Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

FizFashizzle posted:

Not an SEC fan I see.

https://twitter.com/BANKER_MAK/status/937349776194011136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Teddybear posted:

At some point they're going to announce the bowl games, right? I just want to know what trash Bowl BC is going to lose.

They gotta wait until the NY6 is announced, which will be in an hour or so.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ignores the fact that they single-handedly broke the 2017 FSU Seminoles, who were top 3 at the time.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scionix fills an important role as the designated forum enemy and therefore gets a pass. I mean, we could always bring back that guy with the duck avatar who wouldn't shut up about Notre Dame and the CLAUSENBOMBS

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hustlin Floh posted:

Scionix fills an important role as the designated forum enemy and therefore gets a pass. I mean, we could always bring back that guy with the duck avatar who wouldn't shut up about Notre Dame and the CLAUSENBOMBS

Was that Witz? The Browns fan?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

iospace posted:

Three words:

Big Game Bob.

Also, credit to OU, they transitioned pretty well, though you can argue that it was on Stoops' recruiting.

Our recruiting uptick the last couple years was absolutely not fueled by Stoops, and I love Bob as much as anyone. A few years back our recruiting had slipped big time and a large part of that was Stoops getting lazy and also not holding his assistants accountable. Credit to Bob for cleaning house for the most part and hiring guys that would go out and be stellar recruiters, though.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LLCoolJD posted:

Ignores the fact that they single-handedly broke the 2017 FSU Seminoles, who were top 3 at the time.

ignores the fact that florida state was a garbage loving team all year whose original ranking was preposterous

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

Was that Witz? The Browns fan?

I think it was Van Dozier or Dozer or something like that

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The committee is poo poo. USC should've been in. Barring that, by their dumb standard Wisconson is the clear favorite over Bama. One loss to OSU by six points in the B10 championship, is better than an Iron Bowl loss to Aulburn by 12. There is no way to cut it that doesn't make the committee and the ESPN talking heads look like fools.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hahahahaha

Smiling Mandrill posted:

The committee is poo poo. USC should've been in. Barring that, by their dumb standard Wisconson is the clear favorite over Bama. One loss to OSU by six points in the B10 championship, is better than an Iron Bowl loss to Aulburn by 12. There is no way to cut it that doesn't make the committee and the ESPN talking heads look like fools.

One again, the committee/ESPN/etc. continues to place Alabama based off what they did years ago, and not the more-mediocre team playing today.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

who were top 3 at the time.

I'd judge them by what they did on the field over what some incompetent writers thought before the season.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, I sometimes forget how awful other fans can be when I wander away from the chillness of TFF and see somebody losing their minds in a comments section or a sportswriter's Twitter mentions. It's rough out there.

"Other fans"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Niwrad posted:

This is why the Big 10 was dumb for moving to 9 conference games instead of 8 + FCS. Ohio State is playing Western Illinois instead of Iowa and in the playoff this year.

amazingly they occasionally had to play Iowa before they added the extra conference game too

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress Notre Dame!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SourKraut posted:

Hahahahaha

One again, the committee/ESPN/etc. continues to place Alabama based off what they did years ago, and not the more-mediocre team playing today.

While I agree wholeheartedly with the overall sentiment expressed here, they were a few seconds from winning the Natty last year and won it the year before, so it’s not like their glory days are a distant memory.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
They say we don't have a chance that we don't deserve it well that's what my dad told me when I was about to graduate middle school and guess what here I am in high school I may be 27 but I EARNED IT

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hustlin Floh posted:

I think it was Van Dozier or Dozer or something like that

It was Von Dozier and he was hilarious. Scionix is just awful.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was Von Dozier and he was hilarious. Scionix is just awful.

Nah he sucked

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Just wait until UNC is good again bitches

I'll make you pine for the days of big herm and shooter mcgavin

Again?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/937409475899781122

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
All I remember is someone bought Von Dozier an avatar that said like "ANOTHER LOSS FOR NOOOOOOOOTRE DAME"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FizFashizzle posted:

Just wait until UNC is good again bitches

I'll make you pine for the days of big herm and shooter mcgavin

Shooter unironically thought joe jurevicius was a future hall of famer, he ruled and I miss him

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I came here to say that I'm sad Wisconsin didn't make the cut for the CFP after a tough loss to OSU.

Also to say that the idea that a 2 loss OSU team who got absolutely dismantled by an inconsistent, 7-5 Iowa team has ANY BUSINESS in the National Championship CFP discussion is absolutely loving preposterous.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Benne posted:

Washington at No. 11, Cotton Bowl here we come :woof:

whoops

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

USC-OSU in the Cotton

gently caress, I wanted PSU

Benne posted:

Washington at No. 11, Cotton Bowl here we come :woof:

Same matchup, wrong Bowl

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I totally meant Fiesta, obviously

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/937412050007023616

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hornibrook v Turnover Chain

I'll take the Chain

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RIP UCF

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Hornibrook v Turnover Chain

I'll take the Chain

It’s also Miami’s lovely QB against Wisconsin’s defense though. Game is gonna have like 12 combined points

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Congrats MV

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/937415165565337602

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Maybe we’ll finally win a goddamn bowl again. But still gross. The over/under is gonna be like 24

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Poor bastards. I've been to that bowl before, and it's a terrible place to play football.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

That's gonna be a good game! I don't like BC's chances but I think it'll be a show!

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

How much do I have to pay Cox to ensure this game is blacked out and I don’t accidentally see a snap?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
the big 12 bowls after the camping world are a loving mess lmao

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
We have Okie State, we're going to lose by 55.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think I might actually be on a flight during that game, which is probably for the best

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Maybe we’ll finally win a goddamn bowl again. But still gross. The over/under is gonna be like 24

It's a shame we couldn't win 7 games this year so we'd be paired in some weird mid-level bowl for us to undeservedly win.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/937418066434117634

:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
Not super excited about playing Kentucky in Nashville, but hey, it's a winnable game and a ten win season would be cool.

• Locked thread