Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Remit posted:

I actually like boring skill based systems that need macrod. I enjoyed gathering and crafting in darkfall a lot. I just want to melt my brain and make hats.

I am more worried about how to protect a house/resources/inventory while offline. I don't mind some set back, but alpha clans on Ark really killed the game for me. They would completely level anything built each and every single week.

Just put stuff on the guild/your own claim. Craft lots of arrows. Give goons arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Goons, I have won a ticket to the rp server. What should I do with it?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
lol they actually just gave everyone regular tickets so I now have a third character

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
put it in your butt

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
WOW

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its my advice for most things

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

30.5 Days posted:

Goons, I have won a ticket to the rp server. What should I do with it?

rejoin the guild

:smugdon:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
lol so they rolled out a new EULA this morning. Less than a week ago they were saying that large-scale automation wasn't possible so it wasn't something they had to worry about. They have now made it against game rules. From the discord:

quote:

I want to react to some drama that is building up around our recent EULA update in part of scripts/macros/bots within our game. I want to clarify our position.
We are GOOD with minor scrip mods that ease your life from the interface perspective. For instance, herb sorting mods that just organize your herbs in your backpack.
We are GOOD with clicker automatization, where repetitive clicks/keypresses are automated by either your keyboard/mouse or simple clicker program.
We are AGAINST macros that let you emulate a multiple key presses or mouse movements at once or with a certain timeout.
We are AGAINST bots or any sophisticated scripts and macro/bot software that lets you emulate a series of in-game actions. Go there, use this ability, wait 10 sec, go here, drop an item.

Our game design goal that we're trying to achieve is to lower a number of repetitive tasks within our game. And where it is not possible to avoid repetitive actions to implement in-game automatization (autocraft). We're obviously far from reaching this goal for now, but we're on the way towards it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

30.5 Days posted:

lol so they rolled out a new EULA this morning. Less than a week ago they were saying that large-scale automation wasn't possible so it wasn't something they had to worry about. They have now made it against game rules. From the discord:

The only solution would be to remove the things that make people want to use scripts. You won't win the war against automation. I took even Blizzard 8+ lawsuits and millions of dollars to take down ONE bot provider.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
people actually want to play wow though

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So then this game has something in common with Eve.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
lol the guys kim picked a fight with already killed you out of your own keep

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
ya whoda thunk they could just stack logs and walk right in, negating walls totally

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
everyone globby, everyone not absolutely brand new anyway

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It seems that no one had opened a history book and noticed the one thing castles all have in common is they are all on top of huge hills. Not the bottom where people can stand on a hill and shoot down into the castle.

WHO KNEW?

Telravin
Oct 15, 2008
I was gonna join and ask for an invite but i heard you guys got vassalized and (i'm saying this unironically) rekt by some kids?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Telravin posted:

I was gonna join and ask for an invite but i heard you guys got vassalized and (i'm saying this unironically) rekt by some kids?

Not vassalized, we got swallowed up into a greater alliance. It was bound to happen eventually- we don't have the numbers or experience to swing around a big goon dick so it's either cooperate with pubs or see everything we worked long and hard for get erased.

By all means, come play with us, we still control our section of the world and still have vassals of our own. If anyone disagrees with what happened today, we don't really have a choice, and the deal we struck benefits everyone and is the best possible agreement we could have reached. It was either choose this, become a vassal and lose all of our vassals, or "resist" and get quite literally wiped off the map. How would you feel if you weren't a part of what happened and you logged in a few days from now to try and play the game you spent $$$ on only to find out some belligerent faction within the guild burnt it all down and now there isn't a goon guild anymore because they got destroyed and shattered into the wind? I understand goons uber alles, but this is a unique type of game that is very, very painful to have to restart in and as mentioned we just simply aren't strong enough to fight what showed up at our gates tonight.

We're trying to keep the status quo, which is pretty much what it's going to continue to be only now we send some people some excess poo poo once a week and in exchange they give us a list of targets that they need raided. We both benefit from this arrangement; we pay protection to be officially sanctioned by a very powerful alliance, and they give us more than enough pvp opportunities to keep us marauding.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 2, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I wouldn't call spending 5 days building a castle, "everything we worked long and hard for". If you actually plan to play this game, you should probably expect your poo poo to get erased. It's the end game focus of this actual game after all.

No goon wants to be someone else's cuck. If you do, your not a goon.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you're illiterate and stupid

Telravin
Oct 15, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

Not vassalized, we got swallowed up into a greater alliance. It was bound to happen eventually- we don't have the numbers or experience to swing around a big goon dick so it's either cooperate with pubs or see everything we worked long and hard for get erased.

By all means, come play with us, we still control our section of the world and still have vassals of our own. If anyone disagrees with what happened today, we don't really have a choice, and the deal we struck benefits everyone and is the best possible agreement we could have reached. It was either choose this, become a vassal and lose all of our vassals, or "resist" and get quite literally wiped off the map. How would you feel if you weren't a part of what happened and you logged in a few days from now to try and play the game you spent $$$ on only to find out some belligerent faction within the guild burnt it all down and now there isn't a goon guild anymore because they got destroyed and shattered into the wind? I understand goons uber alles, but this is a unique type of game that is very, very painful to have to restart in and as mentioned we just simply aren't strong enough to fight what showed up at our gates tonight.

We're trying to keep the status quo, which is pretty much what it's going to continue to be only now we send some people some excess poo poo once a week and in exchange they give us a list of targets that they need raided. We both benefit from this arrangement; we pay protection to be officially sanctioned by a very powerful alliance, and they give us more than enough pvp opportunities to keep us marauding.

The players on the western side of the map especially down south toward server 17, and that volcano group are utter belligerent cancer, they remind me much of BOB in eve before the great clusterfuck.
If you're in their alliance, Move away, go East or take one of the islands.
Also the vassals you have, are made up entirely of super new LiF Unfamilar players.
-
You're stuck with those guys while you're in that alliance up there. gently caress them. Goons always play for themselves yall need a CTA

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

forge posted:

It seems that no one had opened a history book and noticed the one thing castles all have in common is they are all on top of huge hills. Not the bottom where people can stand on a hill and shoot down into the castle.

WHO KNEW?

At least there's a nice beach :coffeepal:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
It wouldn't even be a bad spot if we stopped building things overlooking the inner keep.

Unfortunately....

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
of course they break slinging the day i wanna grind slinging for 12 hours

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Telravin posted:

The players on the western side of the map especially down south toward server 17, and that volcano group are utter belligerent cancer, they remind me much of BOB in eve before the great clusterfuck.
If you're in their alliance, Move away, go East or take one of the islands.
Also the vassals you have, are made up entirely of super new LiF Unfamilar players.
-
You're stuck with those guys while you're in that alliance up there. gently caress them. Goons always play for themselves yall need a CTA

laz?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I do like that I can just set my dude to gathering wild herbs and then just gently caress off for the rest of the day, it truly does emulate the feudal lifestyle well.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Getting dick leeches is the best thing ever added to a video game.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it possible to PVP with the terrain in this game? Like, can you drain a lake into some :spergin:'s personal cave complex?

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

ugh its Troika posted:

Is it possible to PVP with the terrain in this game? Like, can you drain a lake into some :spergin:'s personal cave complex?

Sadly not, no water flow, water only exists at 0.0 elevation.

You can wall things in though and be generally irritating using terraforming.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lol the guys kim picked a fight with already killed you out of your own keep

oh no

we are fighting the guys who attacked our vassals

how dare we

:frogout:

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

So I heard you guys got hit, here are some examples of the current working of our keep to prevent that log bullshit.

To include a secondary outerwall.

Equate fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 2, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Equate posted:

So I heard you guys got hit, here is some examples of the current working of our keep to prevent that log bullshit.

To include a secondary outerwall.

I like this design a lot! The drawbridge thing is 10/10

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

We haven't finished the outer layer due to the lack of expanded claim, but its terraformed, the gatehouses also have a wooden inner gate for a double entrance. Having higher walls like that is a must, also between the two wall sections once you fall in there is no way out for any enemy, there will be a gatehouse to allow friendlies out when they fall in, but other than that nope. These high walls doesn't 100% prevent someone from coming in, but its a pain in the rear end to try to do so if they try. I have no clue how your guys' base is set up.

Edit: The drawbridge is a terraformed piece of land going up gradually to be level with the gatehouse, all the land around us is 4 points lower.

You can stop a lot of dumb things in this game with a decently terraformed keep.

Also if you do plan on using drawbridges, make sure they are flat, you will lose horses and horse carts if it isn't flat.

We spent the first 3-4 days just digging up dirt and placing it down.

If its true that the majority of your vassels are newer LiF members, I highly encourage you to absorb them and have smaller claims for specific purposes, such as one of the bases will be just for farmers, etc etc.. You need numbers in a central area in order to push back poo poo like a small raiding party of 10 people.

Equate fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 2, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
We had at least 30 that I counted attacking us. It was pretty dumb, but also our keep is a disaster currently, which makes me wonder how the people playing YO let this happen. Because in the 1 week of my time playing.. It's now very obvious what should have been done, and in what order.

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

forge posted:

We had at least 30 that I counted attacking us. It was pretty dumb, but also our keep is a disaster currently, which makes me wonder how the people playing YO let this happen. Because in the 1 week of my time playing.. It's now very obvious what should have been done, and in what order.

In YO people were a lot more dedicated to digging dirt instead of wanting to go off and murder people.

Although going off and murdering people ended up with our town being deleted by the admins so there was that...

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

oh no

we are fighting the guys who attacked our vassals

how dare we

:frogout:

you got vassalized by the guys who attacked your vassals lmbo

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

forge posted:

because it was only a couple of people doing the actual work while everyone else hosed off and did their own thing while whining that poo poo wasnt done

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Deadtear you should come play.

Also we are actually getting poo poo sorted. Finding a resolution to issues, and moving on.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
why should i play the feudal eve game where only a few people do the scut work knowing that I'll end up being one of those few people because I'm friends with the people in charge

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also if you convinced the weak willed dummies in charge to move, you might want to split off 10 people to go drop a new guild claim and terraform before having a migration so that you dont caravan poo poo to drop it into an unprotected area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hahaha sabinblitz and a couple other fat voiced assholes left and stole all the horses?

that owns prettty hard

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 3, 2017

• Locked thread