Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mark wears the same shirt as Bobby Hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A white elephant gift for Zuck would be getting him a different colored T-shirt

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
America will never have another non-billionaire president

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

2032: America gets its first trillionaire president.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

A Buttery Pastry posted:

2032: America gets its first trillionaire president.

"I am honoured that you have chosen a mere second-rate oligarch as your president. I pledge to join the quadrillionaires in my first 100 days. God bless America."

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

this includes negative billions in the case of trump

nothing like Zuck, though, his net worth is positive billions. Cuck Yeah!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Dick Suckerberg will be your new Doge, if you will it

right after the Serrata of 2045

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

if only michael jackson could have lived a lil bit longer and gotten into at least 1 billion into debt to become president :911:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I assume this presentation was entitled "What will we eat when global warming wipes out all of our food?"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
The Zuckerberg Chin

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm a cuccboi for the Zuccboi!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Mark...el Bergara

cant say it quite yet darn

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

augh his face has no definition its just oblongs and ovoids

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Lunch money for days

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

mark climbs out of the gooey larval sac and slithers down to the Oval Office for the daily news feed

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I love these Photoshops where you swap the faces!
please tell me how you did this?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

MORK  FUCKERBOG

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mern Perberterd

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
did anyone say cuckersperg yet?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

It's time to go CUCK

For Markie ZUCK!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Main Paineframe posted:

can't wait for a million loving idiots to start proclaiming that the singularity is right around the corner and that the only ethical political position is to call for pouring the entire federal budget into AI research to save America from destruction at the hands of Roko's Basilisk

This is the first I'm hearing of this and I had to google it.

This is a joke right, it's not real? I mean I know it's not real, what I'm saying is, real people don't believe in this right?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

This is the first I'm hearing of this and I had to google it.

This is a joke right, it's not real? I mean I know it's not real, what I'm saying is, real people don't believe in this right?

which part because i could understand that being your reaction to either The Singularity or Roko's Basilisk

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think I've joked before that one day we're going to have an unstoppable AI destroy the world and enslave and torture humanity simply because it doesn't' want to disappoint people.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shear Modulus posted:

which part because i could understand that being your reaction to either The Singularity or Roko's Basilisk

It's easy to see why people would believe in the Singularity. I mean the Basilisk.

I'm just some idiot but I've thought about it for almost 10 minutes and even if every proposition of Roko's Basilisk were proven true beyond a shadow of a doubt, it's simple to show that you can beat it by completely ignoring it anyway so it literally does not matter if it's true or not. That's why I was wondering if it was maybe some kind of joke.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Do what I say or the computer god will draw a REALLY accurate picture of you being tortured for all eternity! A picture so photorealistic, you might be in it right now, about to experience eternal suffering in punishment for not doing what I say. This is perfectly logical!!!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

It's easy to see why people would believe in the Singularity. I mean the Basilisk.

I'm just some idiot but I've thought about it for almost 10 minutes and even if every proposition of Roko's Basilisk were proven true beyond a shadow of a doubt, it's simple to show that you can beat it by completely ignoring it anyway so it literally does not matter if it's true or not. That's why I was wondering if it was maybe some kind of joke.

not only did people believe it, but they thought that knowing about it would literally make it more likely to happen (since this hypothetical blackmail scenario doesn't work if the idea never occurred to you), which is why the sorts of communities that tend to believe in this stuff actually banned any mention of it.

these types will often claim that they don't believe in the Basilisk, but they'll also prevent discussion of it and refuse to tell unfamiliar people about it in order to protect them from "memetic hazard", so I'm pretty sure they do believe it and just don't want to admit to having nightmares about a dumb philosophy trick

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Aww, they're not just inventing religion, but moving right onto mystery cults.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Roko's posited solution to this quandary is to buy a lottery ticket, because you'll win in some quantum branch.

lol

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Roko's posited solution to this quandary is to buy a lottery ticket, because you'll win in some quantum branch.

lol

Ah I see, like buying an ikon or a votive candle. Amazing.

I'm starting to understand why some people would be inclined to believe it after all.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

eh. let some other branch buy the ticket :effort:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Didn't it start as like that's how the evil ai would convince you to not just unplug it?

I'm going to torture a gazillion simulations of you if you try, so it's a gazillion to one odds that you are real.

But then the most obvious solution is still just to turn it off right? The real you just turns it off.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Go FULL CUCK!

https://twitter.com/neontaster/status/944354617516847104

For MARK ZUCK!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
gently caress shitterberg

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Main Paineframe posted:

not only did people believe it, but they thought that knowing about it would literally make it more likely to happen (since this hypothetical blackmail scenario doesn't work if the idea never occurred to you), which is why the sorts of communities that tend to believe in this stuff actually banned any mention of it.

It’s like The Game (the dumb 4chan meme not the PUA book) but for dumb STEMlords.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://twitter.com/ZuckHuman/status/914584730552512512

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The most Zuck movie is probably The Man Who Fell to Earth

Adbot