Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
the only things I seem to feel anymore are anger and indifference

what the gently caress happened that we went from shows like Space Dandy and Hellsing to poo poo like this

like, what the gently caress, man. Are we only on this Earth to suffer the slings and arrows of mediocrity and incompetance, or is there meant to be some kind of point to this bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Pisses me off we never got reruns of Dandy s2.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Argus Zant posted:

the only things I seem to feel anymore are anger and indifference

what the gently caress happened that we went from shows like Space Dandy and Hellsing to poo poo like this

like, what the gently caress, man. Are we only on this Earth to suffer the slings and arrows of mediocrity and incompetance, or is there meant to be some kind of point to this bullshit?

It's a cartoon block, calm down.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also let's not pretend Hellsing is that great, it's a solid action show but that is about it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
How to get Majin Buu to listen to you:

x Promise him candy.
x Be nice and reasonable towards him.
> Savagely insult your only remaining henchman until he decides to kill you.

I will become a Pokemon Master King of the Pirates Hokage Shaman King King of Games the Wizard King!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also let's not pretend Hellsing is that great, it's a solid action show but that is about it.
It's no Black Lagoon.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I will become a Pokemon Master King of the Pirates Hokage Shaman King King of Games the Wizard King!

Yugi didn't even want his, he was just trying to get his Grandpa back, it happened midway through the series, and it ended up being an albatross around his neck as assholes kept challenging him for the title.

I wish more shonen did that, honestly.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt

Dirttube starts in a few

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Luffy punched a guy so hard he turned into a plant.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also it looks like I was wrong about what episode of Super would be next week. This episode is probably better than the one I described though.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Breaking news: One Piece Movie 6 Actually Pretty Awesome.

It turns out there's some freakin' weird Akira-class poo poo in the Grand Line!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Yugi didn't even want his, he was just trying to get his Grandpa back, it happened midway through the series, and it ended up being an albatross around his neck as assholes kept challenging him for the title.

I wish more shonen did that, honestly.

Pretend I was talking about Kaiba. :v:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

http://www.strawpoll.me/14484252
Hey so, we finished Samurai Gun. Here are some choices for it's replacement.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How did Tom stop future Sara?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SARA came to her senses and blew up the Vindication.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Hey Waffleman, did you still want suggestions for stuff to show on Christmas? I found one or two things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Let 'em rip.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Nothing to see here.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 27, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I saw 'em.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

At first, I thought it was just going to be a run of episodes which didn't air last season (it was advertised to be 13, but they only aired 9), but this is apparently a 10 episode season of Squidbillies- the four carryovers plus six more.

That's a pleasant surprise.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So I think I found something I definitely want waffle to show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, we are absolutely.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I've watched that trailer so many times.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Goonami has a mascot.

Also I'm gonna be heading home earlier than I thought, so I'm gonna use the 16th as a barometer for how well I'll be able to stream on mobile before Christmas proper.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST TIME

Dragon Ball Super: Super Shenron is big! Also U6 has Earth back.

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Gotenks is still poo poo and Buu's dog is shot.

Stardust Crusaders: Star Platinum can succ.

Hunter x Hunter: With two of the members of Team Genthru down, Gon is left in a standoff with just Genthru himself. Everything Gon and his team had planned were coming together. Selfishly though, Gon decides to temporarily ignore the plan because he wanted to try something out, getting badly damaged in the process. Gon finally pulls through as Team Genthru is defeated. With the most dangerous team all tied up and Gon now having collected all 99 reserved card slots, a special game event is due to take place in order to receive the #00 card. But before all that... Gon and his team need to decide how they should use "Breath of Archangel" and whether to use it on themselves or Bomber and his team mates.

Lupin III: Nyx is forced to take back a list of MI6 agents that Lupin wants too, and it turns out that da Vinci took it oh no!

Spice and Wolf: Lawrence and Holo learn that the village is on edge due to negotiations over whether foreign merchants should participate in their fur trade. Holo reveals her fear of being separated from Lawrence at journey's end. A plan is hatched to sell Holo for credit to buy fur. Lawrence digs around town and discovers that our cloaked friend Eve is trading in salt and that the church is making aims to become more powerful in the region.

SPICE AND WOLF ENDS TONIGHT

BLACK CLOVER BEGINS TONIGHT

TOONAMI BEGINS AT 10:30

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I will become the generic anime hero.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Also Dragon Ball Super will no longer air at 8 and 8:30. 10:30 is the premiere slot now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Goonummy

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

BLACK CLOVER BEGINS TONIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ERlMgQLd4

Curious to see if the dub actor can match this amazing performance.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, in case I was slightly interested before, that definitely sealed the nail in that coffin. :stare:

What's up with anime and the stupid, hot-blooded shonen protagonist who wants to be (Coveted Position of Acknowledgement)?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, in case I was slightly interested before, that definitely sealed the nail in that coffin. :stare:

What's up with anime and the stupid, hot-blooded shonen protagonist who wants to be (Coveted Position of Acknowledgement)?

Well, one thing is that One Piece makes all the money. Another is that it lets the hero be proactive. If there's a definite goal to shoot for, then your character always has a motive to get involved in things, rather than waiting for the new villain to make a move.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, one thing is that One Piece makes all the money. Another is that it lets the hero be proactive. If there's a definite goal to shoot for, then your character always has a motive to get involved in things, rather than waiting for the new villain to make a move.

Compare to Bleach, for example, where Ichigo is entirely reactive with no real goals except the ones given to him and is ridiculously terrible as MC as a result

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Oh Snapple! posted:

Compare to Bleach, for example, where Ichigo is entirely reactive with no real goals except the ones given to him and is ridiculously terrible as MC as a result

I appreciate how the Fullbringer Arc brought up that without his soul reaper part-time job, Ichigo is completely aimless with absolutely no other desires, drives, or ambitions in his life.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh by the way, I'm seeing the new Fate/Stay Night movie on Monday, hell yeah.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Toonami's on now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jesus, TOM.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
There is too much Toonami

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dang TOM

Looking kind of haggard there

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Dangerous Person posted:

There is too much Toonami

We need more Toonami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh by the way, I'm seeing the new Fate/Stay Night movie on Monday, hell yeah.

is this the one where Berserker turns out to be Ragnar Lothbrok, or am I thinking of the other one

• Locked thread