Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

deadwing posted:

getting three people with your titan slam then sprinting across the map and getting another three off the spawn before your super runs out :awesome:

he's right it's this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Chilichimp posted:

Just play a titan and switch to the striker subclass when it becomes available. It's rad as gently caress.

If we get a Spark with the DLC I am definitely making a Titan. Warlock is fun but I wanna shoulder slam dudes.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

A thing that would own would be for the :pcgaming:MILESTONE ACHIEVED:pcgaming: notification to not noisily appear and take up a third of the screen and prevent me from seeing my ammo/ability cooldowns during crucial confrontations

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Akuma posted:

But they won't ever be empty anymore...? They'll just have the chance of getting a token reduced, but they'll always have glimmer. I imagine they mean a HUD element that shows you've hit the cooldown...

If you hit the "exploit safeguard" anytime you approach a chest Dregs should scuttle in and make off with it. Have a unique variation of that for each enemy. Then let people that still want it do a mini event for it, shoot those fast moving dregs so they drop your loot, maybe they dash off waving a token at you and using some fallen handsignal for gently caress yourself that waffles can use to decode an entire fallen sign language out of a puddle.

Everybody else who rightly doesn't give that much of a poo poo about 1 chest can move on to the next activity.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Please big dumb xûr, bring me a thing I want that you haven't had. Or maybe bungie, please somehow accidentally gently caress up and poo poo all D1 exotics into the vault

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
What don't you have?

I felt like i got all the exotics in the first 3 days.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sunshot

That's the only one left I want, and I really don't feel like playing the story again.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope you like Sweet Business.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I still don't have nighthawk, or the crown of tempests although I haven't really been playing much the last while

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos
Xur must have bought pallets of Sweet Business down at the intergalactic swap meet.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Oh my sweet retarded space Jesus

I'll make an attempt at getting up to that point in the story today, but lol I have 0 trust I can make it that far.

Gonna need that masterworks system bad Tues and big papa Osiris

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

just noticed this gem too:

On the balance, Reputation required per Reward Engram will increase for Destination Factions (+37%) and Gunsmith (+50%)

So they're increasing the number of tokens and rep resource items we're getting... but also increasing the amount required to earn engrams. Those appear to be conflicting.

I understand what they did, they tried to save themselves a lot of tuning work.

They created a system to provide a unit of reward per a unit of time based on scale factors on average time between rewards received while also trying to limit or remove exploits for optimal repetition of behavior.

Except:

1. It didn't work, see faction token exploits.
2. It forces the system to either lie or confuse the player. Either you keep reward indicators constant; i.e 500xp for a successful heroic public event even when you aren't, or you constantly change the amount of xp gained/displayed per event and confuse the poo poo out of everyone.

So, what it sounds like they are doing now is set everything constant and then go back an tweak every single payout based on the statistical evidence accumulated since launch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Meat Dimension posted:

I hope you like Sweet Business.

did you call that from downtown or had he alerady popped at 4:21am?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

broxûr may i have some gûns

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Chilichimp posted:

did you call that from downtown or had he alerady popped at 4:21am?

Nah that nerd shows up on the map at reset (4am EST)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thinking about exceptions to noun phrase pluralization convention...it obviously wouldn’t be Shoulders Charge, or Pizzas Hut...

https://twitter.com/billyraycyrus/status/608133696932020224

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
is that Mac

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

PathAsc posted:

Gonna need that masterworks system bad Tues and big papa Osiris
Masterworks won't drop until the 12th

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Whoa, that really is uncanny

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Roman posted:

Which is a shame since the internet is going to die two days later.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

Thinking about exceptions to noun phrase pluralization convention...it obviously wouldn’t be Shoulders Charge, or Pizzas Hut...

https://twitter.com/billyraycyrus/status/608133696932020224

Don’t shake that salt, that stingy painful salt
I just want to matchmake with some mans
For if you shake that salt, that stingy painful salt
I might have to go and join a clan WHOOOOOO

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Don’t shake that salt, that stingy painful salt
I just want to matchmake with some mans
For if you shake that salt, that stingy painful salt
I might have to go and join a clan WHOOOOOO

:golfclap:
Bra. loving. Vo.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Just maxed out on the trial for xbone, seems like a lot of fun. Can I realistically play this here and there and get enough out of it, or is it something I have to really devote time to, like a normal mmorpg?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Just maxed out on the trial for xbone, seems like a lot of fun. Can I realistically play this here and there and get enough out of it, or is it something I have to really devote time to, like a normal mmorpg?

D2 is 100% built to play here and there, there's probably 100-150ish hours of content in game right now and nothing except the raid requires a huge time investment

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Playing it here and there is probably better than devoting a ton of time to it, it'll take you longer to cap out and they may have fixed the endgame by then.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah there’s a few insanely annoying and aggravating things (vault system sucks, mods suck, rng everywhere, no compass or teammates on waypoints, ridiculous loot lockouts) but provided you only play the campaign once and don’t wanna play crucible ever it’s an okay game.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Shooting guns feels real good and the game is pretty.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I was alot better with scouts and hand cannons in D1... is it just that scouts suck now?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yikes!!! Pvp numbers across all platforms and D1/D2....oof

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
At its deadest and most ungay D1 would be high 300s low 400s iirc, and that’s just on Xb1/ps4.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roman posted:

poo poo, that's right.

I'll settle for more fixes than expected

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yikes!!! Pvp numbers across all platforms and D1/D2....oof

Proud non-contributor here. :wave:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I logged in to see if there was any clan poo poo to claim

I already knew there wasn't though

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc posted:

I logged in to see if there was any clan poo poo to claim

I already knew there wasn't though

All 4 for mine every week, which I'm always shocked to find out when claiming multiple weeks worth at a time.

Prosecutor is literally all that ever drops from the Trials ones lmao It's astounding.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
game is dead

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm dead

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
adn im gay

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
(For Destiny 2)

I should boot up my PS4 tomorrow since I work tonight :smith:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
so i just got this can someone talk to me about speccing out and playing a hunter or titan?

also do people play PvE or is it all PvP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Waroduce posted:

so i just got this can someone talk to me about speccing out and playing a hunter or titan?

also do people play PvE or is it all PvP?

wrong thread my dude