Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
simply disgusting, why would you ever steal from goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
u, globby

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Lol already?

The inevitable Goon sandbox game problems/split/pedophile discovery is getting more efficient. We used to have to wait up to a month or two for it in the past.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I wouldn't say it's a split, it's like 4 people out of 80.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
upside: that vampyre guy might have left and he had a super fat idiot voice and i was told he claimed to have stolen 75k usd worth of poo poo in eve in 2013 so he's also a habitual trumpian liar

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

WTF are you talking about i never claimed to still 75K from goons your a loving liar my friend watch your mouth
I left without issue
and as far as sabin goes i have nothing to do with that

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you illiterate turd i didnt say stole from goonfleetswarm

also lmbo telling me of all people to watch my mouth

like what are you going to do, bleat in a gormless monotone at me?

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

Why you have a loving ego problem you Keyboard super hero

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i am without ego and without flaw tyvm

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

Apparently not I dont even know you yet you talk poo poo about me for whatever reason i was nothing but nice to people in Goondor i took nothing when i left ,,, SO ? I have no idea why you would want to fat finger your way around your keyboard to give your unwanted 2 cents about poo poo that matters not too you so when you decide to quit breathing the same air all of us do ill be able to breath better so go back to your hobbit hole and fix some shoes for your fat feet

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
are you esl because I can't understand anything you're trying to say and I need to know if i can rag on your complete butchery of language or not

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

Whatever believe what you want go about your life and carry on

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ty for your permission

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

Your welcome

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Amazing.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

bleat in a gormless monotone at me?

holy poo poo

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Don't worry about Deadtear, his autistic shreaking in mmo hmo threads is about all he's good for these days :smugdon:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I accidentally ran into a moose and it beat my rear end so bad I got brain damage, game is pretty sweet.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 3, 2017

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

I like LIF just one hell of a grind

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We're kinda stuck in a rock and a hard place up here- we stay, and risk running out of easily accessible clay, or we move to where there is an ocean of clay, but wood will always be a huge pain in the rear end for us. The devs set the map up in a way to "encourage trade", except so much of this poo poo is bare minimum requirements to play the game.

Like, trading for high quality metal, I can get, but trading for loving clay or lumber? Without ships and with horse carts being gated at 90 carpentry? What are they thinking? There are some asinine loving decisions that went into the design of this game.

As far as the defense situation goes, we've somewhat determined that we can mitigate the height problems by completely removing the dirt mount that the barn and coops sit on, so we basically join the swamp where the shacks are with the bastion area. That way, 3 sides are higher than the surrounding terrain, and the east side is flat for quite a ways. Is it a lot of terraforming? Sure, but the cost/benefit seems almost on par with picking up and rebuilding in the south and planting >1000 new trees.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 3, 2017

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

Ye kinda sucks kind of one of those damned if you do and damned if you dont

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

Don't worry about Deadtear, his autistic shreaking in mmo hmo threads is about all he's good for these days :smugdon:

so you admit I'm still worth more than you :smaug:

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

Not including the fact if you lose your housing you have to run back with over 1 to 3 hours of mind numbing screen staring

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I've gone from wanting to stay to wanting to move to wanting to stay to being okay with both. Seems like whatever we do we're gonna be in a lovely loving situation, and it's almost as if we might as well stay because most of the work is already done and we're just trading one problem for another. Then again, who knows, maybe planting trees won't be so bad- but the growth cycles may be severely stunted in the southern biomes for all we know due to lack of rainfall (trees grow better in the north supposedly). Hunting is way easier and we get tons of clay, but we have to ration wood and who the gently caress knows about crop growth or if the weather patterns are different since its a dry biome.

If the hunters are just hunting for food/hides, we can get a big barn to solve that problem. We can breed all the big animals once we get enough space.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 3, 2017

Bl3ss3D
Aug 15, 2014

I left because my friends left I really want to see goondor grow so im stuck between a rock in a hardplace i want to stay because of Kim but i also want to play with My Digital Order peeps so im so confused right now i just want to have fun playing the game

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

I've gone from wanting to stay to wanting to move to wanting to stay to being okay with both. Seems like whatever we do we're gonna be in a lovely loving situation, and it's almost as if we might as well stay because most of the work is already done and we're just trading one problem for another. Then again, who knows, maybe planting trees won't be so bad- but the growth cycles may be severely stunted in the southern biomes for all we know due to lack of rainfall (trees grow better in the north supposedly). Hunting is way easier and we get tons of clay, but we have to ration wood and who the gently caress knows about crop growth or if the weather patterns are different since its a dry biome.

I think devoting an entire day for people to look for alternative locations has helped with perspective. The problems we have with our current spot are fixable, like any other location. It would be hard to find better. Leadership issues have been fixed, and we have clear direction, just need to nail down what people want. I'm fine making it work either way.

Ultimately I'm looking forward to building/finishing the dreadfort in goondor so I can just go back to chopping heads off full time.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 3, 2017

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

I think devoting an entire day for people to look for alternative locations has helped with perspective. The problems we have with our current spot are fixable, like any other location. It would be hard to find better. Leadership issues have been fixed, and we have clear direction, just need to nail down what people want. I'm fine making it work either way.

Yeah, I'm just reaaaaaaaally anticipating wood being a huge issue and we sort of completely glossed over the fact that trees/plants are dependent on weather cycles. Clay will be an issue eventually, sure, but the entire coastline up here is clay. It's finite, but it should last us quite a while and three full carts worth of clay being dumped on the ground like every two weeks should be enough to tide us over.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i just want to murder people without continuing the negative infamy spiral

if someone wants to make alts and make an alt goon corp just to instadeclare and kill mans hmu

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

we sort of completely glossed over the fact that trees/plants are dependent on weather cycles.

Trees' dependency on weather cycles is different than plants- trees grow one stage for each day that is non-sunny. So the north is loving fantastic for trees, the snowfuck winter keeps a steady supply running.

Also lol

SabinBlitz posted:

Holy poo poo CanVox just rejoin the Guild already.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I do have a confession to make- I stole a fur hat when I left the guild last week. I'm... I'm sorry.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Joining Discord while half lit was, perhaps, the greatest decision I've ever made in my entire life.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

This game gives some pretty nice flashbacks to afk macroing in darkfall. Wish killing was easier, wish we had more close targets but still enjoying it so far. Me and my friend have just been leveling our own crafting mostly so far so we can make what we need because feeding stuff into one crafter that then just ends up leaving when goons poo poo it up always happens so ye :coffeepal:

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Messing around with my alt leveling animal lore following horse tracks even though I can't tame them.

Spend a good 15 minutes following the tracks and see some torches up ahead, sneak though to find 3 idiots around a horse trying to tame it. They are all unarmed so I go for broke and start attacking the horse so that they'll attack me and I can get some pvp without losing alignment.

After about 30 seconds of combat realizing i'm not going to do anything with a primitive axe I start killing the horse.

Ended up killing the horse and then skinning it while three pubbies were wailing on me.

Ran away with enough game meat to keep my alt fed for a while and a big hide.

11/10 goty

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I just want to do hood rat poo poo with my friends

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
as long as you can do it without mentioning pubg every 20 seconds ty and godbless

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Great so now that we got that stupidity out of the way. Let's wardec some oranges in the neighborhood and actually start the fun part of the game.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Hey sabin bro why did you quit yesterday btw. Because from what I understand nothing has changed and now we get to kill people. :toot:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Also in a fit of stupidity did you delete all the horses and leather RIP.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

The game has only been out for a few weeks, the only thing in this game that really sucks is losing skill points. If you guys have the opportunity to move to a new area and start closer to allies. Do it. When everyone has the skill for crafting at a certain level it is a lot easier than starting from scratch. Plus moving to a new area is the only time you will have every terraforming ;}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Equate posted:

The game has only been out for a few weeks, the only thing in this game that really sucks is losing skill points. If you guys have the opportunity to move to a new area and start closer to allies. Do it. When everyone has the skill for crafting at a certain level it is a lot easier than starting from scratch. Plus moving to a new area is the only time you will have every terraforming ;}

We don't need to move. We have no enemies nearby. If someone bigger now attacks us we have back up from a massive coalition. We just need to cement our rule over server 36.

• Locked thread