Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I wonder if Mueller's strategy is to build a criminal case against Trump, or charge the poo poo out of everyone around him and let the trials speak for themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

psydude posted:

I wonder if Mueller's strategy is to build a criminal case against Trump, or charge the poo poo out of everyone around him and let the trials speak for themselves.

Whynotboth.gif

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I somewhat imagine that the senate investigating committee is set up as the trigger so mueller keeps putting everyone trump cares about in chains until trump’s hand is forced and he fires mueller, and then mueller gives the kicker to the senate committee who’s then immediately able to file impeachment charges against trump for clear obstruction and other illegalities. Mueller plays 4d chess while trump plays whack-a-mole.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blind Rasputin posted:

I somewhat imagine that the senate investigating committee is set up as the trigger so mueller keeps putting everyone trump cares about in chains until trump’s hand is forced and he fires mueller, and then mueller gives the kicker to the senate committee who’s then immediately able to file impeachment charges against trump for clear obstruction and other illegalities. Mueller plays 4d chess while trump plays whack-a-mole.

Impeachment will not pass with this congress.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Any charges against the president of the US would automatically be headed for the supreme court, since there's no precedent for a sitting president being charged while he's in office. Throwing his entire family, campaign, and cabinet in prison has a higher chance of succeeding while still letting Congress impeach him.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

FAUXTON posted:

Impeachment will not pass with this congress.

Yeah. He’d have to not only eat babies on TV, but eat GOP Congress members babies.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Or Mueller is hoping to hold out for the midterm elections and crossing his fingers.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/937009631662104578

Mueller's all "I've been working on this case for a year and he just...tweeted it out"

I though the story was that Flynn resigned before Trump had decided what to do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0401_story.html

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah. He’d have to not only eat babies on TV, but eat GOP Congress members babies.

Moore abused a bunch of red state teenagers and he's going to get elected. Republicans would find a way to rationalize Trump's good, Christian evangelical court picks as an excuse for baby eating.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Blind Rasputin posted:

The vote to impeach happens in the House, the Senate votes to convict.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i told yall back in 2016 and its still true. Trump could ride the corpse of Chris Kyle throw a rainbow of mexican hooker piss while eating a child and he wouldn't lose a loving vote.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I wonder what are SecDef is doing these days.

Being in cahoots with the Russians is pretty big deal.

Just saying.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mattis is sitting alone in the dark in his office trying to drink himself to death.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mattis trying to book a seat on Elon's tesla to mars

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The new hotness in the right wing media is painting Flynn as an unreliable witness because he lies a lot.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Mattis is sitting alone in the dark in his office trying to drink himself to death.

While stripping and cleaning his 1911 in the dark, muttering to himself "It will be over soon".

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

The new hotness in the right wing media is painting Flynn as an unreliable witness because he lies a lot.

Yo I wonder who else we know that fits that criteria

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I really don't want to experience a recession as an adult.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Lol if you’re not still in

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I'm picturing like, Mgs4 Old Mattis sitting at the cemetary with his pistol in his mouth

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

Lol if you’re not still in
Stay in: Maybe die in some horrible place.
Get out: Hope you like the taste of squirrel and ketchup soup.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Stay in: Maybe die in some horrible place.
Get out: Hope you like the taste of squirrel and ketchup soup.

Squirrel AND Ketchup? Heh, son, looks like we got a Rockefeller here...

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Maybe I'll finally buy a house once poo poo dumps some of its massively inflated value. Been too bubble feeling for a while now.

Thanks, Congress?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

I really don't want to experience a recession as an adult.

Oh it's gonna be a loving good 'un too after a quick look at this poo poo show of a tax bill. 2008 ain't got poo poo on what's brewing.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Laranzu posted:

Maybe I'll finally buy a house once poo poo dumps some of its massively inflated value. Been too bubble feeling for a while now.

Thanks, Congress?

Except the tax incentive will be gone, so why bother?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Of course I'm in college.
And just bought a house.

Thanks, Obama. Why couldn't you follow through on the Info Wars promised dictatorship?

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
I'm at Vail this weekend, hoped to take my dad skiing as a christmas/bday present. Dude's a die hard Republican but even he's deflsted about this poo poo. Also, we can't ski. There's no snow, and the tax bill is poo poo.

I feel like my only recourse is to post this:
https://youtu.be/AjPau5QYtYs

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I always prefer conducting business via email because it creates a written record, it's searchable, and I'm not doing anything illegal.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/937064902841241600

Kind of a problem for Trump people to do stuff via email. BUT HER EMAAAAAAILS

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

Oh it's gonna be a loving good 'un too after a quick look at this poo poo show of a tax bill. 2008 ain't got poo poo on what's brewing.

Oh yeah. Ten seconds after they get their tax cut, major banks will take a hatchet to new business loans, interest rates go up 5 points, new house construction dries up...2008 on amphetamines baby.

In other news, Trump may be violently unstable:

quote:

In a section of the book written by Lewandowski, Trump is described as flying on his helicopter when he learns that Manafort has said “Trump shouldn’t be on television anymore, that he shouldn’t be on the Sunday shows” and that Manafort should appear instead. Trump was angrier than Lewandowski had ever seen him, ordering the pilot to lower the altitude so he could make a cellphone call.

“Did you say I shouldn’t be on TV on Sunday? I’ll go on TV anytime I g--dam f---ing want and you won’t say another f---ing word about me!” Trump yelled at Manafort, according to Lewandowski. “Tone it down? I wanna turn it up! . . . You’re a political pro? Let me tell you something. I’m a pro at life. I’ve been around a time or two. I know guys like you, with your hair and skin . . .”

Lewandowski called it “one of the greatest takedowns in the history of the world.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.64c2fa77c0f1

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

Lewandowski called it “one of the greatest takedowns in the history of the world.”

:smugbert: Heh, lookit that noob. Our Dead Gay Ivory Tower issues take downs like that once every hour.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This is about as pessimistic as I've been since the election. loving assholes are going to destroy everything because morons can't remember anything before 2009 plus a bunch of voting out of resentment. I finally feel like my life is really moving forward and these shitbags are going to tank it.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Guys like you! With your hair and your skin! :argh:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Canemacar posted:

Guys like you! With your hair and your skin! :argh:

Donald Trump has shown, time and time again, that he is not a human being but rather a throbbing, shrieking clump of Void Crabs wearing a skin suit. This was made abundantly clear during the last debate when the seams of his human suit tore open and spilled forth a hissing pile of black ooze, tentacles and claws.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

orange juche posted:

Donald Trump has shown, time and time again, that he is not a human being but rather a throbbing, shrieking clump of Void Crabs wearing a skin suit. This was made abundantly clear during the last debate when the seams of his human suit tore open and spilled forth a hissing pile of black ooze, tentacles and claws.

Hey now, it’s not 2018 yet.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Didn't Trump outright say he could shoot someone in the street and not lose a single vote?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

sharknado slashfic posted:

I strenuously avoid Fox News, but I caught a couple minutes in the break room after shift change last night.

Hooooo boy, they really pulled out all the stops to cry about how unimportant this is.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Didn't Trump outright say he could shoot someone in the street and not lose a single vote?

He did and we all laughed at how ridiculous it was :cripes:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Rasputin posted:

The senate presides over and votes on articles of impeachment- the House has to draft and pass those articles. There is not a constitutional mechanism to impeach from the senate.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Arc Light posted:

I strenuously avoid Fox News, but I caught a couple minutes in the break room after shift change last night.

Hooooo boy, they really pulled out all the stops to cry about how unimportant this is.

Get used to that.

"Why is everyone talking about how Trump killed a hooker, but no one is talking about Hillary Clinton's uranium emails?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

BigDave posted:

Get used to that.

"Why is everyone talking about how Trump killed a hooker, but no one is talking about Hillary Clinton's uranium emails?!"

Yea, you shouldn't bleach uranium emails!

• Locked thread