Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Who the gently caress looks at gift cards at Christmas and goes. Yeah that’s something that’s gotta go.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Who the gently caress looks at gift cards at Christmas and goes. Yeah that’s something that’s gotta go.

Someone with their nuts in a vice and a bookie looking meaningfully at the handle.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

You turned from a frog puppet to a war criminal?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

You turned from a frog puppet to a war criminal?

it aint easy bein' green

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
An NRA member offered to put the Trump campaign in contact with the Kremlin via Jeff Sessions’ longtime chief of staff per the NY Times.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/us/politics/trump-putin-russia-nra-campaign.html?referer=

If you haven’t subscribed to the NY Times yet, now is a good time to do so. They’ve got a sale running.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Just came to post that. Eager to get the hot take from our resident NRA apologists.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
This one might get more likes than Obama's

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/937280880388792321

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exnaY0l4XsM

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

And your average voter won't put two and two together and will keep voting in anyone with an R next to their names. We'll just keep slipping further and further toward the abyss.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Where do you even begin with these people?

And how do you see poo poo like this and then just keep voting for them time and again?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

You can't and the conversations I've had with a few in the office, they stick to those ideological guns even when it is them and their kids. "Forcing a doctor to treat someone is slavery"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Those kids with leukemia just need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps!

#NoFreeRides

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
can someone explain to me how redistributing wealth upwards is good but doing the opposite is worse than hitler?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

can someone explain to me how redistributing wealth upwards is good but doing the opposite is worse than hitler?

Well you see, you obviously don't have a grasp of history and economics *has at most an MBA*, and further more *cites heritage foundation paper about how hard the tax burden on millionaires is with no correlation about tax cuts for the rich == growth* and ALSO LIBERALS!

edit:That poo poo was a lie sold and bought by idiots by people who directly benefit from it. A myth increased with each telling because it validates the GOP position of "gently caress poors" and the Libertarian position of "gently caress EVERYONE GOT MINE!" instead of what it should really be, which is "rich people love their money and don't fear guillotines anymore."

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 3, 2017

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Because it triggers libtards who, for some reason, care about the poor and disadvantaged.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This bugs the poo poo out of me for two reasons, mostly because it's such a petty loving thing to tax, and my employer gives everyone giftcards for the holidays. It's only 50 bucks, but it's a nice gesture and I usually use it for Steam sales. I know other people use them to donate to charity and such.

I'll live if my employer opts out of doing it as a result, but it's honestly one of those things that fucks over no one but mostly the poor and middle class. gently caress these cretins.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

Just came to post that. Eager to get the hot take from our resident NRA apologists.

I assume it is "I don't give a gently caress about anything ever as long as guns, even if the people enabling said guns are pieces of utter poo poo"

I have guns, but I'll be damned if I'll ever join the NRA.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zeroisanumber posted:

Where do you even begin with these people?

A high muzzle velocity.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The NRA's Russian connections aren't troubling at all, not at all.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The upper class has spent well over a hundred years convincing the lower classes that they're not poor, they're temporarily embarrassed millionaires.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

The NRA's Russian connections aren't troubling at all, not at all.

To be fair, I guess, it is more a dude in the NRA leadership vs the NRA's leadership writ large.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

poor people in this country have loving Stockholm syndrome

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mlmp08 posted:

To be fair, I guess, it is more a dude in the NRA leadership vs the NRA's leadership writ large.

The links look pretty broad and warm between the NRA and Russia.

A bunch of conservative idiots began idolizing Putin back during the Obama years because they don't give a poo poo about democracy and want a strong daddy to own the libs and put gays in camps and make conservatism supreme forever.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

A bunch of conservative idiots began idolizing Putin back during the Obama years because they don't give a poo poo about democracy and want a strong daddy to own the libs and put gays in camps and make conservatism supreme forever.

La Pierre and some other NRA leaders have traveled to Russia before to give talks on poo poo.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Zeroisanumber posted:

Oligarchs flock together.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

mlmp08 posted:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I'd say to start with you talk with people and explain how this is going to gently caress them but even then I'm without hope you'll change anyone's minds. They either refuse to accept that they're not upper-middle class and this wont gently caress them, or that whatever tax increase they get will be made up for the raise their job creator will give them.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Reminder that known pedophile Ted Nugent is also on the NRA's board of directors.

Gun owners are their own worst enemies.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I'd say to start with you talk with people and explain how this is going to gently caress them but even then I'm without hope you'll change anyone's minds. They either refuse to accept that they're not upper-middle class and this wont gently caress them, or that whatever tax increase they get will be made up for the raise their job creator will give them.

The tax breaks for the upper middle class aren't even that generous. Everything I've read says it's only maybe 2 grand per year even for people making 200k, which isn't enough to offset the state and local income tax or the loss of the mortgage interest deduction in some areas. People in that income level also tend to live in areas with really good public schools, so the savings plan change won't benefit them. It's really just a cash grab for the rich.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Reminder that known pedophile Ted Nugent is also on the NRA's board of directors.

Gun owners are their own worst enemies.
He's also a poopypants draftdodger.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

He's also a poopypants draftdodger.

Was he the one who claimed hemorrhoids for a medical 4-F?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BigDave posted:

Was he the one who claimed hemorrhoids for a medical 4-F?
He literally stopped showering and pooped his pants when he went to see the draft board.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

He literally stopped showering and pooped his pants when he went to see the draft board.

Well, yes, but what disqualified him from the draft? :v:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The NRA paid money for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kArOmsDITwg

Sure has a lot to do with gun rights.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I work in the firearms industry, and go to school to be a gunsmith. I won't pay to join the NRA. Twice I've been forced to join the NRA for reasons, and both times I used one of those "buy a servicemember or vet a year membership" because gently caress them. They already got paid for it, and they aren't getting my money. I get into plenty of debates about it because I hate the organization. Besides all the typical bullshit- mass emails every day, ads for the stupidity poo poo (like wine club), chicken little rhetoric- I hate the fact they don't support gun owners. They are an industry lobby group, looking out for manufacturers, and have actively screwed over their base multiple times, selling out gun owners to further their own bullshit. They won't tell members to vote D (extremely rarely will they send out their recommendation list and it will have a D on it), even if the R in the race is antigun. They are a lovely organization which lovely practices. Their big "victory" of recent was Heller v DC and McDonald vs Chicago- both of which they didn't support or start the cases (mostly the work of the SAF) but jumped on board at the last minute to claim credit.

gently caress the NRA and their bullshit. gently caress their board members, their recommendations, and their wine club. gently caress their outdated and poor training programs. gently caress them.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

mlmp08 posted:

Same. I gave some money to the Liberal Gunclub instead, my own passive aggressive way of flipping off the NRA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The story of how john bircher retards took over the NRA in 1977 and immediately expanded and packed the board of directors with 70+ members is a hell of a study in how to steal institutions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.b32a91df8772

• Locked thread