwork by Del'Otto or however you spell his name.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 2, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MikeJF posted:

I know that despite it being not quite canon they've been integrating things from Nextwave (Aaron's personality, for example), did Devil Dinosaur ever show up after Nextwave?

We're 25 issues deep into a well-received Devil Dinosaur ongoing.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MikeJF posted:

Yeah there's a whole ongoing series where he teams up with a modern-day Moon Girl. It's great.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

The original explanation.

Then they kept adding more and more stupid powers...

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Say Nothing posted:

Then they kept adding more and more stupid powers...

But 20*16*10 is 3,200, not 32,000?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PureRok posted:

But 20*16*10 is 3,200, not 32,000?

You're not using SUPER numbers. Just regular old numbers.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
9 out of 10 beans contain so much air that they are weightless.
Why else did you think they make you gaseous?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

cant cook creole bream posted:

9 out of 10 beans contain so much air that they are weightless.
Why else did you think they make you gaseous?

Because the song clearly explains that beans being musical fruits means that the more one eats the more one toots.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

And the more you toot, the better you'll feel, so easy your beans at every meal.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bender? Atomic Robo?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Come on Tony, don't use that word.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
What's that spiffy suit that looks like regular clothes next to Bender?

Cassa posted:

Americans.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Teen tony did that.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I like how they bucked the movie trend and went with Liam Neeson for the face of Tony Stark.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
I have questions about the toddler sized suit on the bottom right side of the panel.

Tony, NO.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

this French recolor of Doctor Voodoo is pretty extremely hilarious

I mean come on

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
He saved the Iron Maniac armor? That used to be somebody!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Takezio posted:

I have questions about the toddler sized suit on the bottom right side of the panel.

Tony, NO.

Clearly that's where the guys on the top center of this panel came from.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cassa posted:

Uh, what word now?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

Uh, what word now?

In the UK, "spaz" is a bad word. I think they have a lot of epileptics over there, and they used to call them "spastic", so it turned into a negative thing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cerebral palsy, mostly, but generally any of the degenerative muscle spasm disorders.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

prefect posted:

In the UK, "spaz" is a bad word. I think they have a lot of epileptics over there, and they used to call them "spastic", so it turned into a negative thing.

Huh. That's interesting. The UK sure does have a lot of stupid insulting terms. Not that the US is any better, someone yelled at me recently for calling someone a dick.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

Huh. That's interesting. The UK sure does have a lot of stupid insulting terms. Not that the US is any better, someone yelled at me recently for calling someone a dick.

It's like "oval office", which is the second-worst word you can say in the US, but in the UK, they use it all the time. Two countries, separated by a common language.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
^^oval office is probably the worst non-racial word in the UK. We just use it a lot because nothing else has weight.

It's a fairly simple history. One of the classic formal-medical-term-turned-playground-insult slurs that ended up with a charity having to change its name and a lot of TV specials to stop kids being dicks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

prefect posted:

It's like "oval office", which is the second-worst word you can say in the US, but in the UK, they use it all the time. Two countries, separated by a common language.

I've been trying very hard to remove a lot of words from my vocabulary. Like "retarded" which was my go-to descriptive word for a decade. I've been hounding my fiance to stop saying "gypped" as well.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I've been trying very hard to remove a lot of words from my vocabulary. Like "retarded" which was my go-to descriptive word for a decade. I've been hounding my fiance to stop saying "gypped" as well.

Maybe split the difference and get her to say it with a "j" instead

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

When I was a kid, the word "kiked" was a synonym for "stole" -- I didn't learn what it really meant until years later. :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

prefect posted:

When I was a kid, the word "kiked" was a synonym for "stole" -- I didn't learn what it really meant until years later. :blush:

I remember that one as well but I have a Jewish uncle (by marriage) and he set us straight on that one pretty quick.