Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waroduce posted:

so i just got this can someone talk to me about speccing out and playing a hunter or titan?

Titan: Striker with pulse grenades and insurmountable skullfort

Hunter: I dunno play the titan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PathAsc posted:

I logged in to see if there was any clan poo poo to claim

I already knew there wasn't though

Yeah, I haven't gotten any clan rewards in a few weeks. Hopefully things pick up with Osiris.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

for hunter:

in PVE: choose nightstalker, top tree, and pray that xur sells Orpheus Rig

in PVP: play striker titan

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

hiddenriverninja posted:

for hunter:

edit: The road complex AA armor set will give you up to 6 recovery points with a mod so do that as well

edit: dang it

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

haveblue posted:

Titan: Striker with pulse grenades and insurmountable skullfort

Hunter: I dunno play the titan

As a guy who primarily plays a Hunter: yeah.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I actually tend to have more luck on my hunter or warlock than my titan but that may just be a playstyle thing

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I might try to set up a goon thing tomorrow night

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm gunna be on tn around 9/10 EST. Is the contact info in the OP still valid

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

for hunter:

Striker titans are for nubs who can’t shoot mans. Gunslingers with bottom perk tree or nightstalkers with top perk tree with foe tracer are best!

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

The Meat Dimension posted:

I hope you like Sweet Business.

I don't like Sweet Business.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
Saw this in the wild and thought of you guys

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kiavahr posted:

Is there a big one we can’t see?!

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

this is cool and good

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
welp my friend got me destiny 2 for christmas

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

your friend actually secretly hates you

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So do I have to progress to a certain point in the campaign to unlock multilayer or what cause I'm tired of this poo poo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Waroduce posted:

So do I have to progress to a certain point in the campaign to unlock multilayer or what cause I'm tired of this poo poo

Yeah like four missions

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Waroduce posted:

That won't help you, friend.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 2 Console Thread: im tired of this poo poo

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Agoat posted:

welp my friend got me destiny 2 for christmas

My sincerest goondolences *flourishes Hunter cape at you as I turn around and walk away slowly, but with purpose*

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Kiavahr posted:

Don't doxx me

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
lol just saw a banner ad for “Sherpas of Destiny: guaranteed flawless” on SA. I bet all the money for carries guys are making GBS threads bricks right now.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Lightning Knight posted:

lol just saw a banner ad for “Sherpas of Destiny: guaranteed flawless” on SA. I bet all the money for carries guys are making GBS threads bricks right now.

Miranda and I will play Trials with anyone for $89.99 an hour plus food and beverage expenses.

(flawless not guaranteed)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Provided our existing guns now do not automatically become these new versions, which very clearly they do not, the entire thing of it is that basically we're turning the game on for the very first time again and are to reaquire every single weapon again, the same exact ones, because they are now inherently inferior when compared to themselves.

If it were new weapons or weapons being left behind or something I'd get it, but as is it seems like the ultimate in artificial grind to reaquire everything we already earned. Orbs that are surely very small and on a cooldown are maybe cool and miniscule stat boosts are perhaps good going, but it feels like a way for Bungie to get people to toil around in their god awful Vanilla content again to get numbers up.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Masterworks are in the same vein as Ancients/Primal Ancients in Diablo or Classified Gear in The Division. The same stuff as before, except better. Welcome to RPGs I guess

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cvnvcnv posted:

I finally looked up exactly what """"Masterworks"""" are and please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like a massive pile of poo poo?

Provided our existing guns now do not automatically become these new versions, which very clearly they do not, the entire thing of it is that basically we're turning the game on for the very first time again and are to reaquire every single weapon again, the same exact ones, because they are now inherently inferior when compared to themselves.

If it were new weapons or weapons being left behind or something I'd get it, but as is it seems like the ultimate in artificial grind to reaquire everything we already earned. Orbs that are surely very small and on a cooldown are maybe cool and miniscule stat boosts are perhaps good going, but it feels like a way for Bungie to get people to toil around in their god awful Vanilla content again to get numbers up.

I'd have to read it again, but I thought there was a hint that our weapons "may" get upgraded? I did remember that we can use some kind of crafting to just make them that way though, and they can be rerolled.

Who knows, that poo poo could be completely miswritten too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

I'd have to read it again, but I thought there was a hint that our weapons "may" get upgraded? I did remember that we can use some kind of crafting to just make them that way though, and they can be rerolled.

There are 2 ways to get a masterwork weapon:

-Legendaries have a chance of dropping as masterwork
-If a masterwork you don't want drops (dupe or whatever) you can spend it to make a different weapon masterwork

So yes, it's additional grind, but that was never really in doubt.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Quoting Bungo:

quote:

Masterworks drop from any source of Legendary weapons for characters above 250 Power
Unwanted Masterworks can be dismantled into materials that can upgrade an existing Legendary Weapon into a Masterwork
Raid and Trials of the Nine Weapons will have a very high chance to be Masterworks

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I was never in danger of not playing Destiny content, but I am a little bitch.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

We're all little bitches

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Norns posted:

We're all little bitches

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

This has a good explanation of the things getting changed soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eUuTxBWdl4

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

This has a good explanation of the things getting changed soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eUuTxBWdl4
The thing is, "it's even easier to get stuff" doesn't mean it's bad. The Division rains loot from the sky, but it's all about getting the right pieces and rerolling the right stats and making the right builds. So if Bungie can make Masterworks and the mod system interesting and useful, it won't matter if the game shits loot at us

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Um loot isn't to easy to get. There's just not enough and every reward structure in the game is opening a loving blind box. That's the problem.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Loot is easy for me to get so long as loot means Lincoln green

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The loot system in this game right now would be fine if there was basically five times the amount of it

Basically what I'm saying is it'll be insanely good to start playing when the first big DLC comes out next year

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

deadwing posted:

The loot system in this game right now would be fine if there was basically five times the amount of it

Basically what I'm saying is it'll be insanely good to start playing when the first big DLC comes out next year

You don’t mean to imply that this is the exact same as Destiny 1 and they haven’t learned a goddamn thing, nor have we, do you? :thunk:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Have they learned? No.

Have we? Mostly.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
Is solo PVP literally unplayable or is it just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
It's not great