Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kinda dissapointed with the reveal that Quake blew up the earth, I was hoping that part tied into Infinity War and Thanos did it. I GUESS she coulda done it trying to kill Thanos. That's canon until proven otherwise:colbert:

Kickass premiere all the same though. When the creepy perfection leader guy had his back to the camera I thought for a sec he'd turn around and it would be a blue faced Fitz

EDIT: lmao that lady has balls and Yondu has a shaft. I love it.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

New theory — I’ve been trying to figure out what threat would be big enough for Quake to blow up the planet, and right now my inner fanboy wants it to be Graviton finally making his return.

Likely? Obviously not. But a man can dream.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Barry Convex posted:

Wait, they’re more like Cardassians

The big human area really reminded me of the Terok Nor scenes from DS9. Then the blue Gul with the entourage of his favorite Bajoranshumans really tied it in.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Yakmouth posted:

New theory — I’ve been trying to figure out what threat would be big enough for Quake to blow up the planet, and right now my inner fanboy wants it to be Graviton finally making his return.

Likely? Obviously not. But a man can dream.

You know what, I actually think you're right.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not even gonna touch time paradoxes here but I'm not 100% sold on Quake blowing up the planet. That seems like the sort of plot device meant to distract us from something else and the guy who told us is very unreliable since that's just him "piecing things together".

Either way I'm very curious to find out about how Fitz is going to save everyone else, again.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hmm. This turned a little bit into Firefly and I'm not super sure if I'm completely into that. (I'm super into Firefly but I don't know if that aesthetic mixes too well with SHIELD)

Well, looking forward to the crazy poo poo coming next either way.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Elentor posted:

I'm not even gonna touch time paradoxes here but I'm not 100% sold on Quake blowing up the planet. That seems like the sort of plot device meant to distract us from something else and the guy who told us is very unreliable since that's just him "piecing things together".

Either way I'm very curious to find out about how Fitz is going to save everyone else, again.

Moreover, how was Daisy supposed to blow up the planet, or do anything at all, while being frozen and zapped through time with the rest? Did they get up to something we haven't seen and have their memories wiped between the diner and the time travel?

On another note, this premiere had a shotgun and Kree axes. I hope Mack can find some duct tape.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jemma how are you still this stupid after so many seasons. Daisy too. Keep stirring poo poo up before you even get a grasp of the situation lol

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Jemma how are you still this stupid after so many seasons. Daisy too. Keep stirring poo poo up before you even get a grasp of the situation lol

Jemma knows she's one of the most powerful entities in the MCU, combining plot armor, TV show scientist powers, also TV shows scientist powers scaled to being in a super-hero universe, being genre-savvy enough to hide them when needed, ability to outsmart/defend herself from field agents, and at this point they all suffer severe survivor's bias + paranoia (like the one that they're in the framework) + delusions that they can get away with whatever because in her own words this isn't new to her and at least this time it's not Cthulhu.

Plus they have a message from the other most powerful entity in the MCU, Fitz, that he's fully aware of what's going on and by the end of this season they'll be like Batman, Iron-Man and BBC's Sherlock combined if they could regularly tear holes into space-time to save whomever they see fit. They already act stupid, pull magical scientific solutions out of nowhere and claim it's not magic, and might have blown up the world accidentally - at this point they're at most a few drinks away from being Rick.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BreakAtmo posted:

Moreover, how was Daisy supposed to blow up the planet, or do anything at all, while being frozen and zapped through time with the rest? Did they get up to something we haven't seen and have their memories wiped between the diner and the time travel?

On another note, this premiere had a shotgun and Kree axes. I hope Mack can find some duct tape.

Future Trunks version of Time Travel.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Is there any haircut less trustworthy than a Caesar cut?

Also, Kree purge is hosed up

Came here for that exact comment.

Julius Kreesar

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

BreakAtmo posted:

We have to assume at some point they're going to end up going back in time to try and fix what happened, that just seems like a given. My guess is the first half of the season will be on the Lighthouse trying to escape/find a portal, and the second back on Earth trying to put right what once went wrong.

The confusing part is why the alien g-man dude sent them forward in time in the first place, was that part of Virgil's plan? The way he was talking made it sound like they were already the saviours of Earth somehow but then how would he even know when in this timeline Earth was destroyed and Daisy got the blame? Uhhh

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who's OP'ing the new thread?

I had a thing half done, but i sort of ran out of steam. Then i watched it and now i can't be hosed.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
"planet of the roaches now"

Are the killer bugs actually cockroach mutants?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wouldn't bet on SWORD showing up as some have suggested, if only because it seems like that's where Legion is going. I guess it depends on who has the license.

Elentor posted:

Couple that with Tess saying everyone's got their own story of how it "really" happened.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
I think Fitz started the rumor that SHIELD would save the day. Virgil had the note after all.

Didn't we already go through "Daisy is too powerful!!!" in season 2? Which was reduced to "her power fucks up her arms if she doesn't wear her gloves" by season 4. We haven't seen any indications so far that her power is Jean Grey levels of dangerous.

Does she have her gloves? I wasn't paying attention to that in the broadcast.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

Kickass premiere all the same though. When the creepy perfection leader guy had his back to the camera I thought for a sec he'd turn around and it would be a blue faced Fitz

I was absolutely convinced that would happen, even though (or maybe because) it wouldn't have made a blind bit of sense.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Charles Gnarwin posted:

A time-traveling dystopian space storyline is so loving comic book and I love it.

Agreed. Good start. A lot of things to develop upon for a whole season -- I am assuming this arc will last the whole season and we won't have multiple major arcs like last year, but that's only because I like the new premise and I think there's lots of potential to it.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Glad to see Julie Mao, even away from the protomolecule, rocks that blue hue.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Huh, I didn't really enjoy that... It's probably the dark dystopian mood lighting. Not a big fan of that. But then again, that's a cost cutting measure, so whatever. Maybe it will be fun again. I miss Aida.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
If the show wanted to cut costs, why would they scrap the shield base set that they have been using the last few seasons? Not to mention that a lot of work went into making those spaceships.

I hope they continue dividing the season into parts, i would hate it if Fitz was going to be kept away from the rest of the cast until the end.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Maybe this is the ultimate goal of the skinman who sent the team to the future with the white monolith: get Fitz to have to create a working time machine. The bastards found out he could recreate a portal to another world, so they are perfecting the technique of Fitzism.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

Agreed. Good start. A lot of things to develop upon for a whole season -- I am assuming this arc will last the whole season and we won't have multiple major arcs like last year, but that's only because I like the new premise and I think there's lots of potential to it.

I’m guessing a two-parter, at least: Part 1 to get the team back to their own time, part 2 to deal with whatever caused Daisy (if it was Daisy) to destroy the planet in the first place.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Oasx posted:

If the show wanted to cut costs, why would they scrap the shield base set that they have been using the last few seasons? Not to mention that a lot of work went into making those spaceships.

I hope they continue dividing the season into parts, i would hate it if Fitz was going to be kept away from the rest of the cast until the end.

Pretty sure they just kept them and glued a bunch of junk to the walls.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elentor posted:

Blowing up the Earth was Fitz' plan.

I mean it's not ideal, but now we can't make another season of Inhumans, so.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Chokes McGee posted:

Blowing up the Earth was Fitz' plan.

I mean it's not ideal, but now we can't make another season of Inhumans, so.

Worth the cost.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm not convinced that Daisy blew up the planet because she has never demonstrated that level of power and the only person saying that is a guy who just pieced together tiny bits of history. For all we know, he got some Watchdog propaganda about the danger of inhumans and extrapolated.

Also, if Fitz was allowed to talk to MCU film characters, he could just ask Dr. Strange to solve this whole mess in about 5 minutes.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm guessing there was a fight with a bad guy (Graviton most likely) that causes some kind of vibrational feedback loop that gets stronger and stronger until it cracks the planet open like a coconut

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm doubting Quake destroyed the Earth. Deek even said he had to piece together parts of history to understand what happened.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bring back old gbs posted:

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I was absolutely convinced that would happen, even though (or maybe because) it wouldn't have made a blind bit of sense.

They already did the "Fascist leader turns out to be Fitz with a different haircut" twist last season

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
Everytime someone said Deek's name I had this jingle playing in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG7WC2qGoZg

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Didn’t they make a kind of big deal in the third season that it would be possible to see the future, but you couldn’t change anything?

I mean, I don’t really care, but it is a little sloppy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ashpanash posted:

Didn’t they make a kind of big deal in the third season that it would be possible to see the future, but you couldn’t change anything?

I mean, I don’t really care, but it is a little sloppy.

Little bit different seeing the future and not doing anything, and being Fitz.

Besides... comics have a habit of contradicting themselves, so at least its canon.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

"I used magic!" Jemma bringing on the sass. :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mokinokaro posted:

"planet of the roaches now"

Are the killer bugs actually cockroach mutants?

They drink body fluids and hide in darkness. They're either vampires that mutated after the end of the world, or they're what happens when a vampire bites a Kree.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Maybe some smart Kree bioengineer wondered how you'd have to modify a human to survive there. They don't really think those things through.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I wanna know what space-magic keeps the remains of the earth from collapsing in on itself. That crescent shape doesn't seem very stable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't make any guesses on what is going on at all, but i'm sure Daisy didn't destroy the earth, as there is a reason the Kree A) showed up so quickly B) Don't want history to be known C) have some motive in keeping humans down and stupid.

Like there has to be a reason humans survived and it looks like it was prepared for the destruction of earth.

Also, full disclosure, sexy blue ladies :pervert:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

DarklyDreaming posted:

They drink body fluids and hide in darkness. They're either vampires that mutated after the end of the world, or they're what happens when a vampire bites a Kree.

The one guy referred to them as Vrellnexians, so they probably are just aliens of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm sure the earth is fine. The real earth is cloaked.

• Locked thread