Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Colonial Air Force posted:

No one, they'll just be ignored.

I'd ask about the wisdom of sending out such a long survey with so many open questions only to verify that everyone plays Space Marines, buuut it's GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for the explanations. I guess shitheads really love memes?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're easier than thinking.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Improbable Lobster posted:

A dipshit conservative meme about how much they hate trans people

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Hey JcDent I'd like to ask that you stop posting garbage memes in this thread because a good half of your posts are about either how much you jack off to titty minis or how owned cucks are or similarly pathetic poo poo

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
GW does market research?! :aaa:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Racist.

More mixed factions. It's annoying seeing the "boy" faction and the "girl" faction. Let's see some girl marines! Let's see some fabulous Escher boys!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why can't eldar be snailsexuals! The first one to stab the other with their second penis causes a hormonal change in their mate, making them be the one to be impregnated.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

LordAba posted:

Racist.

More mixed factions. It's annoying seeing the "boy" faction and the "girl" faction. Let's see some girl marines! Let's see some fabulous Escher boys!

The new Elf bloodbowls could convert into some nice boy Eschers.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

LordAba posted:

Why can't eldar be snailsexuals! The first one to stab the other with their second penis causes a hormonal change in their mate, making them be the one to be impregnated.

Legit thought this is that Eldars did...

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Escher men are supposed to be shriveled, weak morons so it actually fits a portion of the player base pretty well

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Schadenboner posted:

Legit thought this is that Eldars did...

Eldar babies just appear out of nowhere when the parents aren't looking.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I thought Eldar snatched unwatched human babies?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Lone Badger posted:

I thought Eldar snatched unwatched human babies?

Depends on the craftworld.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.
I legitimately can't tell if there's a head on this one.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I think it depends on your definition of "head".

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Is this is based on a woodcut thing of a samurai dude carrying a farting horse?

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

I feel that this was nearly cool but didn't quite make it in the execution stage

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

I, too, experienced the pain of having the offensive line from my High School's football team beat me with my AD&D books while singing The Internationale in close harmony. :(

Yeah, drat all those leftist jock bullies.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LordAba posted:

I feel like this would be something a Dark Eldar might ask a Haemonculus to try and turn them into. Or, the one they have a crush on.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

LordAba posted:

:agreed:

I was kinda disappointed that GW kept the single gender factions in Necromunda. I always loved the Escher cyber punk aesthetic but wasn't keen that they are all female for some reason. Meanwhile no other gang of desperate survivors clawing out their daily survival in this lethal toxic environment is willing to give a single girl a weapon.

Why?

Wouldn't a few punk guys with glam rock hair do's look good? Or a big tough lady Goliath? How about a badass woman wearing a bandanna and rocking a big machine gun? I literally just described Vasquez from Aliens. She is straight up an Orlock Heavy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Male Escher gangers makes gently caress all sense in the fluff. Every re-imagined gang has concept art for women gangers.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I thought we were getting some Orlock gang ladies?

There were female Ratskins in the y2k soft reboot, and who knows what's happening under Redemptionists robes.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

man, Ed Grimley got swole after joining the Imperial Guard

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Male Escher gangers makes gently caress all sense in the fluff. Every re-imagined gang has concept art for women gangers.

I can't remember the fluff behind the Escher from the 90's and haven't read any of the new version stuff. Where do little Eschers come from if there are no men? IVF? Cradle snatching? Also, why?

Nice to hear there are females in concept art, any idea when they might get sculpts?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The men are all stunted weaklings due to playing games with genetics.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Ugleb posted:

I can't remember the fluff behind the Escher from the 90's and haven't read any of the new version stuff. Where do little Eschers come from if there are no men? IVF? Cradle snatching? Also, why?

Nice to hear there are females in concept art, any idea when they might get sculpts?

House Esher keeps it's male members (heh) around solely for breeding purposes, while Esher gangs strictly only recruit women in keeping with their sponsor's matriarchal worldview.

Supposedly from the next gang (Van Saar) onwards the gangs are gonna be mixed gender, rumours I've heard is that Orlock was already done by the time they decided to diversify the gangs, but they may receive resin lady gangers.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Most likely to see them in Juves first according to the designer I spoke to.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

goatface posted:

The men are all stunted weaklings due to playing games with genetics.

Can we complain about this in equal measure to complaints about space marines being all men, or do they cancel each other out?

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Maybe the fluff is loving dumb?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

gender illusionist posted:

In warhams ? Naah, I don't buy that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

No it's p good actually in this case.

Male Eschers make as much sense as hairy Delaques. (Except for the old one with a pompador.)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

gender illusionist posted:

Every faction could have the same fluff, units, models and rules. No one would play that game though.

There's nothing inherently wrong with factions having distinct and clearly defined differences. There's nothing inherently wrong with a faction represented on the table by a single gender.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I think it’s pretty refreshing to have a matriarchal faction tbh

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

There's nothing inherently wrong with a faction represented on the table by a single gender.

I feel like it's ok unless it's weirdly :biotruths: or it's the Designated Protagonist Faction.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

And when it's both together, vehemently supported by a bunch of pieces of poo poo, well

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Escher itself isn't a problem. The problem is that aside from the all-girls faction, there aren't any girl models. Apparently GW is going to fix this, so it's less of a problem. But until those models are available, pointing out that the game lacks diversity is fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, the game where exactly one third of the range revealed so far (and half the models in the box) is women, and not creepy cheesecake women at that, is a fair target for diversity criticism. In this hobby. Totes.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 3, 2017