Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Endorph posted:

they're all manifestations of men's bizarre sexual expectations of women, born from sakura's various delusions and insecurities, hence why they all have these ridiculous characteristics and weird eccentricities

Huh, I was wondering since I never got to play CCC. I just assumed they got weird artists again, re: Scheherazade and Anne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i would like a henry viii servant where his dialogue is all about trying to marry everyone forever

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Plutonis posted:

It's not even disrespectful, reading the Salem story stuff it's pretty clear that whoever wrote it knew their Mythos cause there's a lot of clues and refs

i mean it's fate usual that everything is actually surprisingly well researched and in depth beyond just a wikipedia article. The times it divulges from historic fact is usually directly referenced as "but the history books got this wrong" in setting.

except for japanese stuff, most of the japanese Servants are oni blooded for some reason. Even badass motherfucking Tomoe Gozen.

or a robot

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Today's christmas interlude: the best?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

idk i was pretty into marie getting weirdly into firing cannons at santa

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's amazing how much easier the 40 AP quest gets when you decide that you just want to make grinding stars easier and sub out one of the bonus Servants for Heracles. He just rampages through everything. With a Support Jack with Holy Night Sign I only really lose 1 stocking per drop, which does add up, but makes farming stars for the CE way easier. I can finish in half the time, Berserker is truly the strongest in the world.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

Today's christmas interlude: the best?

It revealed that Gudako has been dressed as a reindeer this whole time and that wasn't just a nickname so yes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gudako is very serious about her job for the best evil Santa around.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Thinkin' about ascending Jing Ke just because of that line.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i want to go drinking with jing ke

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've liked Jing Ke from the start because I know a bit of Chinese history and The Emperor and the Assassin is a really good movie.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It revealed that Gudako has been dressed as a reindeer this whole time and that wasn't just a nickname so yes.

Personally I'm more curious where Santa Alter got the costume. Maybe asked Emiya to make it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Seamster Vlad seems more likely.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

wrong Santa Alter, but this is the outfit I'm imagining:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I love how unrepentantly goofy and fun these events have been.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Yeesh.
Rolling with Marie/Robin/Support Jack/Martha/David/Phantom and just curb stomping the 40AP.
Even if I get an unlucky round and Jack somehow dies before I get Anne and Mary down everyone else does a drat good job finishing up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Harp of healing!

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 3, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The 'Jean Kay' joke works less well once you realize that if Altria can't read Chinese she's just going to see an indecipherable set of lines instead of a mispronounced name.

Edit: Unless the name is written in english and the point of contention is that she can't pronounce it, I guess.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 3, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i think we should not overthink this

just be like gudako and roll with it

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Clawtopsy posted:

i think we should not overthink this

just be like gudako and roll with it

YEAH!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Even if it isn't Optimal Stockings I think I'm just gonna stick with this friend Jack for when Santa unlocks. Just being able to flat-out delete A+M on the last wave of the 40AP is too useful.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Bought some quartz and got some incredibly lovely rolls aside from Nursery Rhyme and another Formalcraft. Just thank Christ Jack isn't limited.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 3, 2017

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

*one max ascension Jing Ke later*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCY6uKE1Dq8

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pierson posted:

Even if it isn't Optimal Stockings I think I'm just gonna stick with this friend Jack for when Santa unlocks. Just being able to flat-out delete A+M on the last wave of the 40AP is too useful.

If you get a brave chain, you can straight up delete both A&M and Martha in one fell swoop. Then it's just praying you get the right cards to nuke Nya before she pops NP and clears your wave.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As much as I would love to continue using the lottery to level up Jack (and I'm sure whomever else is using her would also love that for the 40AP), I think I'm going to leave her at 50 for now. Santa Alter will apparently require 219 non-class cards on top of the Rider XP cards I currently have to get to 80, and it feels like a better idea to try to prepare for that now rather than later.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haven't played CCC yet, but to be honest those comics where Passionlip sits at the Chaldea's kids table are probably the only time I've liked her character.

Killed By Death posted:

Good work, Jack

With Jack, the goal is not so much getting to 50 stars, but to see how many wasted stars past 50 you can make. I think my personal best is around 63ish?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If we're counting Fragments of 2030, my personal best was 71.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Is there a servant that really wants crit stars but is poo poo at generating them? With Okita and now Jack too I've got crits for days and I want to share

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LightningSquid posted:

Is there a servant that really wants crit stars but is poo poo at generating them? With Okita and now Jack too I've got crits for days and I want to share

nursery, nobunaga, kind of anne and mary

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

LightningSquid posted:

Get yourself an Altera or Lancelot and you're pretty well set.

Until Jalter happens and she becomes the be-all end-all

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Marogareh posted:

Bought some quartz and got some incredibly lovely rolls aside from Nursery Rhyme and another Formalcraft. Just thank Christ Jack isn't limited.

I ended up with Nursery Rhyme on my first roll and probably could have and should have stopped there. Oh how naive I was.

My best stars was somewhere in the 70s I think. Though that was with the Okita/Jack Power team.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is Jeanne Alter as insane as she looks.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Most Arts based teams aren't great at generating stars. Ideally you generate stars off of 2030, but sticking Jack with the Arts damage dealers like Vlad/Bride Nero/Archer Altria can work too.

Most Berserkers are bad at generating stars and also have the worst star absorbtion. So feeding berserkers enough crit stars generally means you need to get tons of stars for everybody.

Archers have Independent Action which boosts their crit damage and Riders have high star absorbtion. Emiya has kinda crappy non-crit damage, but hits extremely hard when he does crit. We don't have a lot of high damage Riders right now. Kintoki Rider will be a free event 4* and is a good candidate in the future.

And of course, Jeanne Alter is terrible at star generation, but if you feed her stars, she'll pretty much hit like a Berserker without the downside of taking double damage to everything.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pierson posted:

Yes

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Trihugger posted:

And of course, Jeanne Alter is terrible at star generation, but if you feed her stars, she'll pretty much hit like a Berserker without the downside of taking double damage to everything.

So Avengers are equally as poo poo at generating/absorbing stars as Zerkers are?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
At base Avengers have bad star absorbtion, but most Avengers have a skill that significantly boosts their star absorbtion for 3 turns if you really need it. I think Snek Avenger is the only one without a star absorbtion skill.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So Avengers are equally as poo poo at generating/absorbing stars as Zerkers are?
nah, unlike berserkers avengers can have cardsets besides bbbaq. lobo's got decent stargen

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

A single crit buster card from Jalter (properly buffed) Can do well over 180k by itself. I basically steamrolled Camelot onward just stalling until I got the perfect crit combo and then deleting the bosses in a single turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pierson posted:

She can buff her buster and crit damage by up to 50% each, and they have 4 hits. When things are going right, her NP is comparatively just another buff for her buster cards.