Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

FactsAreUseless posted:

Venture Bros. owns.

I just got done watching the whole series and guess what, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I haven’t ever really gotten into Venture Bros. I’ve seen Home Movies all the way through at least fifty times though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

thecluckmeme posted:

Context: Lord Adonis is a roboman being made fun of for advocating ethnic cleansing, so he's now threatening to fight literally every person in the UK Megathread in D&D

He just posted a BanMe thread in GBS, I guess he's asking to be self-ethnically-cleansed?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Ethical cleansing, really.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

thecluckmeme posted:

Context: Lord Adonis is a roboman being made fun of for advocating ethnic cleansing, so he's now threatening to fight literally every person in the UK Megathread in D&D

He was surprisingly cordial when I told him to stop posting bullshit in the I/P thread because he clearly has no idea what he's talking about. :shrug:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Magic Hate Ball posted:

But we just got a new thread title!

Actually, it's about ethics in forums shitposting.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Intellectual/Property thread?

e: vvvvvvvvv Fair use of lebensraum?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Dec 2, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Karate Bastard posted:

Intellectual/Property thread?

It's the place to keep up with upcoming fair use designations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I haven’t ever really gotten into Venture Bros. I’ve seen Home Movies all the way through at least fifty times though.

This made me think of Dr. Katz, with the result that I am now rewatching Dr. Katz. Two minutes in and lemme just say it is so weird hearing H. Jon Benjamin so young.

e: I also forgot how funny it was.

"Do you fantasize about your mother?"
"Did she tell you that?"

Trig Discipline has a new favorite as of 22:40 on Dec 2, 2017

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Trig Discipline posted:

This made me think of Dr. Katz, with the result that I am now rewatching Dr. Katz. Two minutes in and lemme just say it is so weird hearing H. Jon Benjamin so young.

I have all of Dr. Katz recorded on VHS from the marathon they aired the final episodes in. I also have mp3s and mp4s of other VHS rips and the full series on DVD.

While the DVD set is fantastic, I still mostly listen to the mp3s to go to bed.

It takes some getting used to, is what I'm saying.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Grassy Knowles posted:

I have all of Dr. Katz recorded on VHS from the marathon they aired the final episodes in. I also have mp3s and mp4s of other VHS rips and the full series on DVD.

While the DVD set is fantastic, I still mostly listen to the mp3s to go to bed.

It takes some getting used to, is what I'm saying.

Awesome. I never considered just putting on the mp3s. That’s brilliant.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rodbeard posted:

The 1997 version of the film also completely missed the point. It was turned into a straight love story and Jeremy Irons has publicly defended being attracted to children.

He has also expressed concern that gay marriage legalization will lead to dads marrying sons so they can leave them their estates tax-free, and when told by the interviewer that the law wouldn't allow it because that's incest, claimed that it would only be incest if it was a woman and her son.

Jeremy Irons is hella loving stupid.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Magic Hate Ball posted:

it's actually about ethics in cleaning products

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Actors shouldn't be allowed to express political or social opinions, IMO.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Actors shouldn't be allowed to express political or social opinions, IMO.

They should, but the media shouldn't act like their opinions mean any more of a drat than anyone else's.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lemon-lyme disease posted:

The first season isn't as strong, especially the early eps, but you want to watch it for context for the extremely good season 2-4. 5 and 6 are okay.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

It’s on my list of things to give a fair shake at some point in the near future. You’ve all bumped it up a bit!

I really want to watch Dr. Katz now though.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
From 2015 but it made me guffaw.

quote:

Angie and Donna hired Ed and Lorraine Warren, two established demonologists, to investigate

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I read that as dermatologists, and wondered why a couple of people specializing in skin care knew so much about possession.

canyoneer posted:

The Eczemist

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The first season isn't as strong, especially the early eps, but you want to watch it for context for the extremely good season 2-4. 5 and 6 are okay.

The first season feels like the made episodes out of Venture Bros fan fiction.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
In the thread "What's the proper way to solicit a hooker?"

ElectricSheep posted:

i mean honestly you should be comfortable enough with talking to your mom at this stage of your life

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Choco1980 posted:

In the thread "What's the proper way to solicit a hooker?"

Disappointed at Trig for letting someone else claim this one.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Disappointed at Trig for letting someone else claim this one.

Hey I gotta sleep sometimes.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Trig Discipline posted:

Hey I gotta sleep sometimes.

Sleep is for the weak.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
...with your mom! Ha!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He has also expressed concern that gay marriage legalization will lead to dads marrying sons so they can leave them their estates tax-free, and when told by the interviewer that the law wouldn't allow it because that's incest, claimed that it would only be incest if it was a woman and her son.

Jeremy Irons is hella loving stupid.

I’m surprised that a man who literally lives in a big pink castle* isn’t more in favor of gay rights

*no for real, look it up

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pirate Radar posted:

I’m surprised that a man who literally lives in a big pink castle* isn’t more in favor of gay rights

*no for real, look it up

Dude so far in the closet he finding Christmas presents from Spacey

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm vaguely reminded of hearing about how some people in Japan do the inverse, using adult adoption as a form of gay marriage.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm vaguely reminded of hearing about how some people in Japan do the inverse, using adult adoption as a form of gay marriage.

Which is even weirder, because it wasn't incest until they tried to dodge taxes.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jedit posted:

Which is even weirder, because it wasn't incest until they tried to dodge taxes.

I don’t know if incest is illegal in Japan or not and I’m sure as hell not going to Google that

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
jeremy irons was a powerhouse in the internationally lauded and beloved flight of fantasy, eragon

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

pokemon posted:

jeremy irons was a powerhouse in the internationally lauded and beloved flight of fantasy, eragon

my favorite thing about Eragon was that actual grown-ups made an entire series of commemorative knives

imagine being a fourteen year old twerp and having serious men in the deep south selling knives based on your terrible fan fiction

imagine that not ending in a motel bathtub

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
How much money that fourteen year old twerp made off of his terrible fan fiction, I bet he probably sleeps just fine tbh.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

As the felves, a sui generis race of long-lived forest dwellers that I invented, would say:

i don't care

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pastry of the Year posted:

As the felves, a sui generis race of long-lived forest dwellers that I invented, would say:

i don't care

Not enough apostrophes. Should be the Fel' Ves.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not enough apostrophes. Should be the Fel' Ves.

the fel'ves are mountain dwellers you impossible racist

I'm calling your work

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wait, no! It was a jooooooooooooooooooooooooke

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Australianpunk: Just like cyberpunk except everything is Australian.

"I've gandered at shite you lot couldn't be arsed about. Bog tinnys going tits up at the arse end of orion.
Yours truly has squized c beams twinklin' about in the paki black near that dodgy tosser's gate. All them
moments will be arsed off in the ol' tick tock like.... tears in the piss. Time to bugger off." Australian Roy Batty - Blade Runner: Down Unda!

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

Pastry of the Year posted:

the fel'ves are mountain dwellers you impossible racist

I'm calling your work

I thought I saw some in the desert once, but they turned out to be fel'ves impersonators.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

rodbeard posted:

The 1997 version of the film also completely missed the point. It was turned into a straight love story and Jeremy Irons has publicly defended being attracted to children.

I thought Dominique Swain and Frank Langella both gave great performances, despite the film being such a bellyflop way past not getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Vulgar posted:

I thought I saw some in the desert once, but they turned out to be fel'ves impersonators.

That's just what they want you to think.