Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

The Unfetered One posted:

Indy Car - Penske + Awesome=

"It's-a me, Mario!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

I'm enjoying leaning into it

I think we all are too.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://twitter.com/SauberF1Team/status/936913027777011713
God drat it

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

That’s not entirely unexpected

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh for fucks sake

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
Lol, of course they held onto Ericsson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

Come to think of it, there is an ABBA song for pretty much every driver on the grid.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Oh boy the era of white and red cars is back

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It looks okay

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Pirate Radar posted:

It looks okay

That car looks lightly nicer than it did in 2011 in its original white and grey, but it's still dull as gently caress.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Autosport said that was a "livery concept". I'm sure by the time the actual 2018 car is launched, Sauber has decided that this livery has too much color.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Tsaedje posted:

All race winners to have driven in an F1 race in the last 30 seasons, with wins per season in that period

So nobody’s going to mention you slid Kubica in for 2018?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

McGuinty posted:

Lol, of course they held onto Ericsson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

Come to think of it, there is an ABBA song for pretty much every driver on the grid.

The team doesn't get any money from Ericsson cause the people who own Sauber are the ones funding Ericsson

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

loving Sauber I hope they finish last in the WCC again.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

The team doesn't get any money from Ericsson cause the people who own Sauber are the ones funding Ericsson

I mean yeah, you're technically correct, but I imagine the main reason they held onto him is to keep the ownership happy. Really the only difference between him and any other pay driver is that his backers have an actual ownership stake in the team he's driving for. I choose not to draw a distinction because that might risk legitimizing a lovely driver even a little bit (he says while boosting Lance Stroll as part of his posting persona, lol hypocrisy much?)

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Wait a minute, who are we even talking about here? All I see in that picture is Charles LeClerc standing next to one of those headless mannequins with a loaf of Wonderbread balanced on its neck protrusion.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I love the livery concept and hyped to see LeClerc in F1.

Ericsson who cares. He's never caused anything to illicit backlash.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

gret posted:

loving Sauber I hope they finish last in the WCC again.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok it's actually just Leclerc and not LeCleric

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

The whole poo poo this summer regarding them taking on Honda was I think caused by his backers.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

The whole poo poo this summer regarding them taking on Honda was I think caused by his backers.

Pretty sure it was actually Monisha Kaltenborn who wanted Honda and fought like crazy for it and it ultimately cost her her job.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Exactly, he's never done anything memorable, good or bad. He's just an empty Nomex suit.

CratSock posted:

Also, an all-black F1 car Marcus Ericsson sounds good in theory, but in practice is a visual black hole and not fun to look at.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ericsson has finished last in the WDC every full season he's been in F1, excluding drivers who didn't race the full season. Sauber is the team that discovered Raikkonen, it's depressing to see them fall so far.

Monisha Did Nothing Wrong

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

They should just have a literal Bag of Money drive the car would be more effective

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

Monisha Did Nothing Wrong

Didn't Monisha back Whirline (genuinely.dont give enough of a poo poo to look up how to spell his name) to the hilt?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Well poo poo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like red and white so no complaints there.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

Sadly I know that immediately because I have a print of that car and driver on my wall.

Nice.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

Didn't Monisha back Whirline (genuinely.dont give enough of a poo poo to look up how to spell his name) to the hilt?

She backed him in the sense that idiots were ragging on him for being a piece of poo poo coward for not driving in the first couple races with a broken/strained back or whatever and that he wanted to be fully recovered before jumping in the car which she agreed with.

Plus I think she really hated Sauber's owners and in a way caused her to also hate their blonde hair blue eyed poster boy in the other car.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Yeah, it was basically Kaltenborn/Wehrlein vs Longbow/Ericsson, and of course the owners won out. But I will always respect her for funding the team via dunking on a bunch of shitheel pay drivers.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

Wirth1000 posted:

Pretty sure it was actually Monisha Kaltenborn who wanted Honda and fought like crazy for it and it ultimately cost her her job.

I personally think Mclaren and Renault had something to do with it. I have a feeling that part of the deal with Renault was a long term play to force Red Bull to use the Honda engines and if Sauber was using Honda engines that wouldn't have worked under that dumb mechanism that was brought in the last time Red Bull bitched.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Yeah, it was basically Kaltenborn/Wehrlein vs Longbow/Ericsson, and of course the owners won out. But I will always respect her for funding the team via dunking on a bunch of shitheel pay drivers.

Regardless of what you think of Van Der Garde (I think he’s bad) and, uh, whoever else she signed it was absolutely not a respectable move.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Leclerc is in Formula 1 !!! This is what we should be talking about!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Leclerc is in Formula 1 !!! This is what we should be talking about!

Who?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh right, the next person in the revolving door that is backmarker team rides.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Oh right, the next person in the revolving door that is backmarker team rides.

Are you actually trying to trigger me or are you actually not aware of all the hype and eyes that Leclerc is bringing? Genuinely curious.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you actually trying to trigger me or are you actually not aware of all the hype and eyes that Leclerc is bringing? Genuinely curious.

Turn your monitor on.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Let me tell you about Leclerc I don't normally get hyped about junior drivers until their on the doorstep of F1 but the amount of incredible moments, races, and pure dominaton he's pulled off has been like Lewis Hamilton GP2 levels this kid is going to be a god drat beast and who is his agent why Nicolas Todt of course who has such an insane eye for the full package in drivers from mental to physical attitudes and skills and determination and Leclerc has proved himself over and over throughout his junior career not by the typical running off and winning and thinking that really matters in a juniuor category i mean it does but more importantly it was how he overcame adversity and still won and never relented he's going to be a god drat revelation in formula 1 and i am extremely excited to see how he gets on

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

He drove for Prema. Let's wait and see how he actually does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Remember Stoffel Vandorne in GP2 and how he's now the world most underwhelming #2 driver?

• Locked thread