Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I mean we have those two devils that live pretending to be a gold devil, I feel like that must have some grounding? Also CIO's husband went to a ton of trouble to bring her back or whatever, there's good evidence devils have more going on.

Tendales posted:

My prediction: catmaster will die, cat will survive and be adopted by Lucky Felicia, whose survival is not explained at all. Ever.
It'll just be 'They don't call me lucky for nothing!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
my prediction: catmaster and his cat both survive, the cat goes to live in a noodle shop catching and eating the tiny pale devils that nibble on the vegetables after hours, catmaster catapults to the top of throne society by mastering the ultimate cat, you can read more about this in a fanfiction which i will shortly share with you

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
charon's perfectly round eyes were a genius stroke of character design because even though he's otherwise pretty terrifying he just looks so keen all the time :3: also abaddon's done a great job on general lizard movement, lizards are hard to do and most of the time they end up looking like snakes but charon moves like a killer goanna and i appreciate that

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

pokemon posted:

my prediction: catmaster and his cat both survive, the cat goes to live in a noodle shop catching and eating the tiny pale devils that nibble on the vegetables after hours, catmaster catapults to the top of throne society by mastering the ultimate cat, you can read more about this in a fanfiction which i will shortly share with you

are you the ultimate cat

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe

AriadneThread posted:

are you the ultimate cat
i'm actually a goliant bird

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

ekeog posted:

I'm confused why you think the guy who has the hammer pants that say EVIL is an antagonist rather than the best character in the gang.

those are not mutually exclusive

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

Cat Master laying his life on the line to save that cat kinda throws a wrench in Cio's statement that devils don't care for anything but themselves, don't ya think?

Woe be he that mistakes the rider for the steed

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

NachtSieger posted:

Woe be he that mistakes the rider for the steed

Cat Master and his servant, an unnamed pale devil

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
'Why would you ever think it meant master of cats, cats can't have masters you idiot.'

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

pseudorandom name posted:

I want to see a conversation with Solomon David at the very least.

"Ladies."

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

reignonyourparade posted:

'Why would you ever think it meant master of cats, cats can't have masters you idiot.'

Dogs have masters.

Cats have staff.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Poltergrift posted:

It has a name: Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Hiss Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if there's gonna be some oh-poo poo point where Allison deliberately restores Princess to Ebon to get them out of somewhere and then surpringly Vladok sticks around.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Korgan posted:

Dogs have masters.

Cats have staff.

Cat Master is just back there doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILFCDPjwSBw

And Mew Mew Mew Mew kills the targets.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Poltergrift posted:

This would be amazingly hilarious if that's how it turned out.

So sayeth the GENUINE CAT MASTER

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Now I really want fanart of cat master and companion hanging out with Mogrin (doorkeeper of the White Eyed Woman) and companion

Maybe in a park.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if there's gonna be some oh-poo poo point where Allison deliberately restores Princess to Ebon to get them out of somewhere and then surpringly Vladok sticks around.

Princess Vladok's character arc: from staring helplessly at carrots to master airship chef.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

MikeJF posted:

That also depends if Princess turns back into Vladok or not.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
RIP Catmaster/Unnamed Pale Devil, you will be missed :(

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The whole party looks pretty ragged, but based on panels 1 and 9, I suspect there is about to be some deus ex dynamite.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
ding!

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe

Hiveminded posted:

RIP Catmaster/Unnamed Pale Devil, you will be missed :(
i will be sad to lose the unnamed pale devil but there is no way abaddon is going to kill that cat

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
the cats are the beating heart and soul of this comic

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Operant kill the cat

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
mammon will effortlessly destroy the team and then they find out he's lethally allergic to cat hair

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Operant kill the cat

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ban this sick filth

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That cat has weird body language, its back is arched and tail fluffed, but the tail is vertical and ears are up. It's talking nonsense.

I DEMAND ACCURACY.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The cat is simply trying to raise the class consciousness of Mammon's clerics. Teach them about anarcho-syndicalism. Get them in unions. Make them go on strike.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

The cat is simply trying to raise the class consciousness of Mammon's clerics. Teach them about anarcho-syndicalism. Get them in unions. Make them go on strike.

See, that picture makes more sense because the tail is angled instead of vertical and the ears are backwards.

Realistically the tail would probably be bent over though.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 4, 2017

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so they're absolutely blowing up all the dynamite scattered about next comic, right

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

so they're absolutely blowing up all the dynamite scattered about next comic, right

... that probably would've been the a good idea at the start. gently caress you, invisible maze!

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
k6bd has birthed its own tasteful quasi-religious ultraviolence neon eastwestern aesthetic and now i see imitators everywhere and it's great (i like imitators, you don't try to reproduce something unless you really love the original)

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

pokemon posted:

k6bd has birthed its own tasteful quasi-religious ultraviolence neon eastwestern aesthetic and now i see imitators everywhere and it's great (i like imitators, you don't try to reproduce something unless you really love the original)

I'm always up for more of that extremely specific aesthetic. Any particularly good ones you can recommend?

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
unfortunately not, lol

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
even diaz is getting in on it, his latest update was basically k6bd and hellboy mashed brutally together with his characters' names written on the resulting mince in sharpie. most of his pages are like that, basically it's just the last two or three things he read and liked regurgitated as a semi-digested syrup for his audience, as a mother bird does for her child

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

MikeJF posted:

... that probably would've been the a good idea at the start. gently caress you, invisible maze!

I was actually thinking the "ding" might be a calling for all of the clerics to disband and abandon the fight (the alt text also says that "the martyrs have died well"). I'm wondering if Mammon is thinking this whole ordeal is costing him too much and is changing to a drastically cheaper strategy.

The other major idea being CL-11's ghost is posthumously gonna gently caress some poo poo up somehow, but that seems a bit less likely to me.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I thought the ding was the sound of the doors opening as they move through the maze, similar to an elevator when it arrives on the right floor.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

coolusername posted:

I thought the ding was the sound of the doors opening as they move through the maze, similar to an elevator when it arrives on the right floor.

No, if you look at the previous page most of them are the rank necklaces ticking up as their superiors die; the framing on the last one here suggests that one's something different and dramatic, though.

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I was actually thinking the "ding" might be a calling for all of the clerics to disband and abandon the fight (the alt text also says that "the martyrs have died well"). I'm wondering if Mammon is thinking this whole ordeal is costing him too much and is changing to a drastically cheaper strategy.

Oh dear, a demiurge with the power of cost/benefit analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pokemon posted:

even diaz is getting in on it, his latest update was basically k6bd and hellboy mashed brutally together with his characters' names written on the resulting mince in sharpie. most of his pages are like that, basically it's just the last two or three things he read and liked regurgitated as a semi-digested syrup for his audience, as a mother bird does for her child

this made me take a quick peek at dresden codak for the first time in probably 5 years and the current page is literally the main character half naked changing her clothes while gratuitously showing off her various cyborg parts. it's like i never left