Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
here mate ill fite you at st enochs at 3:30 after school come alone and show up on time my mums pickin me up at 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Lord_Adonis posted:

You piece of poo poo. Where have I ever advocated for ethnic cleansing outside of the very specific case of the United States, and only then after all possible attempts at racial reconciliation have failed?

get in the sea

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Lord_Adonis posted:

I'm losing my job in two months thanks to Brexit, I have nothing more to lose.

Sticking my oar in here to say that I've seen your qualifications posted in another thread, and with that skillset there is absolutely no way that you will struggle for work. Register with a couple of technical agencies and you'll be fine. I'm a few certs behind you and get emails every week for electrical and multiskill positions.

We now return to your scheduled programming of carpark fight club.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Lord_Adonis posted:

I agree with you that, absent of a few peripheral physical traits like skin colour, there is no fundamental difference between the races of humanity. Races are socially constructed- they are not biological, however this does not mean that the notion of race has no material effect on the world or relations between different groups. In a better world, the notion of separate races would be irrelevant. I do not believe that the tensions between ethnicities arise out of some innate biological dynamic of racial difference- racial tensions are social, cultural and economic, not biological. The White Supremacist social, cultural and economic history of the United States has created a situation of tension between White Americans and African, Hispanic and Native Americans, due to White cultural and economic hegemony. Absent of this historical and material context, I am sure that these ethnic groups could live together without this tension. I sincerely hope that it is possible in the coming decades, to ease and eventually eliminate this tension by various social, political and economic means. Any kind of separation should be the very last resort, after all other means to heal this tension have been employed and proven to have failed.
You are correct to point out that it would be difficult for most White Americans (or White British for that matter) to identify their community leaders. I had assumed that if tensions had escalated to the point of large scale violence, then Whites, and other Americans would naturally gravitate around some kind of community based hierarchy as a form of collective defence, and that the key to preventing a rising escalation of violence would be to identify the more moderate, non-supremacist voices in these hierarchies and ensure that, via negotiation and agreement with other community leaders, the process of separation already begun could proceed without further violence.

Such a bizarre line of thinking. You start off by admitting races essentially don't exist, and people can't actually be divided up by race. Then you invent a scenario where everyone has self-divided into races and started fighting each other, and want to discuss it. It's entirely contradictory and the fact that you talk about the second part even semi-seriously makes people think you don't actually believe the first part. That's why people think you're racist.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

here mate ill fite you at st enochs at 3:30 after school come alone and show up on time my mums pickin me up at 4

If we're organising a UK tour, I want a slice of the tickets.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff7tTzAf98Q

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Believing that RaHoWa is on the horizon is an indication of brain spiders.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I will fight Lord_Adonis at 18:34 every weekday night outside the Costa Coffee at the Gunwharf Quays Isle Of Wight Car ferry terminal, and only there. The Gosport and Wight Ryder terminals, and the International Port terminal are simply unacceptable

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

How dare you dox me and my cow of a sister.

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

baka kaba posted:

Well first up, you suggested this idea in a modern context, not some imaginary race war future. What you're basically describing is a situation where those social and economic problems have been ramped up, where the white supremacists are getting what they want, and saying that maybe the solution to this terrible situation is to finally just do what the Nazis wanted all along - separate the white race, and all the other races, so they can live apart (thus solving all the prejudice and economic inequality that was causing all the problems)

Even IF this fantasy race war was taking place, which it isn't, you're still ultimately accepting that white supremacist argument as a legitimate solution. And because this situation is not happening, at all, why would you even go there instead of talking about the social issues that divide populations and set people against each other, the inequality that compounds it, the prejudice that encourages people to see these problems as arising from ethnic traits and view others as outsiders and foreign rivals?

There are people who like to frame the problem as a racial one solved only by separation, they're bad people with very bad ideas so why would you throw in with that? That's what people are pissed off about - in the current climate you're echoing that rhetoric, and it was never some tortured post-apocalyptic turboracist future scenario - you were talking about America, right now

I apologise if I expressed myself in such a way as to make it appear that I was advocating for this kind of separation in the present day US. I do not. I recognise that whilst tensions exist today, we are not in a situation where the multiracial consensus has entirely collapsed- not even Trump has done this. There are many more initiatives to try before that state of affairs is reached. It would be preferable if the correct initiatives could be implemented to reduce or eliminate racial tension in the United States. I have always believed it prudent to hope for success, but prepare for failure, and any talk of separation I view with this in mind. It is certainly more profitable to discuss methods of reducing or eliminating racial tension arising from inequality in the United States and here at home, which is why I had elected to cease discussion of it until it was recently invoked as a personal indictment. I am no expert when it comes to race-relations and reconciliation, however it is certainly the case that the economic, educational and cultural fortunes of the African, Hispanic and Native American communities must be raised so that they are on par with those of the White American community. There are many ways of achieving this- the enforcement of name-blind recruitment across both public and private sector employment, the establishment of employment quotas in the public sector to ensure that the national demographics of the US are reflected in its civil and public servants, the issuing of all ethnic minority shortlists in elections for legislatures. etc. However, many have argued for these initiatives before me and with greater eloquence and knowledge. As such, I thought it better to discuss the regrettable necessity of planning for a future in which said initiatives failed. On this point, I was probably mistaken.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Gonzo McFee posted:

How dare you dox me and my cow of a sister.

Nice try Raj

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I will fight Lord_Adonis at 18:34 every weekday night outside the Costa Coffee at the Gunwharf Quays Isle Of Wight Car ferry terminal, and only there. The Gosport and Wight Ryder terminals, and the International Port terminal are simply unacceptable

I will fight anyone, at any place and time.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

jabby posted:

Such a bizarre line of thinking. You start off by admitting races essentially don't exist, and people can't actually be divided up by race. Then you invent a scenario where everyone has self-divided into races and started fighting each other, and want to discuss it. It's entirely contradictory

Actually it's not. It's valid to argue that all men are equal and yet if people insist on using social constructs for race - or gender, or anything else really - we have two choices. Either we educate everyone out of their bad habit, or if that proves impossible we adapt society to reduce and preferably eliminate the discord caused by our fundamental inability as human beings to say "that person is no better or worse than I am just because he's different".

Where Adonis's argument collapses is that it's been proven possible to re-educate people in the great majority of cases. Thus, any attempt to reorganise society is pandering to the minority who cannot or will not change. To put it more simply, the creation of ethnically divided states is racist no matter how pure the intent.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I will fight anyone, at any place and time.

I won't. I need to be mentally prepared and comfortable which is why the time and locations I have stated are acceptable

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I won't. I need to be mentally prepared and comfortable which is why the time and locations I have stated are acceptable

Your dentistry must be re-arranged!

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Jedit posted:

Actually it's not. It's valid to argue that all men are equal and yet if people insist on using social constructs for race - or gender, or anything else really - we have two choices. Either we educate everyone out of their bad habit, or if that proves impossible we adapt society to reduce and preferably eliminate the discord caused by our fundamental inability as human beings to say "that person is no better or worse than I am just because he's different".

Where Adonis's argument collapses is that it's been proven possible to re-educate people in the great majority of cases. Thus, any attempt to reorganise society is pandering to the minority who cannot or will not change. To put it more simply, the creation of ethnically divided states is racist no matter how pure the intent.

Except racial background is basically infinitely variable, so there's no way this race war could ever come to pass on a national or international scale. However many people chose to identify with a certain racial group there would be huge numbers who didn't. So yes, some people could engage in conflict based on their ideas of race. But it doesn't in any way follow that their ideas of race are correct or could be applied to the rest of us.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

jabby posted:

Except racial background is basically infinitely variable, so there's no way this race war could ever come to pass on a national or international scale. However many people chose to identify with a certain racial group there would be huge numbers who didn't. So yes, some people could engage in conflict based on their ideas of race. But it doesn't in any way follow that their ideas of race are correct or could be applied to the rest of us.

Which is why the ultimate end of Fascism is one man alone in a room beating himself up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

Which is why the ultimate end of Fascism is one man alone in a room beating himself up.

And so it comes full circle back to Damien Green.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lord_Adonis posted:

Your address please.

by the time you'll have saved up for the plane ticket you're gonna need a visa, brexit boy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Cultural Marxist posted:

You don’t advocate for genocide, but you do agree that “In the ultimate sense” a policy of kill whitey “would work”.

Ok then.

white people are terrible tbf

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

by the time you'll have saved up for the plane ticket you're gonna need a visa, brexit boy

:drat:

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

jabby posted:

Such a bizarre line of thinking. You start off by admitting races essentially don't exist, and people can't actually be divided up by race. Then you invent a scenario where everyone has self-divided into races and started fighting each other, and want to discuss it. It's entirely contradictory and the fact that you talk about the second part even semi-seriously makes people think you don't actually believe the first part. That's why people think you're racist.

Biological races do not exist, and nature in and of itself does not divide by race. Unfortunately, the historical experience of European colonisation of the Americas, dispossession of the Native Americans and the transatlantic slave trade have engineered racial differences on a purely political and economic basis- race is a social construct. Racial difference in the United States is seen most clearly through the lens of social, political and economic inequality, which are the harbingers of racial tension. It is not the case that people simply elected to 'self-divide' by race by some innate biological impulse- they came about over generations of material inequality that enabled the White elites to maintain African Americans as slaves and then a dispossessed labour class by the granting of certain privileges of political representation, suffrage and property to poorer Whites- which ultimately resulted in the inequality and oppressor-oppressed dynamic that we see today. This has created an understandable tension between oppressed and oppressor. This is ultimately the basis of racial difference in the United States and unfortunately, makes race a reality. People have not consciously 'self-divided' into different races- a history of inequality has done that. This division is best resolved by efforts to reduce the inequality that is the basis of race. However, if the White majority refuses to make sufficient effort to end this inequality, then conflict fostered by this inequality and fought along racial lines is a foreseeable consequence, followed by a desire to separate from an oppressor. My discussion of ethno-states only related to the mitigation of violence should this state of affairs be reached. I must stress that the preferable course is one of racial reconciliation by reducing inequality within the United States and without any kind of racial separation.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

lol

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

I am entirely and unequivocally against Brexit, and would be willing to smash teeth to prevent it.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
what the gently caress is going on

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
e:^^^^ dogpiling on a guy with mental issues, I think?

Lord_Adonis posted:

I am entirely and unequivocally against Brexit.

All British are brexit boys, just like everyone on the left is a soy boy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

you're an ethnic cleansing supporting Nazi, we get it. Now get to loving the gently caress off

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lord_Adonis posted:

I'm starting to see the benefits

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

And so it comes full circle back to Damien Green.

Beating himself up, you wazzock, not beating himself off.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lord_Adonis posted:

I am a real Remaniac
Fight for the right to work and wank
I am a real remaniac
fight for what's right
KEEP BRIXTON WHITE

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

WeAreTheRomans posted:

e:^^^^ dogpiling on a guy with mental issues, I think?

All British are brexit boys, just like everyone on the left is a soy boy

I refuse to accept being stripped of my EU citizenship. I will erect a tent in the Sonian Forest and inhabit it as a form of protest to prevent it. I am an EU citizen- NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO DEPRIVE ME OF THIS. I would be happy to meet David Davis somewhere to prove this point.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

communism bitch posted:

what the gently caress is going on

We're trying to work out Cardassian - Ferengi relations and its not going too well...

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

Gonzo McFee posted:

I am a real Remaniac
Fight for the right to work and wank
I am a real remaniac
fight for what's right
KEEP BRIXTON WHITE

gently caress you bully. I am pro immigration and declare that refugees are welcome here.

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

you're an ethnic cleansing supporting Nazi, we get it. Now get to loving the gently caress off

That is as yet unproven. Call a moderator if you want me to gently caress off. I have the right to defend myself.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

Beating himself up, you wazzock, not beating himself off.

Don't kinkshame.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lord_Adonis posted:

I refuse to accept being stripped of my EU citizenship. I will erect a tent in the Sonian Forest and inhabit it as a form of protest to prevent it. I am an EU citizen- NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO DEPRIVE ME OF THIS. I would be happy to meet David Davis somewhere to prove this point.

I'm gonna come to that forest and beat the poo poo out of you and smash up your tent

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

Jedit posted:

I agree that it would be vastly preferable to re-educate racial supremacists and nationalists. If this can be done effectively, then there should be no need for any kind of separation.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I skip ahead five pages and you're still having this loving argument? Haven't you guys already had this one about four times as well?

Eagerly waiting to see how you lot manage to one-up us in the Incompetence Rally. I think we've just pulled ahead pretty hard, but Britain has been repeatedly surprising in the last few years.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Lord_Adonis posted:

That is as yet unproven. Call a moderator if you want me to gently caress off. I have the right to defend myself.

trust me, a moderator has been called on pretty much every post you've made tonight, but you keep calling yourself not a racist, I'm sure it'll help you sleep at night. You oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I'm gonna come to that forest and beat the poo poo out of you and smash up your tent

I'd like to see that.

• Locked thread