Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

I said this and it's not on vanilla, a mod author snuck it in his mod and fooled me.

It's kind of silly there isn't a vanilla method because seriously, where the hell does it come from if a colony that can make spaceships can't produce it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I love rimworld modding y'all :allears:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37323.0

For that certain little something that was missing from medieval times mod.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 2, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Aside from Vegetable Garden, how the heck are people supposed to get enough resources like Plasteel?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Aside from Vegetable Garden, how the heck are people supposed to get enough resources like Plasteel?

I generally find that enough poison and psychic ships rain down on me to supply most of what I need, with bulk traders making up the rest.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Deep drilling also works well.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

There are two mining mods that I know of that add large mining structures that allow access to anything you want. They're just expensive with a high power cost.

Industrialization added one, you needed to buy a thing (about 4-5k silver) from a Deep Mining Trader (added by that mod) that called down some plasma beam to drill a hole for you, then you built your mine over that. Mining was relatively quick though, so it felt a bit overpowered.

Deep core mining was another, basically an upsized version of the vanilla miner. Mining with this one took a lot longer, so I liked it better from the standpoint of just being able to pick plasteel and mine it.

But I usually don't have plasteel needs that exceed the amounts brought by mechanoids, bulk goods, and exotics traders, especially with the scaling trader mod

But as added mining, I use Quarry.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
I tried deep core mining. It was okay for steel and silver but plasteel took so long I had people starving just bringing up one load so I stopped using it.

I'm using Quarry right now. It's okay for steel and stone and gives very little of the better stuff so it's a bit more balanced.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also mechanoids are made of the stuff so drag them all back to base and chop them up and build swords out of them.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Is there a mod that makes loading up a caravan less loving GODAWFUL.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Slime posted:

I dunno of any mods since the caravan spot became part of the game, but one method I can think of (and this is just theory, haven't tried it myself yet) is to load up a caravan with the enough food to get to the next hex, go to the next hex, and then launch drop pods full of the stuff you want the caravan to take. Since loading a caravan is instant outside of the homebase you should find that find that much quicker (if more costly in chemfuel and drop pod launchers).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I love rimworld modding y'all :allears:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37323.0

For that certain little something that was missing from medieval times mod.

That looks awesome, up until he enables it for raiders and 5 guys on elephants raid your base. But it would seem cheap to disable it for raiding parties.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Slime posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=953429016

There's a mod for everything. If there's a pain point, a mod has been made for it.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
I'm failing to find one that at the very least slows skill decay. Annoying as poo poo

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Nuclear War posted:

I'm failing to find one that at the very least slows skill decay. Annoying as poo poo

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731111514

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
^a mod for everything

Nuclear War posted:

Always try this first.

Google has turned up a mod for pretty much everything I've had an issue with

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I noticed in the latest version that I can launch incendiary mortars at raiders that are preparing and they won't immediately aggro at me -- they'll take quite a few hits before beginning their assault.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Somebody hosed around with meal stacking, I don't know which mod but now my meals are stacking to like 100. That's not really good because I want to have multiple meal drops (prison, hospital, dining room, work area) and now I can't.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So....jungles. As long as you don't die on the way to, and have the infrastructure for, penoxy-whatever-ine they are super easy mode. Wood everywhere, tons and tons of things to hunt, the vegetation grows back so fast I haven't had to grow hay for my animals and year-round growing season makes food trivial for me and my animals. Guess heat stroke is kind of annoying but eh whatever. Few dusters and cowboy hats, you're good to go.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah warm maps in general are too comfortable for me. Nice for doing big dumb construction projects in though.

e: like this

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My psycho cannibal chilling on the ice sheet. Bit of toxic fallout at the moment. He can't do anything medical, so I'm hoping a nice doctor will come along and join. Our guests thus far... haven't lasted long. Tasty, though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Good luck!

This here is a bunch of bad guys

These are the higher tier threat guys from Medieval Times, they're fun :) Heavily armed and armored and they're fanatical (they don't break and flee) so you have to beat down every last one of them :black101:

e: NYARRRR :black101:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 3, 2017

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Nice! A couple close losses but no downed on your side!

In regards to stockpiles and stacks, since Extended Storage still evades me, I found a mod that puts a % fullness on stockpiles so they never go above a certain percent of maximum - previously known as Hauling hysteresis, now melded into Rimworld Search Agency mod.

So now I’ve got a stack of 750 stir fry meals in the freezer, and a stack of ~75 in the hospital and rec room. The fridges in the other places are critical at 10% stack size and thus far seems to work swell!

I may stop trying to use Extended Storage and instead use the shelving furniture mod and creative stacking XXL numbers.... actually that sounds fine, though it’s imposing limits on myself rather than just what the game and mods provide.

I had my first stranded refugee event the other day! I get there and see the dude and look around the paused jungle map... hmm, nothing? Interesting...

After resuming the game I find that I was wrong. I was just not looking hard enough.

For the 20 man hunter squirrels. I ran. Sorry dude.

SodiumEnriched
Apr 19, 2016
Did that dropship mod ever update for B18? I feel like getting involved in quests because those new quest rewards, but I really don't feel like dealing with the caravan interface. That and I'm in the tundra so the time limits don't cover the travel time.

If not, I'll just build a bunch of drop-pod machines and fling my dudes to the place, and toss them some food when they inevitably run low.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

HelloSailorSign posted:

Nice! A couple close losses but no downed on your side!

In regards to stockpiles and stacks, since Extended Storage still evades me, I found a mod that puts a % fullness on stockpiles so they never go above a certain percent of maximum - previously known as Hauling hysteresis, now melded into Rimworld Search Agency mod.

Cool, I need this, thanks for naming it.

This huh? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726479594
Neat, thanks.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

My psycho cannibal chilling on the ice sheet. Bit of toxic fallout at the moment. He can't do anything medical, so I'm hoping a nice doctor will come along and join. Our guests thus far... haven't lasted long. Tasty, though.

I love how minimalist this is - nutrient, research, heaters, no corner blocks, perfect

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Cool, I need this, thanks for naming it.

This huh? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726479594
Neat, thanks.

Yup. I’m now using it to keep a small store of resources next to crafting benches and toggling shelves and crates for varying percents. At least my stockpile is starting to look pretty :3

I’m not sure about the usefulness of the search feature though.

I figure I’ll use it to keep chemfuel in various places and eventually, a decent yet not huge store of mortar shells next to firing area and some more protected within the base. Otherwise I’m planting small amounts of kibble around the base to save hauling animals time. Ever since I downloaded the food choice mod I’m not having issues with animals consuming good things, though I think I’ll make a store of nutrient paste for the critters since the nutrition return is actually pretty good in comparison to kibble.

Edit: I figure that’s you and your Steam butt.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The search is nice when you want to get specific about what to smelt and what not to (e.g. you like two specific weapons and want to get rid of all the rest).

Some sieging shitbirds came to get owned:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Brio learns to move past, and heal :glomp:

Brio has been bummed out a long time since her divorce so I'm glad. I've never actually run a colony this long, I usually get restless about 5 years in and restart.

Aaaaaa please lightning don't hit these motherfuckers :ohdear:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 3, 2017

SodiumEnriched
Apr 19, 2016

Flesh Forge posted:

Aaaaaa please lightning don't hit these motherfuckers :ohdear:

Dear god boomaphants, that sounds like an excellent and easily handled animal and not at all like a nuclear weapon on legs

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Tbh I wish the mod author hadn't given them 50% enrage on tame attempts or I totally would try.
e: That's a herd migration if it wasn't obvious

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Flesh Forge posted:

Tbh I wish the mod author hadn't given them 50% enrage on tame attempts or I totally would try.
e: That's a herd migration if it wasn't obvious

See, that's when I would save and set one off for science.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm waiting for the manhunter boomaphant incident, that will probably be what wipes this colony out (exploding animals is very unfair to melee)

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm waiting for the manhunter boomaphant incident, that will probably be what wipes this colony out (exploding animals is very unfair to melee)

Wouldn't the trap tunnel just set off a massive chain reaction once one or two are killed? At the very least it would thin out their numbers.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's true :thunk:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Is there a prep carefully mod for the latest version? Can't seem to find it.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I’ve been using one - I got it from GitHub off a url on Ludeon, but then looked to me like the Steam one got updated since I’ve two PC copies but one with the Steam mod icon and the other with the downloaded/manual mod icon.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
There's a whole bunch of medical related mods out there, so rather than trawl through them I'll ask here. Does anyone have a mod that can repair scars? Preferably one that doesn't also add a ton of other stuff to the game too. I don't mind if there's a cost associated like burning glitterworld medicine or something, I just want options to heal torso scars or fix up parts without needing to replace them entirely.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

EPOE includes that if you were already using it, Skin Grafting or something

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rainbeau's bridge mod now allows you to draw boxes instead of strictly lines, if you wanted to do big offshore constructions and who doesn't
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1193975866

Prepare Carefully is on Steam at this link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735106432

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

You could make massive off-shore turbine platforms with that in the archipelago or on the ocean coast. They're relatively protected so don't even need to be walled off (just the access/cable point) and you're not going be using that spot much anyway, so wind turbines won't get blocked by new construction or new growth.