Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

All for one is great when everyone's on board with all Taric/Braum/Alistair etc.

But you always end up with some stupid rear end in a top hat who only wants fiora/riven/zed bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Urf had its moments

E: the Halloween one with teemo was kind of fun too

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 2, 2017

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

the only genuinely fun moment i had in an alternate game mode is when all for one was on summoners rift and we took a 20 minute baron as zyras just having our plants tank it. and we took it SUPER FAST

I agree 100%. All for one right after the Zyra rework was some of the most fun League I've ever played. So many drat plants.

Though 5 Anivias vs 5 Anivias on murder bridge's all for one was pretty good too.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Honestly you should probably ban kassadin every game too now as well. His ratios are back at the level they were when he was 100% pick ban and with the new runes you can both: a: put out an unreasonable level of early poke with Q and Aery, and b: Riftwalk 8 times with the 800 mana cost riftwalk thanks to presence of mind and with a 1 second cooldown thanks to ultimate hat.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Drone_Fragger posted:

Honestly you should probably ban kassadin every game too now as well. His ratios are back at the level they were when he was 100% pick ban and with the new runes you can both: a: put out an unreasonable level of early poke with Q and Aery, and b: Riftwalk 8 times with the 800 mana cost riftwalk thanks to presence of mind and with a 1 second cooldown thanks to ultimate hat.

I think kass is good but ultimate hat may be a noob trap on him

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Cdr is hugely good on low CD casters like rzye and ezreal. Why is CDR bad on kass, it gives you 1-2 extra free rifts from presence of mind

It’s also 15 cdr after your 40 so if it stacks like it should it’s actually way more efficient than the previous 40 you bought

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ya but thats like stacking cdr on teemo ult, both of those things are gated by alternate costs and i dont think cdr speeds up shroom generation and it definitely doesnt do anything to the mana cost on rift walk

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

ya but thats like stacking cdr on teemo ult, both of those things are gated by alternate costs and i dont think cdr speeds up shroom generation and it definitely doesnt do anything to the mana cost on rift walk

Yes, but with presence of mind it's letting you drop a 360+70% ap ratio riftwalk every 1.05 seconds. That's a lot of damage very quickly, particularly given how easy it is to proc that in teamfights as kassadin.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
CDR does lower mushroom recharge rates. WTF mate.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Cdr is hugely good on low CD casters like rzye and ezreal. Why is CDR bad on kass, it gives you 1-2 extra free rifts from presence of mind

It’s also 15 cdr after your 40 so if it stacks like it should it’s actually way more efficient than the previous 40 you bought

it actually gives you less CDR on your ult for each normal point of CDR you have because it's multiplicative.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ah drat I'm pissed!

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

Yes, but with presence of mind it's letting you drop a 360+70% ap ratio riftwalk every 1.05 seconds. That's a lot of damage very quickly, particularly given how easy it is to proc that in teamfights as kassadin.

I think the only real problem with it is that it encourages idiots to sit around stacking up max stack riftwalks constantly, and since you have to actually have the mana to cast the spell even with presence of mind they can't actually take advantage of it once they trigger it because they're out of mana.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

duck trucker posted:

All for one is great when everyone's on board with all Taric/Braum/Alistair etc.

But you always end up with some stupid rear end in a top hat who only wants fiora/riven/zed bullshit.

All For One with nu-taric was quite possibly the stupidest loving thing I've ever done. I would never call it good or balanced, but me and a bunch of friends just spent all night chaining invulnerabilities and winning fights in various builds of stupidity (full tank, traditional 'support' taric, T(a)ri(c)force) because we just straight up couldn't be damaged for like 10 straight seconds.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Cdr is hugely good on low CD casters like rzye and ezreal. Why is CDR bad on kass

Your two example characters are guys who get flat 1 second cooldown decreases when they use their skills.

Taking 1.5 seconds off the cooldown of a 6 second cooldown with max CDR is a much bigger effect then taking 1.5 seconds off a 13 second base CDR ability.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Ultimate Hat is essential on Kassadin but ya'll should try Dark Harvest on him too. It's a bit of a hassle getting it rolling, but in late game teamfights it's ridiculous

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Ah drat I'm pissed!

youd have to play teemo to know that and i sure as hell am not playing a full game as "teemo"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Teemo was insanely op.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Teemo was insanely op.

He's pretty strong right now too. Not back to the days of oh you stepped on a mushroom as anyone other than a tank, goodbye, but still an rear end in a top hat.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

No I mean like a week ago before the zoe patch he'd aerie you twice on an auto attack and was super busted.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ohhhh. I can neither confirm nor deny that I was that Teemo a couple times.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

This guy's name

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

teemo still procs aery twice on one autoattack but it does 5 less damage now so its "okay"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Well 5 less damage is 10 less damage and if it's close enough to not being imba then it's not worth locking in "teemo"

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I appreciate that as much as Kevin has strong mannerisms that he includes for humor he is still absolutely deadpan about not playing teemo and i resonate with this

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

quote:

it brings me comfort to be a retired, gentle giant marksman wizard who gentely trundles through normal draft in the future
trundling through my games is all I do anymore
to simultaneously play every role better than probably anyone in the game i queued up with, but content to farm the same 90 creeps in 10 minutes i've farmed for 7 seasons
i have the most fun that way
it is just satisfying on a base level to efficiently scale and then wield my power in terrible displays of overconfidence and aggression
in complete silence
it is my greatest desire to say not a single word and recieve 4 honors for going 12 and 2 every game in a 15 kill game
you dont have to play a lot to have fun
i enjoy league way more after i stopped caring about ranked
im glad i grinded it though
because now i'm capital G good
and i just have this mastery over every game
where even when i lose, i could care less
i enjoy buying items, and watching other people get unhappy getting mad at video games
talking people off the friend of the family cliff is super enjoyable
you search for that shen's humanity after he calls his yi jungle a human being
calm rising tensions
quietly make excellent call after excellent call
you have to be able to appreciate when the enemy team has made several good plays and they will probably win
because you want the enemy to be impressed when you play well
it is merely respect

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

I appreciate that as much as Kevin has strong mannerisms that he includes for humor he is still absolutely deadpan about not playing teemo and i resonate with this

kevin is pro-teemo

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
"The champion most likely to take it [Minion Dematerializer] is Lux mid, who takes it like 0.3% of the time. Followed by Ekko, Gangplank, Sion, Shen, Ziggs. There's one Mordekaiser ADC who took it once :-)"

"Key to Lux's item and power spikes, absolutely essential" -a goon

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

faker has been playing unsealed spellbook zoe and it rules

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Drone_Fragger posted:

Friendly reminder in the wake of Kassadin :tinfoil: posting that - aside from a 0.1 bump to R in April - Kassadin's ratios haven't been touched since 2015.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

faker has been playing unsealed spellbook zoe and it rules

Inspiration tree is really good

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think that's Minion Dematerializer's problem really, it's merely potentially handy on a tree filled with really strong runes. Even on the same branch you've got the debt rune and the free faster boots rune.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

free boots is like one of my top three favorite runes

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

free boots is like one of my top three favorite runes

do you know what my fav rune is

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

every game i go free boots and free stopwatch i do exceedingly well without really attributing it to anything that im actually doing in game. i feel like they're both going to have to get nerfed somehow, even though i cant point at them directly and go "there, look at that!"

though i have to admit, especially on a character like darius or fiora or any strong laner that builds a phage, being able to walk into lane and know "in exactly 50 seconds i can gently caress this dude up because im going to have like 80 movespeed on him" is a really enjoyable feeling

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Friendly reminder in the wake of Kassadin :tinfoil: posting that - aside from a 0.1 bump to R in April - Kassadin's ratios haven't been touched since 2015.

It's not a big secret why kassadin is strong right now, all blinky bursty characters in preseason are bonkers right now, everyone is super squishy so you need to be impossible to lock down and hit and you'll have a easy time of just vaporizing anyone within your effective range, doesn't help that aery is stupidly strong consistent poke damage on a short cooldown.

I feel like any meta where shaco is stronger then usual is a bad meta.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5QahFFHv0I

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm not sure whether to comment that you can't do a "Look at us, the scrappy little guys!" promo at League's level of status, or to just laugh and laugh and laugh.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I saw it less as scrappy little guys and more "we're here with an audience whether you think we're a real sport or not".

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this imaginary game owned by a chinese company which you cant practice mechanically without sitting at a computer --- its a SPORT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

"The champion most likely to take it [Minion Dematerializer] is Lux mid, who takes it like 0.3% of the time. Followed by Ekko, Gangplank, Sion, Shen, Ziggs. There's one Mordekaiser ADC who took it once :-)"

"Key to Lux's item and power spikes, absolutely essential" -a goon

What's he using to trawl that statistic? I'm using League of Graphs, which shows it at around an 8.6% pickrate in Plat+ across all regions.

I still think it's her most optimal choice into push-heavy lanes, but you 100% want to take Stopwatch versus assassins like Zed, Talon, and Fizz to stop the initial snowball.

edit: Actually, nevermind; I misread LoG's popularity rankings. Mea culpa if it's not taken a lot, but I saw several pros like Froggen talking up Dematerializer on her, which is also why I assumed Apdo took it. He hasn't played any Lux games recently, so it's hard to say.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 2, 2017