Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Don't get me wrong artistically it owns, just not technically, like low environment texture res and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It would look better if it didn't have the weird filter that made it look like you've just turned sharpening up to max in your tv.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Take the Xenoblade 2 pledge

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Poo-nime.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

It would look better if it didn't have the weird filter that made it look like you've just turned sharpening up to max in your tv.

yeah I actually stopped and checked my tv display settings earlier, i thought they'd reset or something

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
whatever filter they've got going on looks kinda funky handheld but I think it looks pretty good docked, considering

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Ciaphas posted:

yeah I actually stopped and checked my tv display settings earlier, i thought they'd reset or something

I can’t adjust the display on my 4K TV so the UI goes off screen. Other than that the game looks OK. The art direction does a lot for it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I bought the new PS4 port of Star Ocean 4 instead. I guess I’ll have to make do with slightly less anime.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ur banned from this thread

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bought the new PS4 port of Star Ocean 4 instead. I guess I’ll have to make do with slightly less anime.

why would you do that

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

get out

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Samurai Sanders posted:

You bought the game that is more anime if we are doing a scale system.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Andrast posted:

why would you do that
Because I had an itch for an anime sci-fi RPG but cheaper and more on the action side.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

You bought the game that is more anime if we are doing a scale system.
From what I’ve seen of XC2...nah.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Because I had an itch for an anime sci-fi RPG but cheaper and more on the action side.

rex gets plenty of action. see:

Harlock posted:

Take the Xenoblade 2 pledge

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How is Anime level measured anyway, we talking size of eyes/hair/tiddays here, volume of voice, number of belts?

Like what are the engineering units here

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Unless you have already played SO4 you are looking at the wrong game friend.

SO4 is anime in strange and confusing ways, with little attempts to blunt it with localization.

Unless by anime you mean big boobs but that would be dumb.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Star Ocean 2 was the only good one and they keep making bad games

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

Unless you have already played SO4 you are looking at the wrong game friend.

SO4 is anime in strange and confusing ways, with little attempts to blunt it with localization.
I’ve put more than a hundred hours into SO4. Also I’ve never played it in English.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I’ve put more than a hundred hours into SO4. Also I’ve never played it in English.

You should have just said that at the start so we would have known that we are dealing with a severe stockholm syndrome

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Andrast posted:

You should have just said that at the start so we would have known that we are dealing with a severe stockholm syndrome
I put more than 100 hours into 3 too. 5 was an unfinished disappointment though.

Man, people get so judgmental about Star Ocean.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh then yeah I don't know what to tell you, your just wrong.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Mostly because those games are terrible

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I played a Star Ocean for a bit on PS2, it was alright but nothing special. Haven't played any Xeno games.

Wanted to thank the couple of people who suggested accessories a few pages back! I ended up with getting the Switch and a Pro controller for 320 after tax, using a giftcard deal. I picked up those glass screen protectors, which went on super smoothly. Also grabbed a case but haven't used it yet.

I bought Zelda, which has been really fun, just a couple of hours off of the Great Plateau so far. Also picked up Sonic, which is fun even if I've always been bad at platformers.

I'm also waiting for Mario Kart which I picked up through Living Social last weekend. I wish I would've just paid more to get it elsewhere, isn't supposed to arrive until Tuesday.

Oryp fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 2, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hey 9 Parchments is out on the 6th

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I put more than 100 hours into 3 too. 5 was an unfinished disappointment though.

Star Ocean games are so, so bad. They ask the bold question, what if someone took the combat from a typical Tales Of game, and made it completely dog poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guys I bought one of the worst JRPGs ever made instead of a really good one because it was cheaper!!!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Just 100%'d Odyssey. Wonder what I should play until Xmas when I will get Skyrim.

Need to go back and finish playing through Golf Story. Also grabbed Shantae. Plus my large PS4 backlog thanks to the Switch.

But really debating if I should grab Mario + Rabbids while it is on sale for $40 on the eshop. It is normally a game I would get a physical copy and later sell. So may just wait for the actual game to git $40 and get my Best Buy gamers club discount from there. Was luke warm on Xcom and Xcom2, but I can see a Mario themed one maintaining my interest more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah because they're really loving bad

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Square-Enix can kiss my rear end for not localizing the PS4 port of Star Ocean 2.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I think that XC2 uses some sort of temporal antialasing and the game is rendered at sub hd levels, so there's not that many jaggies but it originally looked very blurry, so then they threw a sharpening filter over it to counteract the blurriness. So now it looks both blurry and like a compressed jpeg.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 2, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Square-Enix can kiss my rear end for not localizing the PS4 port of Star Ocean 2.

It was the broken PSP version anyway. But still lol that that's the only one they didn't bring over.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

JackDarko posted:

I can’t adjust the display on my 4K TV so the UI goes off screen. Other than that the game looks OK. The art direction does a lot for it.
Can you fix that with the switch display settings?
System settings > TV output > adjust screen size
It let's you shrink the output so it fits on the screen.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SeANMcBAY posted:

Those two are the only good celebrity couple.

God drat, I mixed up John Legend and John Numbers in my head and I was like WHAT

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

JackDarko posted:

Pls don’t adjust the setting on your switch, there should be some way to disable overscan on your tv. Search for your tv model or just post it here if you can’t find a guide.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Xenoblade 2 seems like it could be good but yeesh the character design and cutscenes

I’ll probably love the jrpg systems stuff though

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I wish the animations weren't so... 90's.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I thought this was going in an entirely different direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
:chloe:

• Locked thread