Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Nasuverse rules exist to be broken.

Humans and heroic spirits are on totally different operating systems, there's no way a human could defeat the most powerful heroic spirit with a weapon designed to kill every heroic spirit and a reality destroying sword.
That rule was stated by Rin, and even then she stated its a general rule because of how much advantage they had in specs, and she was already trying to fight Servants with jewels even after and before uttering that 'rule'. Actually fighting servants requires the proper tool and situational advantage, basically preparations. You don't do a spontaneous direct fight.

quote:

Humans and True Ancestors are on totally different operating systems, there's no way a human could beat the strongest True Ancestor.
I don't remember that being stated, the point was more about Arcueid being immune to most weapons. While Shiki have one of the rarest ability in-universe that allows skip most defense measures. And having his assassin training pretty much beaten into his body.
And it typically was always about him having the situational advantage, like in the first encounter Arcueid didn't even register Shiki as a threat that would suddenly attack her.

Again, having the proper tool and situational advantage

quote:

Humans and the Ultimate Ones are on totally different operating systems, there's no way an unmodified human could ever beat Type Venus.

Etc etc.

Again having the proper tool and the opportunity to use them. the Black Barrel was a conceptual weapon excavated from the sealed region of Atlasia.

Most of Nasuverse is all about having the proper tools and stacking the deck with situational advantages. Most victories were achieved because of stacking the deck with those factors.
You rarely ever seen a straightforward direct fight.

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Freak Futanari posted:

Looks like she's a new Foreigner class

You could almost say that she's cold as ice. Or maybe she's secretly hot blooded? She just wants to know what love is, is what I'm getting at.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tired: shimosa is a makai tensho ripoff
wired: nasus obsessed with bloodborne and now he's channeling it into fgo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

could hercules beat broly

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who cooks the better lunch Tamamo or Tamamo Cat

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Trick question the answer is Emiya

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the answer is infinite pancakes b8tch

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Captain Baal posted:

Trick question the answer is Emiya

but WHICH EMIYA

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/chromless/status/936567146162765824

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, the foreigner class is weak to Alter Egos. Recently JP got a welfare Alter Ego, so just about everyone going into Salem has one good awesome counter to Lovecraftian stuff.

So whats probably going down right now is a lot of Mecha-Eli-chan vs Yog-Shoggoth.

Welcome to F/GO motherfuckers.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I legit love that I guess the next storyline campaign for Fate is going from awh poo poo solomon-kinda-sorta is gonna destroy the world to awh poo poo, it's loving cthulhu

Assuming this isn't just a swerve.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I am glad FG/O is turning into Carnival Phantasm 2.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

Sure, if the writer wants him to.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
guys i think it's very important you all know that this game about evil female king arthur dressing up as santa and punching grown men pretending to be babies is not taking the lovecraft mythos seriously enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ashsaber posted:

So, the foreigner class is weak to Alter Egos. Recently JP got a welfare Alter Ego, so just about everyone going into Salem has one good awesome counter to Lovecraftian stuff.

So whats probably going down right now is a lot of Mecha-Eli-chan vs Yog-Shoggoth.

Welcome to F/GO motherfuckers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

guys i think it's very important you all know that this game about evil female king arthur dressing up as santa and punching grown men pretending to be babies is not taking the lovecraft mythos seriously enough!!!!!!!!!!!
lovecrafts mythos deserves to be owned by mecha-liz and santa king arthur, its all vague racism disguised as cosmic horror. oh yeah i bet it would be worldbendingly awful if two people of different races had a kid

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Endorph posted:

yes because Broly only knows punches and ki blasts, so he kills Heracles twice and then he can't kill him the rest of the times.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yep that's a pig

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

lovecrafts mythos deserves to be owned by mecha-liz and santa king arthur, its all vague racism disguised as cosmic horror. oh yeah i bet it would be worldbendingly awful if two people of different races had a kid

i liked geronimo's primer on genocide before you go to salem

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Space Flower posted:

i liked geronimo's primer on genocide before you go to salem

geronimo smacking down on edison was Extremely Good

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I think the real question isn't whether or not we're disrespecting the rather aged stories of a racist anti-semite, the question is whether or not we're disrespecting them enough.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Turning racist allegories into cute girls and heartfelt stories about people doing their best is the Fate Experience

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Found a leak of the JP 2017 Xmas servant:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Can I turn Cthulhu into pig with Circe NP and then bake it with Kiyohime Lancer NP to turn it into bacon?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Then use Tamamo Cat's NP so she can eat the bacon!

This NP makes me smile every time. :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I think the real question isn't whether or not we're disrespecting the rather aged stories of a racist anti-semite, the question is whether or not we're disrespecting them enough.

It's not even disrespectful, reading the Salem story stuff it's pretty clear that whoever wrote it knew their Mythos cause there's a lot of clues and refs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

salem is meteo hoshizora im p. sure

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Plutonis posted:

It's not even disrespectful, reading the Salem story stuff it's pretty clear that whoever wrote it knew their Mythos cause there's a lot of clues and refs

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san has some deep Lovecraft cuts too, but I'm not sure that necessarily makes a thing "respectful" (whatever that means, anyway...) Certainly doesn't make it serious, at any rate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i still have no idea what the gently caress w/r/t bb and her crew from ccc

why big hand

why big baps

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they're all manifestations of men's bizarre sexual expectations of women, born from sakura's various delusions and insecurities, hence why they all have these ridiculous characteristics and weird eccentricities

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Good work, Jack

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Endorph posted:

they're all manifestations of men's bizarre sexual expectations of women, born from sakura's various delusions and insecurities, hence why they all have these ridiculous characteristics and weird eccentricities

so she's insecure about her small hands? :sad:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Nah the hands are supposed to represent the 10 weapons of Durga since the Alter Egos are partially created from the concepts of various goddesses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Nah the hands are supposed to represent the 10 weapons of Durga since the Alter Egos are partially created from the concepts of various goddesses.
oh yeah i meantt the boobs

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Passionlip... boobs? Huh, didn’t notice. Easy mistake.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I noticed Circe had different poses for each of her four ascension pics. Is there any other servant that does that?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I noticed Circe had different poses for each of her four ascension pics. Is there any other servant that does that?
babbage

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Archer also changes slightly in that he's holding different weapons in different ways for each Ascension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So when are we getting Old Man Henderson as a servant?