Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I almost wonder if they're finally doing the Sanity call-up and Black Velvet are going to be the new tag challengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

What does Ciampa even do now? Gargano has moved on. Just seems like a backwards move going back to that feud with the push he's getting
If Johnny Gags stays in NXT they can just have Ciampa blindside the dude after a victory and people will have no trouble remembering, it was a hot angle.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, you do a version of the Kevin/Sami feud, where Johnny finally bests his inner demons and wins the big one.. only for Ciampa to come back and loving destroy him.

Also Johnny should pray he gets stuck in NXT limbo for as long as possible because he is 100% dead on the main roster the first time Vince sees him in person and realises how small he is.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Don't get the call up panic. Tye was in the Royal Rumble and not immediately called up.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
my prediction is that enzo taking the project chiampa will look vicious and awesome, but only to five people

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Don't get the call up panic. Tye was in the Royal Rumble and not immediately called up.

Tye was in the Rumble 100% just to avoid a bad reaction when somebody else came out at 10, it's a unique situation that doesn't apply to Gargano.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

Tye was in the Rumble 100% just to avoid a bad reaction when somebody else came out at 10, it's a unique situation that doesn't apply to Gargano.

Ok, Bo Dallas was put in the Rumble and still poo poo up NXT for another year, they put Itami in the Andre Battle Royal, etc.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Ok, Bo Dallas was put in the Rumble and still poo poo up NXT for another year, they put Itami in the Andre Battle Royal, etc.

Woah woah, Bo was moved to the main roster for like 3 weeks before they realized it wasn't going anywhere and shuffled him back down.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bayley came up at Battleground then went back to wrap up her storylines for two months, Killian Dain was in the ARMBAR, there's precedent for guys getting a cup of coffee on the main roster than going back down to NXT, but Tye was literally only in the Rumble so people wouldn't boo when someone else came out at 10.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

I almost wonder if they're finally doing the Sanity call-up and Black Velvet are going to be the new tag challengers.

Well now if they don't call them Black Velvet I'm going to be disappointed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aleister black and the velveteen dream sounds like a very profitable piece of poo poo YA novel, which is good, even if they just call them by their names.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Rovert posted about it on twitter, and I think it was brought up elsewhere as well, but WWE may be moving in this direction for two of the matches at the Takeover before the Royal Rumble:

- Ember Moon vs Nikki Cross for the NXT Women's Championship

- Kairi Sane vs Shayna Baszler.

Not a fan of the second one, as it reeks of 50/50 booking (even if it is far apart, its still 50/50 booking), since it seems incredibly likely Shayna will go over clean here, and kill any momentum Kairi has (and I have zero faith in WWE to fix it).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, I'd flip that. If Nikki's losing anyway, why not have her put over Kairi? And Shayna/Ember gives you some options.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kairi Sane will not get killed by having a great match with and losing to Shayna

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I doubt wwe has the desire or patience to copy Asuka's path, letting Kairi go years without losing. Just have Kairi dominate then lose to cheating.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kairi can lose fairly often as long as she wins the right ones. Her character and some sort of dominant winning streak would be awful and annoying together actually

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Kairi Sane will not get killed by having a great match with and losing to Shayna

Oh I know. But I still don't think she should lose to Shayna, especially since this feels like its just WWE trying to give Shayna her win back since Ronda is signing soon.

Although I'll be even more disappointed if Shayna wins the title at Takeover: New Orleans or something. Because if she beats Kairi, her next logical step is going after Ember. I don't like Ember, but I still like her more than Shayna, who is overwhelmingly bland in the ring, unless the worker she is with is good.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 8, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tribute to the Troops

JBL, Cole, Byron on commentary

Shield defeat Joe and The Bar
Absolution defeat Sasha, Bayley and Mickie
Charlotte submits Ruby Riott
Usos and New Day defeat Shelton, Gable, Rusev and Aiden
Styles, Orton and Nakamura defeat Jinder, Owens and Zayn

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Having a hearty lol at Zayn teaming up with Jinder. Maybe he'll say Jinder was, in fact, right all along for screwing him out of a title shot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tribute to the Troops isn't canon.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh I know. But I still don't think she should lose to Shayna, especially since this feels like its just WWE trying to give Shayna her win back since Ronda is signing soon.

Although I'll be even more disappointed if Shayna wins the title at Takeover: New Orleans or something. Because if she beats Kairi, her next logical step is going after Ember. I don't like Ember, but I still like her more than Shayna, who is overwhelmingly bland in the ring, unless the worker she is with is good.

Shayna's absolutely beating Ember for the title. In fact, I'll be stunned if the finish isn't Ember going for the Eclipse and Shayna catches her in a choke.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Shayna's absolutely beating Ember for the title. In fact, I'll be stunned if the finish isn't Ember going for the Eclipse and Shayna catches her in a choke.

That's what I feel as well. I just hope they don't give Shayna a long title run if so. She's really not great in the ring unless the person she's working with is decent to great. I guess on a personal level, I don't really want to see her win because I'm afraid she'll get the Lesnar treatment and just steamroll the roster in five minute squash matches, and that would damage the prestige of the NXT Women's Championship, which has been pretty solid until now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

That's what I feel as well. I just hope they don't give Shayna a long title run if so. She's really not great in the ring unless the person she's working with is decent to great. I guess on a personal level, I don't really want to see her win because I'm afraid she'll get the Lesnar treatment and just steamroll the roster in five minute squash matches, and that would damage the prestige of the NXT Women's Championship, which has been pretty solid until now.

She's been wrestling for two years.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

VJeff posted:

Having a hearty lol at Zayn teaming up with Jinder. Maybe he'll say Jinder was, in fact, right all along for screwing him out of a title shot.

He'll just say "we're all Canadians, it just makes sense to team up, eh?'

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So the first taping of that new Lucha series was last night, and boy howdy.

quote:

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know about the show tonight! It was pretty fun! A very packed house at the Nashville Fairgrounds Sports Arena Tonight.

This was announced as a TV taping, but no mention of a network.

The night started with a video of an assault earlier in the day. We couldn’t see it from our vantage point. It was John Hennigan and Rush jumping Rey Jr

Rey Jr out first to address the crowd. Vows that someone will get a 619. Hombre a Hombre.

Rush and Hennigan out to confront. Rey smashes Johnny’s glasses. They attack and beat down Rey then Penta hits the ring for the save. After clearing, Rey offers hand, Penta fakes and flashes a Ciero Medio in his face. Walks off to a chorus of confusion.

Mr 450 vs Willie Mack (as Willie McClinton) first.

Chops and Slaps traded. A sprinkle of “Uno Mas/One More Time” chants. Mr 450 hits a suicide dive into the rails and Mack comes back hits a somersault plancha to follow up. Lots of chops and slaps back and forth, playing to crowd to warm up. Mack finishes as he catches 450 with a stunner and then a Frog Splash from high in the rafters. Fun opener.

Announcer girl giving a card rundown and Mascarita (fka El Toronto) is spotted in the front row. Demus attacks and the match is on. Lots of spinning and flipping. Mascarita gets a lot of early offense in, including a suicide dive headbutt. Demus tosses him around for a while, bends him over his knees and spanks him. Mascarita hits a flying rana to the outside and follows up in ring with a lot of spinning into a rana that was turned into a roll up. Mascarita takes the victory. A really fun, very competitive mini vs big man match.

RUSSO SPOTTED He was with one of the Harris Bros most of the night on headsets.

Reby Hardy out to address crowd.

Calls her self the “Ice Queen” and the Dominant Diva of AroLucha. She is a lot about money and power.

She calls out the “Working Class”

Vanilla Vargas & Taya Valkyrie vs Keyra vs Lacey Lane

Winner of the pinfall will face the losing team member that didn’t eat the pin “next week” for the AroLucha Women’s Title.

Tags were nonexistent, they went in and out tornado style, but I think that’s a Lucha thing. Valkyrie hits an implant buster, lots of teamwork spots. Keyra and Lacey Lane win as hey are both pinning Vanilla, then Lacey pulls up at 2. Keyra will face Taya it seems? Finish was kind of awkward.

In what was billed as a surprise, unannounced match Trey Miguel came out to make an open challenge.

Miguel entered first to cut a promo on the crowd. The Fresh Prince of MID Air. He’s a heel, Faking high fives to the kids. Calls Nashville talentless and OUT WALKS COWBOY JAMES STORM.

Siza and Strength advantage to Storm. Miguel holds his own, including a great dive over the ring post to the outside. A standing moonsault gets a two then a flying double knee mounts a two before Storm makes his comeback. Razors Edge Airplane Spin Toss only gets a two. After playing the crowd and a few reversals, Storm nails a Superkick for the pin.

MVP vs Sammy Guevara

MVP out first. Smug look and bass in the music, might be the bad guy. Guevara out second and MVP attacks as he poses to the crowd. Drops him across the guardrail and slides in to start the match. Guevara is high octane, running shooting star for an early two. MVP is just beating him down, choking during the pins, grinding face to the mat. Cocky pins and faking his Jump Shot taunt. Hard hits from MVP including a discus lariat that turns Guevara inside out. MVP misses a big boot and Guevara is in on the offense. Dives to he outside and misses another and rebounds with a superkick. Dives again, misses, rebounds with a superkick. Third times a charm and nails a cork screw plancha. Back in the ring, Guevara goes for a missle dropkick. MVP pulls the red in front of him and gets DQ’d. MVP beats him down and leaves.

Six Man Action Next.

Jack Edwards (Evans), Hurricane Helms & Maximo vs Garza JR, La Mascara & Daga

Heels Exeter first to boos. Hurricane with the Hurribelt, Jack Evans who handstand walks alll the way to the ring and then Maximo. Crowd LOVES Maximo. Evans and Daga start, trade worst locks and waist locks. Turns into leapfrogs and flips, followed by arm drags and then a stand off. Huge ovation. Hurricane and Msacara next. Maximo wants in but Mascara wants nothing to do with him. Msacara has a spot where he rips his pants off and MaximoREALLY WANTS IN. Gets the tag and plays with his rear. Garza in and loses a shirt and Maximo loves it. On the outside now, Maximo his a running trust fall. Crowd eats it up. Back in RK , Evans and Garza trade high spots and chops.

This is not a Lucha rules tag match.

Evans is attacked while Hurricane tries to save. Evans battles back with a pele kick. Hurricane tags in and hits a reverse DDT. Evans flies, Maximo flies. Chaos ensues until it’s just Maximo and Daga in the crowd. Maximo gets the win after he kisses him and rolls him up for the 3.

Post match dancing and everyone is having a good time. I need to research Maximo because he’s is OVER.

Rey Jr and Penta Zero M vs Johnny Mundo (as John Hennigan) and Rush

Rush out first in Los Ingobernables garb. Hennigan out second, fakes the Bret Hart glasses spot with a kid and keeps them himself. Penta out third, lots of smoke for him. Rey JR out last and this guy is a GOD tonight.

Cero Mideo/619 alternating chants break out and Penta and Rey stare at each other. Everyone shoves and we’re off. Penta and Hennigan start in ring as Rey and Rush brawl outside. Hennigan ties the tassels of Penta’s mask to the ropes and beats him down. Rey is rolled in and they go to work on ripping his mask to a chorus of boos. Penta is tossed into the front row and then Rey is worked over. Hennigan Devils him on the rails as Rush attempts to rip off Penta’s mask.

Penta and Rey start teaming up, superkicks and headscissor takeovers. Hennigan and Rush to the outside and Penta launches Rey in the air to crash on them. Brawling on the outside and Penta nails Hennigan and Rush with a chair. Back in the ring Penta hits Hennigan with a couple of swing blades. Rey Jr checks in and hits a springboard leg drop. Big impact moves by all 4 to bring the action to a halt. Stereo drop kicks set up stereo 619s. Hennigan is hit and is flipped into a Pentagon springboard Canandian Destroyer! Rey up too for the big splash ending to send the crowd home happy.

Music and Confetti! The crowd LOVES these guys! Rey and Pentagon continue to play the crowd. Tease a handshake but Rey is reluctant. Opposite corners and measuring cheers. Penta exits and leaves Rey with a mic.

Rey botched the name of the town, calling us Memphis. Apologizes to the crowd saying he’s had too many shots to the head.

Says Memphis was last night, but Nashville was fantastic. Thanks the crowd for being part of this crazy idea. Thanks backstage. Locker room. Puts over the talent and Penta returns with a mic and is speaking in Spanish. He brings the locker room out to sing Happy Birthday to Rey Jr.

Bolded part is totally Russo. Especially considering he's writing for the show. They don't have a network or air time for this show though!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that taping sounds fun as hell

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
yeah, between the nazi bros and booking mr 450 i don't really plan to ever give this promotion money but i'd taima that show for sure

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The parts that sound good can be found on like any big indie show these days, so I don't really see any reason to watch this. Glad Sammy Guevara is getting more work.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

that taping sounds fun as hell

those spoilers made me really, really wish maximo and family didn't get really mad at ultimo guerrero :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The parts that sound good can be found on like any big indie show these days, so I don't really see any reason to watch this. Glad Sammy Guevara is getting more work.

Yeah pretty much. Doesn't sound like a terrible show but I can watch Penta and Rush elsewhere without having to humor the Nazis and Russo

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Can someone explain the Nazi thing? I tried to Google it and all I could find is that WWN brought in a wrestler that is a Nazi?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Can someone explain the Nazi thing? I tried to Google it and all I could find is that WWN brought in a wrestler that is a Nazi?

Ron and Don Harris the main people running it had Nazi ties. For example one has has/had an SS tattoo:

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/940340688901824512

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

rovert posted:

Ron and Don Harris the main people running it had Nazi ties. For example one has has/had an SS tattoo:

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/940340688901824512

Was it recently found out? I mean they have been involved in wrestling for almost half a century at this point right?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

everyone has known for 20 years and they aren't exactly hiding it

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/722191998082543616

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The wwn thing was Shlak getting booked for a style battle months ago but he was pulled from the show maybe a day later when everyone told gabe

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oatgan posted:

everyone has known for 20 years and they aren't exactly hiding it

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/722191998082543616

Yeah, they got fired from ECW after showing Paul E. their SS tattoos.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
"James Michael Curtin, aka Rockstar Spud in Impact Wrestling, is slated to start with World Wrestling Entertainment next week at the post-Clash of Champions PPV TV tapings."

For 205Live

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/114156/spoiler-on-planned-wwe-debut-for-international-star.html

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

E wrong thread

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

rovert posted:

"James Michael Curtin, aka Rockstar Spud in Impact Wrestling, is slated to start with World Wrestling Entertainment next week at the post-Clash of Champions PPV TV tapings."

For 205Live

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/114156/spoiler-on-planned-wwe-debut-for-international-star.html

i wonder how the heck they're gonna debut him? no one is going to pop for a shocking rockstar spud debut. they gotta do something more interesting than him showing up in a hoodie and beating down a dude and cole going OH MY GOD WHAT'S ROCKSTAR SPUD DOING IN THE CRUSERWEIGHT ZONE (let alone giving him a regular-rear end entrance, which the crowd would probably assume was just some jobber)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Itami will be his manservant