Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

aBagorn posted:

And Alshon’s 2018 cap hit is going to be over 8 million IMO, which puts them over again.

e: but I do fall largely on your side. Howie will figure it out. I think Kendricks is potentially on the chopping block

I'd go a step further and say he's already figured it out. He wouldn't have given Jeffrey the contract if he hadn't. We just won't know exactly how he's going to do it until he does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
They will cut Sproles and possibly Blount. The RBs we have if Ajayi stays healthy are probably enough to replace them.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

CyberPingu posted:

They will cut Sproles and possibly Blount. The RBs we have if Ajayi stays healthy are probably enough to replace them.

:whitewater:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sproles will retire
Celek is dunzo
Smith is cut
Blount walks to some other team

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Corey Clement is looking pretty solid tbh

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017
I agree that the Eagles could do without Blount next year. But he's only making 1.25 million this season after winning a Super Bowl with the Patriots, so I doubt he will be receiving offers for much more than that regardless of how the Eagles' season ends. If he's that cheap, why not bring him back?

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I'm still interested to see more of Pumphrey next season, he seemed to impress in camp but then had a few stinkers in pre season and everyone wrote him off. Even Blount was rotten in pre season. I'm excited to see what the wee man can do.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

a new study bible! posted:

Corey Clement is looking pretty solid tbh

I mean, he IS 6 touchdowns in. I thought I read 7. That puts him with some very good company.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

El Patron posted:

I'm still interested to see more of Pumphrey next season, he seemed to impress in camp but then had a few stinkers in pre season and everyone wrote him off. Even Blount was rotten in pre season. I'm excited to see what the wee man can do.

I forgot Pumphrey was even on the team.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I forgot Pumphrey was even on the team.

I was going to post that as well. They have way too many RB's on the roster. Mack Hollins comes in for Torrey Smith, Pumphrey punt returns, Blount and Sproles leave

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 3, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I heard on the radio today that Bruce Allen as the Totally Not The GM's record is 44-79-1? Something really bad but welp. Waiting to see how empty their home games are going to be.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

El Patron posted:

At this point, I think Pumphrey is less than 50% to make the team next year. Which is fine, seeing as they got Clement undrafted and he is producing above the 4th-round level at this point. But it's certainly worth bringing him to camp and seeing what happens.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

With the new practice rules O lines are going to be lovely as hell going into the season so it's going to be impossible to evaluate RB's preseason

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
News: https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/937369260375937024

Views: :smith: The Giants

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

Probably better than the Knicks would!

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

El Patron posted:

Happy with that, Alshon and Jernigan are 2 guys I wanted to keep in Philly for the long term.

With the breakthrough of Barnett I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade Curry away in the offseason.

Ham Stinkie posted:

Who would trade for Vinny Curry? The only reason the Eagles would want to trade him is his contract and nobody else is going to want that contract either.

I've seen further discussion about Curry's trade value and I'm probably wrong that other teams would be deterred by his contract.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So much for 18-1

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

89 posted:

Seriously. Seattle’s o-line doesn’t exist so our D-Line will eat them alive. But Russell won’t be able to escape, cause our D-Line’s speed also kills. They are used to having no run game and this game won’t be any different. But the leagues #1 secondary in the past 5 weeks (wtf) are gonna eat up Seattle’s less than adequate receiving core. Jimmy Graham will be their only hope.

Then, Wentz is gonna decimate the shambles of what’s left of Seattle’s secondary. There is no Legion of Boom. You gotta have more than 1 person to start a stable. It’s just Earl Thomas and rookies and Byron Maxwell’s carcass. Byron Maxwell will be experiencing PTSD all game long. Then the Eagles will pound the ball. Blount, Ajayi, Clement. We go over 200 rushing yards again.

We drop 40+ points.

Again.

There’s only room for one Bird. The Eagles are what Seattle used to be.

On Sunday, we show the whole world. There isn’t anybody who can stop us.

18-1.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07662YP11

oops

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

So much for 18-1

17-2 is real and Russell Wilson is a massive piece of poo poo who needs to be nailed on fraud charges for selling his snake oil

we are frauds and suck poo poo and :suicide:

axeil fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 4, 2017

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

even the redskins beat the lowly seahawks. embarrassing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Take heart, Eagles. By losing to the Seahawks you add another nail to the Cowboys' coffin.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pretend I quoted all 72+ axeil 18-1 references

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Pretend I quoted all 72+ axeil 18-1 references

just post this over and over and put it on my grave

i stayed up all night to watch that 42-0 game even though i was a dumb kid in high school and had to be up in the morning. why? to punish myself. because maybe if i inflicted pain on myself the eagles would finally stop sucking poo poo and be good and everything would be fine. we've gone 1-5 since that game and ever loss has been absolutely agonizing. the 2007+2011 losses effectively ended our playoffs quest. the 2014 loss marked the spiral that would take us from 9-3 to 10-6 and out of the playoffs. the 2016 one was the nail in the coffin of our playoff hopes and probably the lowest moment of the season (agholor lined up wrong on a huge play and yes i still remember this poo poo because im brokebrained as gently caress)

i hate you seattle. i hate you so loving much

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This loss might be a blessing in disguise, but who knows just yet. I've been an Eagles fan long enough to know that home field doesn't guarantee a loving thing, so it's not worth getting too hung up on. I hope they can wake up and play better against LA.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Yeah I think lots of folks were expecting the Eagles to lose one of these two games, but most expected that loss to come to the Rams. There's a chance Philly wins next week and makes the upcoming week of "paper tiger" pundit insanity look silly, but I think there's a greater chance they drop that one as well and have to get their poo poo together for the final few games.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I just want it to be 2004 again :smith:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles are still a very good team. Very good teams don't go 15-1. Great teams go 15-1. I think some of you maybe started thinking they were a great team.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you can do about Russell Wilson. Obviously completely dominating their offensive line and sending defensive lineman at him doesn't work. Maybe you need to play 6 DBs and blitz two of them that are fast enough to catch him every play.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

God lord calm the gently caress down. Were 10-2.

We played bad last night but were a fumble away from being in that game. If Pederson had challenged that pass in the 4th we may have tied it.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Yeah, it was a game of tiny miscues and missed opportunities. They're a young team, this poo poo happens. Better now than in the playoffs.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

One thing that baffled me was Pederson abandoning his ethos of going for it on 4th when you are over midfield. Especially the one at the end of the first half with 16s left.

Dunno if that was nerves or something but just seemed bizarre.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That was a frustrating game for sure. Philly played themselves out of it on a few plays- that OPI in the first quarter really hosed things, the fumble through the back of the end zone, the mysterious punt with 15 seconds left.

I'm expecting Philly to drop next week as well, but if there's any positive for that game it's that Goff isn't Wilson. The whole scramble around and wait for Jimmy Graham to trip over himself, drawing a holding penalty in the process, is frustrating as all hell.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

That was a frustrating game for sure. Philly played themselves out of it on a few plays- that OPI in the first quarter really hosed things, the fumble through the back of the end zone, the mysterious punt with 15 seconds left.

I'm expecting Philly to drop next week as well, but if there's any positive for that game it's that Goff isn't Wilson. The whole scramble around and wait for Jimmy Graham to trip over himself, drawing a holding penalty in the process, is frustrating as all hell.

If that game was against anyone without Wilson's mobility the Eagles would have had about 5-6 sacks.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I think we learned an important lesson last night, and that is that the Eagles will never beat the Seahawks.

loving Seahawks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The touchback was everything. That and the forward lateral. I guess I’m also frustrated we didn’t go for it on 4th and 1 or 2 more. Pederson called a bad game and some bounces went the wrong way. Not worried about it.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Diqnol posted:

Not worried about it.

I'm a bit worried that Pederson got timid all of a sudden.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Diqnol posted:

The touchback was everything. That and the forward lateral. I guess I’m also frustrated we didn’t go for it on 4th and 1 or 2 more. Pederson called a bad game and some bounces went the wrong way. Not worried about it.

You're not? I'm incredibly worried about it. It was our first game against a legitimate team since the Panthers and we poo poo ourselves royally. It'd be one thing if we lost by 3 or something but we were completely outclassed the entire game.

If we lose to the Rams I'm going into full on panic mode.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’m not. We didn’t poo poo ourselves. The touchback was a 14 point swing. The forward lateral was a 7 point swing. Not going for it on 4th and short means a lot of opportunities left on the field, too. Did you watch the game? Wentz looked great, Ajayi looked great, Agholor looked great and the other WRs looked meh. - not bad. The biggest cause for concern is indeed Pederson but we have seen him call much better games before. I’m not worried until I’m consistently mad at him.

E: I do feel like the defense didn’t show up to play. Could be Russell Wilson matches up well against the wide 9.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 4, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Did you even SEE the game? :smug: I know you watched it but only those truly gifted know a loss sometimes is better than a win #ArtOfEagle

Was strong game. Philly made a few errors, unfamiliar with a few situations they were placed in. Their d line just wasn’t enough and likely isn’t used to Wilson like QBs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
If Philly can clean up some of those penalties that's a very different game. Seattle had a lot of trouble moving the ball outside of penalty extended drives and the odd case or two of Russell Wilson Bullshit, which is gonna happen here and there.

Offensively the turnover hurt, Wentz sailed a couple of throws, and they had to move away from the run to try to play catchup, and it made the game look worse than it was. Really they looked like a young nervous team in one of the league's most famously hostile stadiums playing against a seasoned veteran team with a lot to prove. Which is something I'm okay with the Eagles being right now.

• Locked thread