Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

this imaginary game owned by a chinese company which you cant practice mechanically without sitting at a computer --- its a SPORT.

Of all the people to take this lovely of a hot take, you're the one I'm least surprised about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Free Boots & Stopwatch (& 25 gold on takedowns and a few other lesser things) has lead to a really weird situation, at least when i watch streams, where people will have 3 items at 18 minutes and as a result everyone stopped laning insanely fast, like 12 minutes.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
This effect is less pronounced in my (and probably your) games because we aren't that good at CSing. But it's still there.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm anti teemo because I'm anti all cheese ranged top laners that don't actually do anything you want a top laner to do. But I respect teemo & wish him well, which is not the case for, say quinn, or whatever voyboy is doing.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Teikanmi posted:

this imaginary game owned by a chinese company which you cant practice mechanically without sitting at a computer --- its a SPORT.

Didn't you move to Korea for LoL

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

:ohdear:

http://gfycat.com/delightfulflamboyantglobefish

:haw:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i played a literally hour long bot game the other day because people kept feeding a jinx

it was misery

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

*rushes into thread out of breath* feedy

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Luna Was Here posted:

Of all the people to take this lovely of a hot take, you're the one I'm least surprised about

league of legends is not a sport and it’s endlessly hilarious triggering people who for some weird reason can’t handle it so thank you once again :love:

Rygar201 posted:

Didn't you move to Korea for LoL

looooooool Hell loving no

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

league of legends is not a sport and it’s endlessly hilarious triggering people who for some weird reason can’t handle it so thank you once again :love:

Yeah I'm sure it's real healthy to get off to trying to get people Mad Online, but this is something you're just like, open and shut case of terminally wrong

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

League of Legends is much more of a sport than cheerleading is.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i played a literally hour long bot game the other day because people kept feeding a jinx

it was misery

wot?

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZas-hxGqiw

I like the marching band version of silver scrapes, also isn't this like the 4th time they've rebranded college league

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

MF thoughts:

Best runepage is aery manaflow transcendence/celerity scorch/gathering storm + triumph/bloodline coup de grace. Dark harvest can be hilarious in lategame but is super feast or famine and the rest of the domination tree is total garbage. I like running transcendence, and the build that abuses that the hardest is ghostblade duskblade cleaver death's dance IE ER (if you need LW sub out the ER).

MF has so much more early AD than she did in prior seasons (especially for people who ran lethality on her) and it's so easy to CS as a result. Consequently I've been going for relic shield -> targons + cull starts a lot. It's really hard to punish and you can still trade just fine early from the sustain.

Vermain posted:

[*]Lethality is back to being broken as hell, especially on ADCs like Varus and MF.
[*]Certain champions - mostly Xerath, Lux, Jhin, Miss Fortune, Varus, and one or two others - are able to put out an unbearable amount of poke in lane thanks to Comet. Playing into support MF + Jhin is one of the most hellish lane experiences in the world if they're competent.

Why are you running comet over aery on MF? Also it's harder to stack lethality than it was in previous seasons, it's not necessarily that that's stronger.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 3, 2017

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

blah_blah posted:

Why are you running comet over aery on MF? Also it's harder to stack lethality than it was in previous seasons, it's not necessarily that that's stronger.

Presumably because MiR makes it free as hell to land if you're against a dashless champ...but how many people don't run dashes these days?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I took Press the attack on MF and just took manaflow and scorch, felt much better. Also flexibile in that it works with both lethality build vs. a full squishy comp or Crit/AS build when there are significant tank threats.

Even if you go full Lethality build AS is still a good stat to have.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It's really funny watching this thread share top secret Udyr tech, 4 frozen heart Ez builds, advising going aerie over comet on one of the 5 champs its actually worse on, everyone spazzing about lethal tempo etc etc etc

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

it was misery

even worse, bots dont get gold from kills so you were in an hour long bot game because people were getting owned by jinx bot

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's really funny watching this thread share top secret Udyr tech, 4 frozen heart Ez builds, advising going aerie over comet on one of the 5 champs its actually worse on, everyone spazzing about lethal tempo etc etc etc

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxckTmcbyl8

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

big fan of the intro and music

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Transient People posted:

Presumably because MiR makes it free as hell to land if you're against a dashless champ...but how many people don't run dashes these days?

Aery procs reliably on Q bounces in lane and E is so expensive mana-wise.

advising going aerie over comet on one of the 5 champs its actually worse on

Aery has a 55% winrate versus Comet's 52% even after the nerfs.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

it was misery

what were you playing that you couldnt just end the game at 10 mins

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

edit: nevermind misread it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

blah_blah posted:

Aery procs reliably on Q bounces in lane and E is so expensive mana-wise.

Aery has a 55% winrate versus Comet's 52% even after the nerfs.

Who cares bitch. Sniff my farts. Don't @ me.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
presumably comet has a lower winrate because it's taken on support MF and then feeding

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Presumably any of a thousand things because it's random numbers floating in void with zero context and probably deeply bad data gathering.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean, when u thin kabout it, what is life even really besides numbers in the void? just a bunch of MFs and comets and things like that I guess maybe

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Presumably any of a thousand things because it's random numbers floating in void with zero context and probably deeply bad data gathering.

Nice, the 'numbers, how do they really work?' argument.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Nice meltdown

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I have to imagine there's a reason the vast majority of MFs take comet on probuilds

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they take arcane comet because its pretty much 100% guaranteed to hit with E spam and it makes you impossible to trade with. e->comet proc is a bunch of free damage and then the enemy is slowed and probably can't even get into auto range to trade with you and if they do you'll just love tap their rear end and instantly win the trade anyhow

i bet her win rate against kalitsta and vayne is the best out of any adc by 5%

edit: this is also how first item serrated dirk mf support is blasting everyone

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

they take arcane comet because its pretty much 100% guaranteed to hit with E spam and it makes you impossible to trade with. e->comet proc is a bunch of free damage and then the enemy is slowed and probably can't even get into auto range to trade with you and if they do you'll just love tap their rear end and instantly win the trade anyhow

edit: this is also how first item serrated dirk mf support is blasting everyone

Comet with the new mana regen tools is bonkers on certain champs in bot. It used to be effectively impossible for me to force people out of lane solely through E spam as Lux; you had to risk getting autos off or else the damage/mana ratio was godawful. Now, I can outrange everyone except MF + Jhin lanes and hard win the lane in about 3 or 4 Comet-empowered E's.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

She also totally dunks on twitch, who has been strong for a long time in bot.

henkman posted:

I have to imagine there's a reason the vast majority of MFs take comet on probuilds

Most of those are support games. If you look at the actual players it looks like at least half of the Korean ADCs are still running Aery (Wraith, Arrow, Sangyoon, Kramer, Bang has a mixture of both).

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 3, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lucian is so bad right now, I miss fervor.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Lucian is so bad right now, I miss fervor.

Have you tried Press The Attack on him? I got bodied by one earlier but sample size that is not. He went iedge into shiv build.

That said, Lucian never really recovered from the one-two punch his passive took sometime early last season. I played him near exclusively up until that point and it felt impossible to do anything with him after a point.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I am a hard core DotA player that started playing League because I hit my MMR goal in DotA and want to play something a bit more casual. Currently level 18 and playing with a few friends. I was curious about the build path for Draven.

It seems like ghost blade is the first item you should build but most of my friends recommend getting BF sword and then building a full item (like BT or Death dance), then a zeal item and then finishing the BF sword item. They are all pretty low level bronze players so I am a bit cautious on their advice.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

I am a hard core DotA player that started playing League because I hit my MMR goal in DotA and want to play something a bit more casual. Currently level 18 and playing with a few friends. I was curious about the build path for Draven.

It seems like ghost blade is the first item you should build but most of my friends recommend getting BF sword and then building a full item (like BT or Death dance), then a zeal item and then finishing the BF sword item. They are all pretty low level bronze players so I am a bit cautious on their advice.

Top builds on op.gg (sourced from Platinum and above ranked players from riots API) are basically all Blood Thirster, Infinity Edge, Rapid Fire Cannon then situational items

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Draven seems like one of the ADCs who should be benefitting from the same lethality stuff as other one-shot nuke champs like Jhin and MF so yeah go Youmuu's>Duskblade and see how it feels. The Death's Dance thing was a big deal on Draven a while back but I don't know if it's worth building before 3rd-4th item right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Enigma89 posted:

Draven generally benefits more from a BF Sword item - especially lifesteal items like BT or Death's Dance, though Infinity Edge also works fine - because of the massive effective bonus he gets to his AD from Spinning Axes. Certain Marksmen like Miss Fortune, Varus, and Jhin can get away with building items with Lethality (like Ghostblade) because they have abilities that deal large single hits of damage, unlike Draven.

njsykora posted:

Draven seems like one of the ADCs who should be benefitting from the same lethality stuff as other one-shot nuke champs like Jhin and MF so yeah go Youmuu's>Duskblade and see how it feels. The Death's Dance thing was a big deal on Draven a while back but I don't know if it's worth building before 3rd-4th item right now.

I don't think it'd be awful on him, but losing out on early lifesteal or early crit seems like it'd reduce his dueling potential a lot.