Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sludge Tank posted:

I spotted for a guy today squatting 565lbs. It was a "weak day" for him as he's on a cut, he was hoping to hit 600lbs today. hoping for 705lbs next year, been lifting two years. not on juice.

There's another kid at my gym, 22 years old, weighs 370lbs (and still growing... he's about 7' tall. loving eclipse) and he's squatting upwards of 750lbs at the moment and deadlifting a little more I think.

I love finally being in a gym surrounded by serious lifters as opposed to the bullshit budget commercial gym i was in before. Although its hugely crushing to my ego but super motivational. :3:2

I'm too poor to go to a real gym. 😞

Plus side, I get to see weird people at the Y. On that note, if I ever become a flabby 50-something strutting around like my lats are so huge I can't put my arms down, please kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
My old gym was like 15/pw. My new one is 19/pw. The 4 bucks difference is worth it the only downside is the group training classes on all the time which means i cant use the sleds or farmers handles. And its in town wbich means driving and parking But theyre opening up another one near my house soon so coolies patoolies

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i prepaid all of 2017 up front at 40$/month and got 2018 free. :smug:

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I cant afford that poo poo this is why we must eat the rich for we pay for their perks and lurks

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Man on man chilling in the sauna for a minute to warm up from being out in the cold makes my pre workout poop loving rocket out of my rear end. Good thing I always have the place to myself when I get here because if I chilled in there during busy hours and the two stalls were taken by the time I got out I'd be in a serious predicament.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Constipated posted:

Man on man chilling in the sauna for a minute to warm up from being out in the cold makes my pre workout poop loving rocket out of my rear end. Good thing I always have the place to myself when I get here because if I chilled in there during busy hours and the two stalls were taken by the time I got out I'd be in a serious predicament.

It's absolutely normal for poop to just fly out of your rear end after some man on man chilling in the sauna

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Constipated posted:

Username checks out.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Bwahahaha phone posting. I had to look back at my post to see if that was you doing a ftfy.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
You know what’s really dumb? The Stronglifts official app.

You have to pay $10 if you want to switch your workout to 3x5 in your logs. Only 5x5 is free. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Like i can just use my notepad app dude. Don’t make me pay for a feature that should come out of the box

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Dec 1, 2017

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Grump posted:

You know what’s really dumb? The Stronglifts official app.

You have to pay $10 if you want to switch your workout to 3x5 in your logs. Only 5x5 is free. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Like i can just use my notepad app dude. Don’t make me pay for a feature that should come out of the box

the 5x5 app is free, has no ads, and does 95% of the poo poo you need. this is a garbage opinion mang

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

yeah but once you switch from 5x5, it's useless.

I'm doing 3x3 squats now, but I'm being told I'm failing every workout because I can't change the settings to say I'm doing 3x3. And it keeps telling automatically deloading my weight. Switching from 5x5 is a pretty core part of the entire program. The app shouldn't be forcing me to pay to continue following the program as documented.

That being said, I paid :10bux: for a internet forum account, so I don't have much ground to stand on.

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 1, 2017

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Try out this 100 dollar spread sheet then....

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Grump posted:

yeah but once you switch from 5x5, it's useless.

I mean, I guess I could see your point if I thought that people should never receive money for the things they create.

Which I don't.

Also that program is useless so really you're mad at the right guy for the wrong reasons.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
If you have more time than money then take advantage of all the free poo poo out there to put together your own program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBIInwyXIfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CM7wI3k7KI

etc

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dum Cumpster posted:

If you have more time than money then take advantage of all the free poo poo out there to put together your own program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBIInwyXIfA

Definitely wanna look like that guy.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The obese balding dad look

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Metanaut posted:

It's absolutely normal for poop to just fly out of your rear end after some man on man chilling in the sauna

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
A ripped dude today had earbuds in and was singing along with his music as he worked out, replacing some lyrics with "in the zone" to get himself... in the zone.
I have a new hero.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Zzulu posted:

The obese balding dad look

most men will eventully experience at least two of these things

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fallows posted:

most men will eventully experience at least two of these things

I'm not most men.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

This new trainer at my gym keeps offering advice but hes a foot shorter than me and always wears long sleaves and pants so I can't tell his physique/str at all... He has a wide back but thats all i can see... I wanna tell him in a non gay way he'd have better luck if he showed more skin lmao but I dunno how...

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
As a 6'4'' man I fully endorse this idea that the shorter man is probably inferior and ought to submit to inspection. :D

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Alright bros

Ive been using pea & rice proten for a while now and this week I just switched to soy protein isolate from a reputable supplier (bulknutrients). I also just started using GABA.

I dunno if i have a cold but ive started feeling like i have the flu. Sniffly, irritable cough, really tired all the time, really subdued (wouldnt say depressed) mood and i Slept all day yesterday.

People just mentioned that soy protein can be bad for you. Yes? Or maybe i do have a cold?! I dont know..should i just stop taking the soy protein? Is it actually just garbage?

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 6, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why don't you use whey?

Or no powders at all?

Soy=estrogen is the pseudoscience de jour.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
WPI and WPC make me super gassy.

Ive been using pea & rice for about a year now with no problem.

So, is soy protein isolate fine or os ot actually a bad idea? I cant seem to get a good verdict with some googling

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Decided this is my last week on Stronglifts and going to start on either the Texas Method or Madcow 5x5 next week because I’m plateauing haaaarrrrrrdddd lately

Squat 275lb
Deadlift 300lb
OHP 110lb
Bench 165lb
Bent Over Rows 165lb

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 6, 2017

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Sludge Tank posted:

Alright bros

Ive been using pea & rice proten for a while now and this week I just switched to soy protein isolate from a reputable supplier (bulknutrients). I also just started using GABA.

I dunno if i have a cold but ive started feeling like i have the flu. Sniffly, irritable cough, really tired all the time, really subdued (wouldnt say depressed) mood and i Slept all day yesterday.

You might have an allergy to soy. An allergist (MDs who specialize in allergies) can test for this.

Or you might just be sick.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Probably just sick. My cold ended this past weekend, feeling great now. Everything you described was basically me for a week.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Nice username/ post combo

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I might try pea or egg white protein because whey protein makes me piss buckets every 20-30 minutes for the next 6 hours.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Sludge Tank posted:

WPI and WPC make me super gassy.

Ive been using pea & rice for about a year now with no problem.

So, is soy protein isolate fine or os ot actually a bad idea? I cant seem to get a good verdict with some googling

Why did you switch from pea and rice if it was working well?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Anti-Hero posted:

Why did you switch from pea and rice if it was working well?

isn't it ridiculously expensive and taste horrible?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Its actually cheaper than wpc and wpi but the texture is a little gritty. I have no problem drinking it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
So why change something that was working fine, was affordable, and you could drink ok? Did I miss something?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I just thought i'd see what it was like. I didnt assume theneffect would be detrimental seeing as the proteim content is roughly the same

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Grump posted:

Decided this is my last week on Stronglifts and going to start on either the Texas Method or Madcow 5x5 next week because I’m plateauing haaaarrrrrrdddd lately

Squat 275lb
Deadlift 300lb
OHP 110lb
Bench 165lb
Bent Over Rows 165lb

Sup stats buddy :hfive:

Squat 285lb
Deadlift 315lb
OHP 105lb
Bench 165lb
Bent Over Rows 185lb

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Finally made it to 184 bench, with control and reps

Big leap from 169 (the next highest combination of plates) to get there, but finally I'm at bodyweight

Now I can add tiny increments again, wahoo

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Nice work guys. I'm embarking on a journey of upper back strength and shoulder health before I get back under the bar.

Gonna step up the mountain biking in the meantime to make sure I don't get fat while I'm not lifting heavy.

I'm certainly not going to eat less.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Sup stats buddy :hfive:

Squat 285lb
Deadlift 315lb
OHP 105lb
Bench 165lb
Bent Over Rows 185lb

Noice. Haven’t tried my 1RM in a few months so I’m gonna do that Friday an start on the Texas Method next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

The Ferret King posted:

I'm certainly not going to eat less.
I'm eating less, can confirm: it sucks rear end. I have no reason to, but i want abs when i get my hood in may. Gonna be a Master of ABS.

Deadlifting for the first time in almost 2 months...
Went well. Only did 225 because i didn't wanna push it, but did it for reps.
Then i grabbed some weights to do core and i felt a twinge in my back.

I put the weights down and took a shower.