Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I thought it was pretty clear that it wasn't really her dad in the chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

JoJo is melodramatic enough I could see it suddenly being her friends are that awful

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it happens to me IRL every day

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it happens to me IRL every day

Ungrateful, much?
Screw you, moron. Screw you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

yoouu*

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/katribou/status/934906953020723200

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

apparently giorno and some other passione squad members got announced as characters for some card battle mobile game by bandai namco that specifically only has weekly shonen jump characters in it

so

i wonder what that might mean

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Johnny Joestar posted:

apparently giorno and some other passione squad members got announced as characters for some card battle mobile game by bandai namco that specifically only has weekly shonen jump characters in it

so

Well, Pt5 was a weekly shonen jump story.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 28, 2017

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Johnny Joestar posted:

so

Part 5 was in WSJ, as was every part up to like 10 chapters into SBR, when it moved to Ultra Jump.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

no poo poo

i'm mostly referring to the fact that they're going out of their way to add part 5 characters

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

It means that part 5 still isn't confirmed :smithicide:.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 5 will never be confirmed

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Accurate.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Are they the only JoJo characters in the card game? cause that's something at least

otherwise im excited sakurada reset season 2 thank you david

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Expect My Mom posted:

Are they the only JoJo characters in the card game? cause that's something at least

otherwise im excited sakurada reset season 2 thank you david

As far as I can tell it does already have Jonathan, Joseph and Jotaro, as you might expect, but no Josuke

In other words what it means is that Giorno is more popular than Josuke

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Part 5 did get it's own video game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Can't wait for the announcement for part 6

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Time for me to fire up the ol' "Japan Hates Part 4 and 7, The Favored Parts In English Speaking Countries" rumor again

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

FirstAidKite posted:

Can't wait for the announcement for part 6

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Xad posted:

WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF-EVIDENT: THAT ALL DIOS ARE CREATED EQUAL
DIO, Gone To Heaven proves otherwise

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do you think Dio vapes?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Expect My Mom posted:

Time for me to fire up the ol' "Japan Hates Part 4 and 7, The Favored Parts In English Speaking Countries" rumor again

It's not a rumor, it's self-evident

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, one metric you can fairly judge by is available merch, of which there wasn't that much for Part 4 pre-anime, with little of it being re-issued outside of Josuke, Kira or Rohan things and there's still next to none of it for SBR compared to merch for parts like Bento Lunchboxo and Stardust Crusaders.

Hates is a strong word, but not as big of fans of to the point it's not worth making merch for was almost certainly true.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah well the friends I have in Japan that love Jojo like 3,4 and 7 the best SO

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

part 5 will never be confirmed

Excited for the end of Jump Fest too, I see

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

So I finally decided to read JoJolion, caught up in two days.

Woah.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I hate to post about the animation in the manga thread, but I had a quick question.

I'm not an anime expert, I usually watch English dubs. I've just started watching Jojo and holy poo poo, I'm hooked. My friend and I are like 8 episodes deep, should we continue watching in Japanese or is the English dub good?

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Agoat posted:

I hate to post about the animation in the manga thread, but I had a quick question.

I'm not an anime expert, I usually watch English dubs. I've just started watching Jojo and holy poo poo, I'm hooked. My friend and I are like 8 episodes deep, should we continue watching in Japanese or is the English dub good?

Personally i'm not a fan of the dub, although some people like it. However, the dub isn't caught up to the latest episode, so you might as well keep up with the Japanese.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh hey, the guys who made the openings are making a full fledged animated film about Ninja Batman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVTKEc-mu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF031DwMffQ

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agoat posted:

Sub only.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Agoat posted:

i think the dub is good and fitting for jojo's so keep on that until you have to switch to the subs

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Agoat posted:

The dub is pretty superb, so watch it until there's no more episodes left.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Watch whichever you enjoy more, but my argument for the sub over the dub is that when watching dubbed, you don't get that cool feeling when characters start shouting random bits of english, while in japanese you'll end up with all kinds of sudden outbursts of english and it's a joy and it stands out in a good way.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

watch the sub because sugita is life

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Watch whichever you enjoy more, but my argument for the sub over the dub is that when watching dubbed, you don't get that cool feeling when characters start shouting random bits of english, while in japanese you'll end up with all kinds of sudden outbursts of english and it's a joy and it stands out in a good way.

Plus the dub VAs aren't nearly as hammy as the Japanese VAs. When you KONO DIO DA, you need to really go for it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also who the gently caress wouldn't use the sub for koyasu's performance. jesus

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The dub is good, but I personally wouldn't watch it.

Koyasu is great and I can't imagine what Kira's english voice will sound like if they dub Part 4. I heard his VA again on Made In Abyss playing another Dude Whom Is Morally Questionable and god Toshiyuki Morikawa is perfect

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Patrick Seitz's DIO is a pretty generic sounding evil dude that doesn't really strike the proper core of DIO that Koyasu's DIO absolutely does.

Like, Dio/DIO's smug, pompous and flamboyant as gently caress, he covers his insecurity with that, batshit insane but he's also extremely smooth and charismatic and Koyasu can hit all of those.
I've heard next to none of that range from Seitz.

I can see Liam O'Brien as Kira tbh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The most important thing about Sub is that Okuyasu and Wataru Takagi are inseperable.

There is no one who can portray Okuyasu properly except him. When they dub DiU, Okuyasu should just still be in japanese because why loving bother, it'll just be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
David Hayter as okuyasu