Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Looking for some help. Tried googling, to no avail.

I watched a movie, an indie sort, around... 2012ish.

It was about an Asian teen who d idnt speak any English, wandering around in a rural American town. Maybe the desert?

And she meets a loser white teen, who doesn't have any luck with girls, and his dad thinks he's gay I think or pathetic, and the boy meets this pretty and lost Asian girl and tries to be friends with her, and romance her but in the end she ends up at a party with cool kids or something. Idk.

Anyone know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I thought Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter when I started reading that description, but desert, friends and parties are the opposite of that movie, so I guess not.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
It was a horror movie with some young adults that I think got stuck in a lab or something, they get separated and at one point the girl is running through and trying to save her friends, and the friend is alive but he’s in bed and hooked to some sort of giant machine, like one of those 60s style computers, and either his guts, circulatory, organ, or veins are hanging from the ceiling.
Or maybe this was a dream I had.
Probably 2005-2009 or so.

Edit: I found it, it was called Autopsy (2008)

The Big Whoop fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 24, 2017

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition

The Bananana posted:

Looking for some help. Tried googling, to no avail.

I watched a movie, an indie sort, around... 2012ish.

It was about an Asian teen who d idnt speak any English, wandering around in a rural American town. Maybe the desert?

And she meets a loser white teen, who doesn't have any luck with girls, and his dad thinks he's gay I think or pathetic, and the boy meets this pretty and lost Asian girl and tries to be friends with her, and romance her but in the end she ends up at a party with cool kids or something. Idk.

Anyone know?

Wristcutters: A Love Story?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=65wtx5lWXiA

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

No dice
Thanks for trying

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
There is this Japanese/Chinese 80's war movie that I watched as a kid at my cousins house (bout 1999) and what I remember is this

.revolved around three teenagers,2 lads and a girl.

.lots of violence and misery

.i'm pretty sure they all got shot to bits by the end and generally treated horribly throughout the movie

.I remember a scene where a café got shot up in slow motion by soldiers (think they shot it up with a mounted gun?)

.I think the movie was set in the 80's if that helps

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 24, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Milo and POTUS posted:

There was a movie trailer years ago of some movie that I'm pretty sure was poorly received and it was a british movie and in the trailer a bunch of country kids are murdering a scarecrow as someone drives by

It was Inbred, which was, again, not well received.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
One of the 80s/90s "Living Dead" franchise films, I think. One of the guys gets bitten, and eventually turns into a zombie. He's still able to speak, and he begs his (still human) girlfriend to let him eat her brains.

Edit: Found it, NightReturn of the Living Dead II.

Edit 2: Posted this a couple years ago, no takers. Anyone recognize this?

quote:

Asian martial arts historical drama, late 70s or early 80s. Set in Medieval China, I think. High death toll. Scenes I remember:

1) Main character (as a young boy) is ushered away as his city/home is captured by bad guys, he runs back just in time to see his mother kill herself to avoid capture. Hokey cut to a flower petal falling from the sky as she stabs herself.

2) Near end of movie, one of the heroines is defeated by a bunch of ninjas, and her last act is to take out her (sharp) earrings and fling them into the eyes of a last bad guy sneaking up on the hero.

3) Final scene is hero and another heroine walking on the beach.

4) Just remembered this scene: the villain ties up the hero and beats him up a bit, then grabs his nuts and squeezes until the hero yells.

Pretty vague, but any ideas?
I really hope this is an actual movie and not a screwed up kid dream.

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 29, 2017

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Macaroni posted:

One of the 80s/90s "Living Dead" franchise films, I think. One of the guys gets bitten, and eventually turns into a zombie. He's still able to speak, and he begs his (still human) girlfriend to let him eat her brains.

Edit: Found it, Night of the Living Dead II.

Do you mean Return of the Living Dead? That happens near the end of the movie.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah that's definitely Return. Invented the whole "brains?" thing for zombies.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The really weird thing is that Return of the Living Dead does position itself as a sequel to Night of the Living Dead, but in a world where both the events of NotLD happened and the movie NotLD exists.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i mean lets just come out and say it; ROTLD is the best zombie movie ever

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Parachute posted:

You won’t hear any argument from me, it’s the only zombie movie I know of that specifically declares that when you’re watching it, it’s partytime.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Do you mean Return of the Living Dead? That happens near the end of the movie.
Whoops, not NOTLD. Youtube said it was ROTLD2: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...cj2f9Vp41Xr5sur

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Parachute posted:

It's really drat hard to argue against this, agreed.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Parachute posted:

Uhh have you ever heard of a little film called oh I don’t know CEMETERY MAN before!?!?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'm pretty sure this gag is from a movie, but I don't know if it's live action or animated. A guy is examining something rare or expensive. He either loses interest or somebody says something to get his attention, so he nonchalantly tosses the thing over his shoulder.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Andorra posted:

I'm pretty sure this gag is from a movie, but I don't know if it's live action or animated. A guy is examining something rare or expensive. He either loses interest or somebody says something to get his attention, so he nonchalantly tosses the thing over his shoulder.
My first instinct upon reading that was one of the Ace Venturas but I have no idea if I'm actually remembering that or imagining it. :v:

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Pilchenstein posted:

My first instinct upon reading that was one of the Ace Venturas but I have no idea if I'm actually remembering that or imagining it. :v:

I was thinking one of the Police Squads, but I think I might be confusing it with the pen scene in one of them

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
For some reason I could see recent Johnny Depp doing that. Could it be Mortdecai (which I haven't seen but I saw the trailer)

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
For some reason I want to say Vincent D'onofrio in L&O: Criminal Intent, but I also want to say Zapp Brannigan in Futurama (with Kif frantically fielding the priceless item).

I do have the image in my head of someone examining something, a vase maybe, then just casually heaving it over the shoulder for a desperate two-hand catch and careful replacement where it came from, maybe with a dusting-off motion. It's gotta be something I've seen a lot, for it to stick like that... but I suspect it has been in a lot of media.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

It sounds like a Vaudville style gag, so it could wind up in a lot of things.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Sounds like a mel brooks thing or an Airplane! gag.

Crackmaster
Feb 6, 2004

Andorra posted:

That sounded familiar, and I wanted to say Airplane or Top Secret at first, but couldn't remember exactly which scene I was thinking of. Then I figured maybe it was a common thing that showed up everywhere, before it clicked that the example I had in mind was from UHF, during the opening's Indiana Jones parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnoHkG7j-Nk&t=230s

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Ape Agitator posted:

For some reason I could see recent Johnny Depp doing that. Could it be Mortdecai (which I haven't seen but I saw the trailer)
That made me think about Jack Sparrow, and I managed to find this clip (at the very beginning of it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8M7HopGZX4

Crackmaster posted:

That sounded familiar, and I wanted to say Airplane or Top Secret at first, but couldn't remember exactly which scene I was thinking of. Then I figured maybe it was a common thing that showed up everywhere, before it clicked that the example I had in mind was from UHF, during the opening's Indiana Jones parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnoHkG7j-Nk&t=230s
And this also might be what I was thinking of! Either way, I'm satisfied. Thanks, everyone!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Ape Agitator posted:

Its from Charlie and chocolate factory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJ2v8Np_JA

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A western, where at the end the villain, dying of thirst, drinks out of a pool of water he finds. The hero comes up and reveals a sign that warned that the water was poisonous.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Davros1 posted:

A western, where at the end the villain, dying of thirst, drinks out of a pool of water he finds. The hero comes up and reveals a sign that warned that the water was poisonous.

I never saw it, but Google says this is a John Wayne film called The Lawless Frontier.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I never saw it, but Google says this is a John Wayne film called The Lawless Frontier.

Could've sworn the movie was in color, but that might be it.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Not sure if this was a movie or a TV show, but I remember a Twilight Zone-esque story about a person or persons who leave their car (possibly crashed?) and enter a portal in the woods that leads to an alternate reality, where they learn some valuable lesson or some such. I know that’s super vague but it’s all I’ve got. It’s modern, probably 2000-2015, and I’m pretty sure it’s not he Twilight Zone reboot from 2002.

Edit: nevermind I am bad at reading Wikipedia episode summaries, it was in fact one of the new Twilight Zone episodes, and I was way off about even the vague details I remembered. Carry on.

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 7, 2017

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This one's a TV show that I've gotten into a bit of a rabbit hole on. I'm trying to remember a specific actor who kind of looks like Flea, and I remember him from a show where he played some kind of Rat Man. The show was almost definitely canadian, or at least had that late 90s/early 2000s Canadian TV feel.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Retro Futurist posted:

This one's a TV show that I've gotten into a bit of a rabbit hole on. I'm trying to remember a specific actor who kind of looks like Flea, and I remember him from a show where he played some kind of Rat Man. The show was almost definitely canadian, or at least had that late 90s/early 2000s Canadian TV feel.

I'd imagine it's the TV mini series adaptation of The Stand.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Retro Futurist posted:

Both Clint Howard and Lee Tergesen sort of resemble Flea, in their own ways.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nope neither of those. I remember he was either a recurring bad guy or henchmen so probably some kind of low budget super hero show.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Both Clint Howard and Lee Tergesen sort of resemble Flea, in their own ways.

well I'll be damned...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok I figured it out, it was Ian Tracey.

Only I can't find a matching role on IMDB so I'm worried I mixed him up with someone else for the rat man.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Late 80s/early 90s straight to cable movie. Fighter pilot goes nuts and is able to get his plane loaded with a nuclear weapon. He plans to drop it on Las Vegas to "cleanse its sins." He is defeated in an aerial dogfight battle by his mentor/commanding officer/father figure type. Think it had "Angel" in the title. Any idea?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Macaroni posted:

Late 80s/early 90s straight to cable movie. Fighter pilot goes nuts and is able to get his plane loaded with a nuclear weapon. He plans to drop it on Las Vegas to "cleanse its sins." He is defeated in an aerial dogfight battle by his mentor/commanding officer/father figure type. Think it had "Angel" in the title. Any idea?

Broken Arrow?

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

Broken Arrow?
I thought that at first, but there aren't any dogfights in that film and the plan wasn't to drop the nukes on anything.

The Macaroni posted:

Bit of Googling suggests this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101897/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Polka_Rapper posted:

I thought that at first, but there aren't any dogfights in that film and the plan wasn't to drop the nukes on anything.

Bit of Googling suggests this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101897/

That's it all right, I happened to watch it the other day.