Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chilichimp posted:

holy poo poo they're hiring Schiano!!!

suicide watch plz.

They already tried to hire him and their fan base staged such a revolt that they had to back down and say they’d keep looking. Their AD may yet end up getting fired over the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

holy poo poo they're hiring Schiano!!!

suicide watch plz.

Lol you have missed so, so much

There's gonna be a great 30 for 30 on this one day

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They already tried to hire him and their fan base staged such a revolt that they had to back down and say they’d keep looking. Their AD may yet end up getting fired over the whole thing.

Imagine how tone def you'd have to be to hire Greg Schiano as a head coach.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to go through this assuming you don't follow college football and won't know who the names are.

1. worst season in school history, dating back to 1891 (that's a long time)
2. fire coach
3: Front office: we're gonna have an expensive and exhaustive search and find a guy with great character and morals!
4: Fans: okay!
5. Fans: Gruden is gonna be the new coach! (Intelligent fans: Gruden isn't going to be the new coach) Yeah but maybe!
6. complete silence from the front office
7. maybe it's not gruden, what about these other A+ guys?
8. Complete silence from the front office
9. No not them...so...Gruden?
10. Hey an announcement!
11. New coach is gonna be ex Bucs head coach G*cheers*reg Schiano *record scratch*
12. UT fans burn down internet and protest at the school because schiano sucks and also some Penn St. stuff
13. AD: Well uh I guess we're not going to hire Schiano, we'll back out of the deal
14. Schiano: well uh I guess I'll sue?
15. School interviews other coach, He says no (Gundy)
16. School interviews other coach, he says no (Cutcliff)
17. School interviews other coach, he says yes! (Brohm)
18. But wait the AD didn't clear it with the chancellor and she shot it down, making the coach go back to his job.
19. Back to square one
20. School interviews other coach, he says no (Doeren)

Aaaaaand here we are. All caught up? It's not even that UT is a bad job, it's a great job, tons of money, great facilities, huge stadium, fanbase, etc. It's just that the front office is so god drat inept that they keep loving everything up.

:suicide:

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 30, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hire Les Miles, Tennessee. Give the man a job.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm going to go through this assuming you don't follow college football and won't know who the names are.

2. fire coach
3: Front office: we're gonna have an expensive and exhaustive search and find a guy with great character and morals!
5. Fans: Gruden is gonna be the new coach! (Intelligent fans: Gruden isn't going to be the new coach) Yeah but maybe!
10. Hey an announcement!
11. New coach is gonna be ex Bucs head coach G*cheers*reg Schiano *record scratch*
12. UT fans burn down internet and protest at the school because schiano sucks and also some Penn St. stuff
13. AD: Well uh I guess we're not going to hire Schiano, we'll back out of the deal
18. But wait the AD didn't clear it with the chancellor and she shot it down, making the coach go back to his job.
19. Back to square one

Aaaaaand here we are. All caught up? It's not even that UT is a bad job, it's a great job, tons of money, great facilities, huge stadium, fanbase, etc. It's just that the front office is so god drat inept that they keep loving everything up.

The fan base is crazy as hell. They still believe Tennessee is some sort of dream job that should have coaches beating down the door to get in.

And they've believed that Gruden was ~the guy~ three loving times now.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pershing posted:

The fan base is crazy as hell. They still believe Tennessee is some sort of dream job that should have coaches beating down the door to get in.

And they've believed that Gruden was ~the guy~ three loving times now.

Nah, it is a great job and coaches should want to come there but you’re overplaying it juuust a bit. The school has a ton of money (football alone made 80 million in profits last year, most in the SEC and almost double the second team, Bama), is constantly making improvements and already has great facilities. We’ve been down for a while and the administration is doing nothing to help right now but there’s no reason UT can’t get back to the way they were.

As for Gruden nobody but the craziest most vocal fans actually thought he’d leave broadcasting. No one on here thought it was an actual possibility and the only place i really saw it coming from was the reddit UT board. Even the CFB board over there was telling them they were crazy. It just reached such a fever pitch for them that the media latched on and it spread.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

2. fire coach
10. Hey an announcement!
19. Back to square one

How are they not pursuing Jimbo Fisher?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

How are they not pursuing Jimbo Fisher?

He’s going to A&M most likely. A&M already fired Sumlin (who also just said he didn’t have interest in the UT job, so add another one to the list) and I dont know if he’d have any interest in UT anyway.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Well, im just going by my local sample of UT fans who are on some purestrain Big Orange fantasy poo poo.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean there’s idiot fans in every fan base. I have friends that I like that too. Just know we’re not all one nebulous blob and some of us are actually pretty realistic!

not me tho we’re the best if a coach doesn’t want to come to UT we didn’t want him anyway

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

leach is their best option at this point imo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

leach is their best option at this point imo

well you might be right

https://twitter.com/JohnDBrice1/status/936427609520574464?s=17

Lol jk we’ll gently caress this one up too and he’ll get a raise from WSU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

well you might be right

https://twitter.com/JohnDBrice1/status/936427609520574464?s=17

Lol jk we’ll gently caress this one up too and he’ll get a raise from WSU

lol tennessee is going to be lucky to get larry fedora at this point

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
They're gonna get Frank Caliendo as John Gruden.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shiki Dan posted:

I too hope Tampa goes 2-14 into perpetuity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I0cUTXwr-k

He's real good, actually.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 1, 2017

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
As evidenced by his excellent starting record last year.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shiki Dan posted:

As evidenced by his excellent starting record last year.

49ers had the worst defense in the league. Ain't his fault.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
They also had the 3rd worst offense in the NFC.

Kind of hard to have great defense when the offense can't stay on the field.

Let's also not forget that many of the same goons slobbing his knob right now were wanting to ride him out of the league on a rail in 2015, where he was definitely not real good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah Kaepernick was good in the Roman system running like gently caress and throwing to a good supporting cast, whilst supported by a great defense, but he never developed into a decent passer. He was always a 1 or 2 read - run guy.

All of a sudden he's become a sure fire HOFer who's been blackballed. He hasn't been treated fairly but lets not let reality get away here, he wasn't a great QB, at all.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

He wasn't great but he should be on speed dial for anyone who needs a backup.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking about this earlier, is it weird to anyone else that the Jameis stuff with the Uber Driver seemingly never gained traction? There was that one article and then I didnt hear about it again. I thought way more would be done about it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Joey Freshwater posted:

I was thinking about this earlier, is it weird to anyone else that the Jameis stuff with the Uber Driver seemingly never gained traction? There was that one article and then I didnt hear about it again. I thought way more would be done about it

Tallahasee PD involved maybe?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Tallahasee PD involved maybe?

They’re everywhere

:tinfoil:

There’s a knock at my door brb

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That Works posted:

He wasn't great but he should be on speed dial for anyone who needs a backup.

I agree, I'd be perfectly happy for him to be signed if Cam got his leg broken on Monday.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Joey Freshwater posted:

Beat writers were asking him about it at his press conference today so I'd say it hasn't disappeared yet. Supposedly the NFL expects it's investigation to last into the offseason.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shiki Dan posted:

They also had the 3rd worst offense in the NFC.

Name a skill position player for the 49ers last year.

He was also significantly better than Blaine Gabbert on the same team and Gabbert is now starting for the Cardinals.

The point isn’t that Kaepernick is a very good QB, it’s that he’s still, despite being mediocre, worlds better than a bunch of backups and even starters out there.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Name a skill position player for the 49ers last year.

He was also significantly better than Blaine Gabbert on the same team and Gabbert is now starting for the Cardinals.

The point isn’t that Kaepernick is a very good QB, it’s that he’s still, despite being mediocre, worlds better than a bunch of backups and even starters out there.

Carlos hyde

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Kaep isn't very good, but he'd be the ideal back-up for Cam Newton, since the offense wouldn't change much if he had to take over.

No chance in hell he's hired by anyone in the NFL, much less the -Panthers-, lol.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Kaep isn't very good, but he'd be the ideal back-up for Cam Newton, since the offense wouldn't change much if he had to take over.

No chance in hell he's hired by anyone in the NFL, much less the -Panthers-, lol.

The running schemes the panthers run aren't overly simple there bruv and Cam is a far better pocket passer

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

The running schemes the panthers run aren't overly simple there bruv and Cam is a far better pocket passer

So you're saying that Cam would be better than his backup. :thinking:

You're right, the panthers back-up should just strip it's offense of the threat of big gains by the QB's legs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

So you're saying that Cam would be better than his backup. :thinking:

You're right, the panthers back-up should just strip it's offense of the threat of big gains by the QB's legs.

Every time Derek Anderson starts they run the same plays and he always breaks off at least one 20 yard run a game lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Can we all agree that Kaep is better than current NFL starter Tom Savage, at least?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Can we all agree that Kaep is better than current NFL starter Tom Savage, at least?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV2-gY2rl44

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Every time Derek Anderson starts they run the same plays and he always breaks off at least one 20 yard run a game lol

gently caress man, MATT RYAN break off 1 big run/game.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Chilichimp posted:

I think the same but Anderson is a good backup who knows the system just as well as Cam. Kaep would also want a bit more money than a lot of teams are willing to pay the backup QB.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Slowpoke! posted:

I think the same but Anderson is a good backup who knows the system just as well as Cam. Kaep would also want a bit more money than a lot of teams are willing to pay the backup QB.

Kaep would take anything for a shot at getting on a team.

He's not being called for the same reason they didn't call Kluwe or Tebow, he's a distraction and the position isn't worth the visibility.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Epi Lepi posted:

Beat writers were asking him about it at his press conference today so I'd say it hasn't disappeared yet. Supposedly the NFL expects it's investigation to last into the offseason.

Good, I’m glad it hasn’t let up and I didnt know the NFL was investigating. I hope they burn him down if it comes out to be true

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Congratz on the new AD, Joey Fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer