Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TaurusTorus posted:

So you can get multiple copies of "How To Build a Well", and their effects stack. I want to see how high this can go, since I'm at -50% build time, I want to materialize buildings out of the ether overnight.

edit: With the steward, its 1 day to build anything, I just shat a maxed out castle into existence in a fortnight.

Crusader Kings II: I just shat a maxed out castle into existence in a fortnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
It IS a little bit weird how paradoxically easy and hard secret societies are. You don't have people ratting others out, resisting torture, or be able to betray one to get rid of the others, for some reason.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Deceitful Penguin posted:

It IS a little bit weird how paradoxically easy and hard secret societies are. You don't have people ratting others out, resisting torture, or be able to betray one to get rid of the others, for some reason.

That is one of those things that I kind of want, but it would be really hard to balance for the AI.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tangent, whenever I get asked to join a plot to kill someone or whatever, and I don't want to, I kind of wish I could tip off the target, if only to cause more chaos and stuff when they're in the same realm and whatnot.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Roland Jones posted:

Tangent, whenever I get asked to join a plot to kill someone or whatever, and I don't want to, I kind of wish I could tip off the target, if only to cause more chaos and stuff when they're in the same realm and whatnot.

That would be excellent. There have been times where the whole realm wants to kill the Big Man and I'm like one of two he has never been a dick too and I'm like idk man I'm not so sure about that...

Being able to slide a hint to him for even more preferential treatment or a favor would be cool as heck and make a ton of sense in game.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
And whenever I try to plot against someone, one of my drunken conspirators ends up blabbing about it in a tavern. Why can't I be that drunk?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Ok, what is up with heretics founding kingdoms that are "Dynasty name Kingdom Name" in random places?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Is there a way to stop being a cannibal?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Technowolf posted:

Crusader Kings II: I just shat a maxed out castle into existence in a fortnight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunomata_Castle
According to legend, Sunomata Castle was built overnight. Today, it is referred to as Sunomata Ichiya Castle (墨俣一夜城 Sunomata Ichiya-jō). "Ichiya" literally means "one night."

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Crusader Kings 2: Is there a way to stop being a cannibal?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

And whenever I try to plot against someone, one of my drunken conspirators ends up blabbing about it in a tavern. Why can't I be that drunk?

I think I actually was the drunk once and revealed a plot I was backing. It might require the drunkard trait though, or that was just a very convenient coincidence.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 1, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

verbal enema posted:

That would be excellent. There have been times where the whole realm wants to kill the Big Man and I'm like one of two he has never been a dick too and I'm like idk man I'm not so sure about that...

Being able to slide a hint to him for even more preferential treatment or a favor would be cool as heck and make a ton of sense in game.

Yeah, that'd be neat; the specific example I was thinking of was the inverse (my liege was inviting me to assassinate a fellow vassal, and I wanted to tip the vassal off because I was working against my liege and wanted other people to hate him and cause trouble too), but that sort of thing would also be good.

Instead, plots you're invited to don't even show up in your "Known plots" tab, at least if you don't accept them.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I was trying to assassinate one of my daughters' husbands in a long-ago game, and twice she got drunk and blabbed about plotting to kill her spouse. She was a good daughter.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
It would also be cool in those situations where you know about a plot but the person behind it refuses to end it, if you could at least warn the target.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Magil Zeal posted:

I think I actually was the drunk once and revealed a plot I was backing. It might require the drunkard trait though, or that was just a very convenient coincidence.

I did it recently and definitely did not have the trait.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Autonomous Monster posted:

I did it recently and definitely did not have the trait.
There are several traits that make you more likely to blab

there was a list but I can't find it, ugghhh

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Are they done with CKII with Jade Dragon? I feel like CKII has reached the end of its life cycle.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

Are they done with CKII with Jade Dragon? I feel like CKII has reached the end of its life cycle.

They said they have at least one DLC left.

Edit: Here is the link https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-75-enter-the-dragon.1054574/#post-23505660

zebez fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 1, 2017

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is there any way to get rid of the "known demon worshiper" modifier? Got clonked in the head while stupidly leading troops and had the choice of trying for dark healing at high suspicion or sit around incapable.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunomata_Castle
According to legend, Sunomata Castle was built overnight. Today, it is referred to as Sunomata Ichiya Castle (墨俣一夜城 Sunomata Ichiya-jō). "Ichiya" literally means "one night."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBDsiFyorcI

Good old Samurai Warriors 1. Still maintaining the weird-yet-deliberate-camp.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Anybody got advice for getting a 700s Afghan Zun start rolling? I tried for a couple of hours last night and kept getting crushed by gavelkind plots and holy wars. I've got my chancellor in baghdad, I'm eating up the little counties but eventually I'm surrounded by abbasid tributaries and a 4k stack comes by and crushes me.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Anybody got advice for getting a 700s Afghan Zun start rolling? I tried for a couple of hours last night and kept getting crushed by gavelkind plots and holy wars. I've got my chancellor in baghdad, I'm eating up the little counties but eventually I'm surrounded by abbasid tributaries and a 4k stack comes by and crushes me.
Falsely confess faith, join Abbasids, recruit (carefully) everyone to your cult, convert the realm. Meanwhile gain titles and vassals inside the Abbasid empire. Or try something like that. At least that's how I converted Abbasid blob to zoroastrianism and became independent king.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Are Zunists able to join the Hermetics? If so, the Emerald Tablet is worth 5000 Grace with China, you might be able to get them to shatter some of the blobs for you if you can get your hands on it

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I haven't tried the religious/china route yet. Remember you start as a 58 year old with three sons and gavelkind, so if all this dude's sons roll intrigue (three for three last time) it turns into a bloodbath pretty fast. I'll go each route and see how it goes.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

In mid December I'm making a tutorial LP using that dude so uhhh, you could wait for that.

Dwesa and Jane both pointed out valid ways but there's a few things worth noting about the Zunists.

First, you can get marriage alliances with the Indians. This includes the Tibetans if I remember right, which makes the minor Muslim powers more hesitant to attack you.

Secondly, despite being pagan you can get ultimo. This is somewhat worthless though because by the time you get to Legalism 3 you should already have reformed your religion. All of your holy sites are relatively close, except for the joke one in Egypt. Fabricate a claim on Multan and conquer your way to the other one and you should be able to reform.

Take Kabul asap and note that of the dude you conquer it from dies childless you inherit Ghandahara as well. The money you get from the silk road is essential for more. You can force vassalize the other Afghan rather than conquer him, then assassinate him to get his lands wholesale.

Get a Chinese Imperial Marriage! Those troops are a free Merc band and are great. Speaking of those, keep a couple hundred ducats around for Mercator; you usually recoup your losses and prior to reform if you defend in Zunists lands in mountains you can take on vastly numerically superior foes and win. Post reform you have the Sumbros too and they kick rear end like nobodies business.

Remember to ABC and land your son's prior to gavelkind going into remission. After that it's the standard smooth sailing, especially if you do what Jane suggested and blow upp the Abbs

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I always try and get a marriage with one of the local nomads. Not only is the extra prestige for marrying up nice, but it makes it easy to culture-convert to one of the Altaic cultures and get that wonderful invasion CB. The Afghan culture that the Zunists start with has nothing useful going on with it, and being able to raid+invade makes the steppe cultures far more useful.

I need to try and convert to Han next time I do a Zunbil game, because I think that would be even more useful.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I would flat out recommend getting in good with China ASAP, no matter where you're playing on the Eastern side of the map. Become a tributary, send them whoever they want from your court and family, basically just give them whatever they want in order to get your Grace up. You'll lose money, but if you're on the Silk Road money isn't really an issue anyway, and you can't put a price on getting a constant stream of skilled courtiers and awesome artifacts

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dumb ol' Aztecs. I didn't even know I left them on in this run, and I thought it'd be fine, they're on the other side of the continent up in England. Then they went and beelined Croatia. There goes that inheritance scheme. What's worst is that this is the first game I've played this far east at this late of a date, and I was looking forward to finally seeing the Mongols in action, and Ghengis is already dead and they never even made a dent in Khwarizm. I was really looking forward to some of those muslim blobs being broken up too.

I was having a pretty sweet run too, started as the Latin Empire, conquered pretty much all of the Byzantine Empire's territory except for some bedraggled remnants on Anatolia. Conquered half of Bulgaria, enough to eventually claim the crown. Then I married the queen of Sicily and had a son who I married off to the Queen of Croatia and heir to Hungary. I was well on my way to reforming the roman empire; my dynasty owned basically all of the European requirements save for in northern Italy. The only stumbling blocks would've been how I missed my chance to grab Egypt before Abbadid gobbled it up, and of course there's Rum and some third massive Arab blob to contend with over there.

But now Croatia's Aztec, the ailing kingdom of Jerusalem's Aztec, Britain's totally Aztec, the Aztecs are invading Germany now, and basically the entirety of Europe is in a defensive pact fighting against them, and I'm wondering whether I should toss in my ~20k into the mix.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Omg you guys, I just got a Crazy Cat Lord modifier :3:. Is that new?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Is there a cap on the number of items a character can have? I keep sending to China for an artefact but get nothing in my inventory, but still get the "wondrous artefact of Jin craftsmanship" event.

Is it that or can you only have one item of a discrete type? What is the logic for receiving items from China? I gave away my spare serpent spear to a commander and then got another one next artefact request.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

MinistryofLard posted:

Is there a cap on the number of items a character can have? I keep sending to China for an artefact but get nothing in my inventory, but still get the "wondrous artefact of Jin craftsmanship" event.

Is it that or can you only have one item of a discrete type? What is the logic for receiving items from China? I gave away my spare serpent spear to a commander and then got another one next artefact request.

Eventually I was unable to request more artifacts from China due to the game saying I already had them all. Dunno about your specific case, unless you're just not seeing it?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-77-patch-2-8-1.1058783/

Patch notes for tomorrow. Bunch of bug and exploit fixes, new graphics for chinese holdings

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like they fixed the indestructible artifact bug.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

quote:

- Provided a way to deal with excessively hairy family members

I really want to know what this means.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Lucas Archer posted:

It's really unbearable when it happens. They just bear their nature to the world, and you've just had to bear with it.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Is there a known issue with the Mongols not doing anything? I got the notification of the Mongols showing up, but decades later they still haven't conquered any territory. If I pan over to the steppes I can see their icon flickering between two provinces.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only
No sign of permitting Imperial Administration law if your government doesn't permit Religious Revocation.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I've been balls deep in EU4 for the last couple of years, and I'm looking for a new fun challenge. How hard will it be for me to pick up this game?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

lurksion posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-77-patch-2-8-1.1058783/

Patch notes for tomorrow. Bunch of bug and exploit fixes, new graphics for chinese holdings

- Fixed the AI loving viceroyalties so much it'd try to give duchies out as viceroyalties even when not allowed to do so due to being a vassal, and then destroying the duchy in a fit of rage when it realized it wasn't allowed to do so

Well, that explains that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Lucas Archer posted:

Possibly enabled the barbershop button for your courtiers? I sure hope so, anyway. More than once I've given my spouse a county, console-switched over to them to change their haircut, switched back, and then took back the title again via the console.

It's a bit of work, but covering up the king's fat loving chin with a beard was well worth it.

• Locked thread