Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Yellow, my old nemesis.

Yeah, that's what keeps me from doing Fists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There are alternate Imperial Fist schemes that use mostly black with yellow shoulder pads and accents. However, be warned that making black armor look good requires a ton of edge highlighting.

I have first hand experience on that subject. :shepicide:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
You should do Fists anyway and become TTerrible's emotional support buddy.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Yellow is easy and fun to paint with an airbrush

Booley fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 29, 2017

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Hell, they make an Averland Sunset spray nowadays that does half the work of painting yellow for you.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Booley posted:

Adding these to the OP.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Adding these to the OP.

Thanks! I mostly post in the 40k thread because gently caress templates and gently caress buying another set of rulebooks (until FW finally figure out the new 7.5e rules), but I'm working on some fists using mostly heresy models so I'll try to cross-post them over here when I get them done.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Booley posted:

Thanks! I mostly post in the 40k thread because gently caress templates and gently caress buying another set of rulebooks (until FW finally figure out the new 7.5e rules), but I'm working on some fists using mostly heresy models so I'll try to cross-post them over here when I get them done.

Both your Fists and your Blood Angels are gorgeous and you should post more of them and play them in 30k.

TIA

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Broken Record Talk posted:

Both your Fists and your Blood Angels are gorgeous and you should post more of them and play them in 30k.

TIA

Those 5 are the only finished fists I have, not exactly enough for a full army. With the BA codex coming out in 40k the rest of the army is getting put on the back burner for a few weeks while I work on new things (and wait for GW to make land raiders available again). As soon as FW gets around to releasing the new 30k rulebook I'll pick it up and possibly play 30k, I think there are a bunch of 30k goons here in Seattle area.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Booley posted:

Those 5 are the only finished fists I have, not exactly enough for a full army. With the BA codex coming out in 40k the rest of the army is getting put on the back burner for a few weeks while I work on new things (and wait for GW to make land raiders available again). As soon as FW gets around to releasing the new 30k rulebook I'll pick it up and possibly play 30k, I think there are a bunch of 30k goons here in Seattle area.

What kind of Land Raider(s) do you need? I've got a spare Crusader and Redeemer if you can deal with stripping. They're, unfortunately, my only non-red ones.

The PNW Krew is very alive and well, if you can handle their shennanigans.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Broken Record Talk posted:

What kind of Land Raider(s) do you need? I've got a spare Crusader and Redeemer if you can deal with stripping. They're, unfortunately, my only non-red ones.

The PNW Krew is very alive and well, if you can handle their shennanigans.

I've got plenty of crusader/redeemers, they're available. I need 2 lascannon raiders for the fists, but currently the only way to get them is the talons box.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Booley posted:

Those are gorgeous.

Mind if I ask how you did that yellow?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Cessna posted:

Those are gorgeous.

Mind if I ask how you did that yellow?

Thanks.

Over a light grey/white undercoat: scale 75 Sahara yellow, scale 75 marduk yellow, gw lamenter yellow glaze, gw seraphim sepia recess wash, scale 75 lilith yellow edge highlight

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
The PNW crew have been fighting themselves since grade school. New blood!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Booley posted:

Thanks.

Over a light grey/white undercoat: scale 75 Sahara yellow, scale 75 marduk yellow, gw lamenter yellow glaze, gw seraphim sepia recess wash, scale 75 lilith yellow edge highlight

That sounds crazy easy, and goddamn does it look good.

Somebody go get TTerrible.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Booley posted:

Thursday nights at Meeples games in West Seattle are definitely a thing. There are a number of thread regulars who play there and it’s good times.

If you want to be called a cuckling and get blackout drunk while yelling, feel free to DM Panascope to arrange a slam down in Longview.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Thursday nights at Meeples games in West Seattle are definitely a thing. There are a number of thread regulars who play there and it’s good times.

If you want to be called a cuckling and get blackout drunk while yelling, feel free to DM Panascope to arrange a slam down in Longview.

Do they just play 30k at meeples or is there 40k as well? I mostly play at Bellevue mox but I'm always looking for new places to play.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Booley posted:

Do they just play 30k at meeples or is there 40k as well? I mostly play at Bellevue mox but I'm always looking for new places to play.

I’d say most Thursdays it’s 3 or 4 40k games and 1 or 2 30k games.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Booley posted:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Universal-Templates-fw-2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

gently caress templates
Stop it. You'll make BULBASAUR cry. :smith:

:unsmigghh:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Booley posted:

Most of the assholes at Meeples run quad mortar batteries so you'll overcome your fear of templates quickly.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

The real PNW krew plays in a barn deep in the south, of Washington, only Horus Heresy though because we don't play kid games like 40k.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk posted:

Most of the assholes at Meeples run quad mortar batteries so you'll overcome your fear of templates quickly.

Meeples is cool for the beer, but the tables and terrain are kinda meh imo. I'm working on my own table for possible garage30k in 2018

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Meeples is cool for the beer, but the tables and terrain are kinda meh imo. I'm working on my own table for possible garage30k in 2018

How does meeples feel about bringing your own terrain in?
I'm working on my own set of terrain right now, but I don't have a garage to play in.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I dunno... probably? I made a big rear end textured mat and I think TKWG has some hills. Combine with your poo poo and it's a ham party.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Booley posted:

How does meeples feel about bringing your own terrain in?
I'm working on my own set of terrain right now, but I don't have a garage to play in.

All for it! There’s room to store it there if you choose, but also feel free to ferry it with you.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Meeples is p much a beer and tiny mans commune. From each according to his ability, to each according to how many quad mortars his opponent took, get rekt scrublord.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
I’m starting an EC army focusing on fluff, what I’m strugglimg with is they benefit from manoeuvrability and speed but I find none of the transport options feel quite right.

Any thoughts? Is there a book that has them hooning around in Rhinos? Or can EC effectively foot slog?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
EC are about choosing your fights and doing it before the other guy. They don't get any perks for foot slogging. You wanna run your main ROW and come up with 3-4 unit combos (IE: lightning comes in and pops tank, seeker squad appears from outflank and rapid fires contents) or run the noise marine ROW and go mostly shooty.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
:toxx: Complete, Introducing the worst painted result of our suicide pact because I have neither: Talent, Patience, Steady Hands, or Skill.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

BULBASAUR posted:

EC are about choosing your fights and doing it before the other guy. They don't get any perks for foot slogging. You wanna run your main ROW and come up with 3-4 unit combos (IE: lightning comes in and pops tank, seeker squad appears from outflank and rapid fires contents) or run the noise marine ROW and go mostly shooty.

Cheers.

Also am I missing something, it looks like 30k Cataphractii are on 32mm bases, the 40k ones are on 40mm? Can you use the 40k versions in Horus Heresy games or do you need to change the base size?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Venom Soag posted:

Cheers.

Also am I missing something, it looks like 30k Cataphractii are on 32mm bases, the 40k ones are on 40mm? Can you use the 40k versions in Horus Heresy games or do you need to change the base size?
Cataphractii are definitely on 40mm bases in both systems, as are all terminators. They're the same models.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Safety Factor posted:

Cataphractii are definitely on 40mm bases in both systems, as are all terminators. They're the same models.

gently caress knows where I pulled 32mm out from then. Thanks again!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Venom Soag posted:

gently caress knows where I pulled 32mm out from then. Thanks again!

Basically everything else for Marines is on 32mm now, so it's usually a safe guess!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Venom Soag posted:

I’m starting an EC army focusing on fluff, what I’m strugglimg with is they benefit from manoeuvrability and speed but I find none of the transport options feel quite right.

Any thoughts? Is there a book that has them hooning around in Rhinos? Or can EC effectively foot slog?

Always play the Beautiful Boys. :sparkles:

My Emperor's Children are all in Rhinos for the same reason, but if I really wanted to take advantage of the Legion rules I would consider doing Armored Assault. Unfortunately Maru Skara is the main advantage EC have so...

Kakophoni don't real vibe with my EC aesthetics, but the 3rd Company list is certainly one of the stronger ways to take the army.

One of the best things about Horus Heresy is that everybody can really do everything. The lists and rites are balanced well enough that you can make a fun flavorful army out of almost anything. Just pick your favorite mans and go!

Edit: Definitely consider taking a Storm Eagle with Maru Skara. Choosing the turn in comes in from the side really helps you Phoenix Spear what you need to.

Lord_Hambrose fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 3, 2017

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

:toxx: complete! This guy has been sitting mostly completed on my desk for the last couple of months. I finally decided to buckle down and get him done

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That's lovely. How did you do the stone he's standing on?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

That's lovely. How did you do the stone he's standing on everything?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Always play the Beautiful Boys. :sparkles:

My Emperor's Children are all in Rhinos for the same reason, but if I really wanted to take advantage of the Legion rules I would consider doing Armored Assault. Unfortunately Maru Skara is the main advantage EC have so...

Kakophoni don't real vibe with my EC aesthetics, but the 3rd Company list is certainly one of the stronger ways to take the army.

One of the best things about Horus Heresy is that everybody can really do everything. The lists and rites are balanced well enough that you can make a fun flavorful army out of almost anything. Just pick your favorite mans and go!

Edit: Definitely consider taking a Storm Eagle with Maru Skara. Choosing the turn in comes in from the side really helps you Phoenix Spear what you need to.

STORM EAGLES! Of course! That answers my earlier question too, as in Fulgrim: the Palatine Phoenix the ECs use them all the time!

I used to play a 40k all- noise marine army, and as much as I love the kakophoni I was interested in playing Emperor’s Children more as skilled melee duellists/tactical perfectionists instead of just walls of screams again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Venom Soag posted:

I was interested in playing Emperor’s Children more as skilled melee duellists/tactical perfectionists instead of just walls of screams again.

:sparkles::hf::sparkles: